PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriots on the UFA market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great off season thread B6!
I find it depressing that at one time I had such hopes for many of these < jags
None are of are interest for 2014

I could potentially see someone like Brace being brought back for depth if DT isn't addressed in the draft.

Sure, somebody like him - as long as it isn't him.

Carter was as good as Buchanan last year. I would prefer better, but we do need a pass-rushing DE.

Why? Andre Carter is finished. He was less than useless for us last year.

Why? Andre Carter is finished. He was less than useless for us last year.

Yeah. I loved Carter his 1st year here. Big loss when he got injured. Great guy.
But stick a fork in him. He's done. A speed rusher who has lost his speed.

Collie was clutch for us last year, the only pass he didn't catch was the final play against Miami, which was not a well designed play and he was totally covered.

But I think his chances are minimum, with Edelman back, Amendola, Boyce, etc...only in case of injury.

Svitek for sure, I'm surprised we didn't re sign him already. Collie and Branch, of course are welcome back for me. I say Anderson since he probably has more left in the tank than Carter

What about Asante?

If the Pats' corners were still being asked to play a lot of zone, I'd be intrigued. He doesn't really fit with the current defensive philosophy though, IMO. The Pats are loading up on CBs who can play press man, and that was never Asante's game. Arrington can't, which is part of the reason why he's only effective in the slot. Ryan is much better in zone as well, and that's probably why we're hearing talk about moving him to safety. Revis, Browner, and Dennard all fit the new mold, though, as did Talib and Dowling.

Svitek for sure, I'm surprised we didn't re sign him already. Collie and Branch, of course are welcome back for me. I say Anderson since he probably has more left in the tank than Carter

I'm pretty sure I can run faster than Branch at this point.

I would call Jerry Rice before call Branch.

Pretty sure that Koppen has retired as he has taken a job coaching for a HS team in RI..

Pretty sure that Koppen has retired as he has taken a job coaching for a HS team in RI..

He'd probably still be an upgrade over Wendell. Unfortunately, it would only be a matter of time before a season-ending injury occurs and Wendell comes back into the starting line-up shortly before being driven flat on his back.

He'd probably still be an upgrade over Wendell. Unfortunately, it would only be a matter of time before a season-ending injury occurs and Wendell comes back into the starting line-up shortly before being driven flat on his back.

Just as long as he doesn't get called for tripping

Please BB draft an OC in the 3rd round

Perhaps the boards will change lots by May 9th. As of now, the top three centers will likely be gone when we pick in the 3rd, and the rest are developmental reaches. There seems to be more value in the 4th. IMHO, a guard is more likely than a center. We have Wendell, Connolly, Cave and Barker as centers. We are thinner at RG.

Just as long as he doesn't get called for tripping

Please BB draft an OC in the 3rd round

Perhaps the boards will change lots by May 9th. As of now, the top three centers will likely be gone when we pick in the 3rd, and the rest are developmental reaches. There seems to be more value in the 4th. IMHO, a guard is more likely than a center. We have Wendell, Connolly, Cave and Barker as centers. We are thinner at RG.

Always glad to read draft input

Rich Ohrnberger played decently well for the chargers and I think would be a good reserve player. Will Svitek and Austin Collie are both guys I could see them bringing in for cheap deals and I would kind of surprised if either made the team out of camp, but they would be guys they would call as soon as someone got hurt.

Funny that nobody mentioned Chung. LOL

Exactly what I was thinking. I would take Koppen and Asante if they had anything left in the tank (not sure they do).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes