PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rank the top 3 drafts of the Belichick era

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gotta be 2010, 2003, and 2001. In that order. The worst drafts, IMO, are 2007 (mother of God), 2006, and MAYBE 2014 (although that's produced JAG and Sweet Feet).
07 was probably Bill's worst. I'm somewhat of a Miami Hurricanes fan and I hated the Meriweather pick. The guy was a freelancing head hunter with a low football IQ. To this day it still baffles me that he hung around in the league as long as he did. Sad to say he was really the only contributor in that draft. In the end of the day the Moss trade pretty much wiped out the crappiness of that draft so it is what it is.

As for 2014 I would call it a better draft if we got a better return in the Jimmy trade. If we ended up with 2 first round picks for him I would hold that draft in much higher regard but drafting him in the second and developing for 3.5 years only to trade him for a 2 doesn't really seem like a "haul". Easley was maybe Bill's biggest first round whiff and the Stork situation ended rather oddly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back