PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriot Ressurects the Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demigod? Lol. Nice straw man embellishment .

I was always lukewarm at best about Tebow. I respect honest belief, but I am skeptical of too much public ostentation by anyone about their beliefs. It makes me wonder if they feel a need to reassure themselves, or if they're being so public as a way of asserting themselves to be holier than thou (pride in one's faith is one of the most seductive sins).

I like Tebow - but to be honest I question whether he truly is as interested in playing NFL football as we're led to believe. I think he is more interested in promoting his brand than he is at putting the hard work and effort to become an NFL QB. That's why you won't see him play in Canada, switch positions or do anything else to get back on the field.

Not that Tom Brady had a brand 15 years ago but I'm glad he had a very a different mindset than that.
^this.

I watched strangers from all over the world and every ethnicity come to the help of this man for over an hour! Whether it was chest compressions, starting an IV, helping breathe life into this man, or praying everyone helped...
Lots of potentially lifesaving aid from lots of people, and what, or who, gets the publicity?

Last edited:
^this.

Lots of potentially lifesaving aid from lots of people, and what, or who, gets the publicity?
Jesus, or as near as we can get to Jesus here on earth, got it. No one else or their efforts matter.

^this.

Gimme a break.

Tebow could have made a career in the NFL for himself as an H Back but unfortunately that was beneath him. His choice but he preferred being a commentator.
Not sure about that. I think a big part of why he's never been given a second chance at any position is that he's too big of a distraction. The extra media... the criticism from fans if he doesn't start... it's one thing to deal with that for a starting QB, but who wants to deal with it for a 2nd or 3rd stringer or a guy that's learning a new position?

Not sure there's much he could really do about that.

I went to the Razor and SAW Tebow throw. A number of times. I wrote about it here. I broke down all the throws by zone.Personally, I wanted the kid to succeed. I wanted him to get a shot as a backup. I don't know how to put it any other way so I'll just tell you, Tebow is NOT an NFL caliber QB. A great kid, a terrific athlete, a mediocre NFL qb prospect. THAT is why he isn't in the league.

I went to the Razor and SAW Tebow throw. A number of times. I wrote about it here. I broke down all the throws by zone.Personally, I wanted the kid to succeed. I wanted him to get a shot as a backup. I don't know how to put it any other way so I'll just tell you, Tebow is NOT an NFL caliber QB. A great kid, a terrific athlete, a mediocre NFL qb prospect. THAT is why he isn't in the league.
I agree with the above analysis. QB is one position which, more than any other, does not necessarily translate well from the college level to the pros. The list of QB's that won the Heisman is littered with busts at the pro level - far more busts than successes, that's for sure.... RG3, Johnny Manziel, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Danny Wueffel, Charlie Ward, Gino Torretta... many consider Tim Tebow or Tommy Frazier to be among the greatest of all time... Ty Detmer also comes to mind....

I agree with the above analysis. QB is one position which, more than any other, does not necessarily translate well from the college level to the pros. The list of QB's that won the Heisman is littered with busts at the pro level - far more busts than successes, that's for sure.... RG3, Johnny Manziel, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Danny Wueffel, Charlie Ward, Gino Torretta... many consider Tim Tebow or Tommy Frazier to be among the greatest of all time... Ty Detmer also comes to mind....
Speed of the NFL is probably what the difference was between a great college QB and a mediocre NFL QB for Tebow.

Bummer. I opened this thread expecting to read about Dante Scarnecchia bringing pass blocking back to life at Gillette.

Spot on analysis. I thought he was a waste of roster space & reps. I was perplexed that BB signed the guy because even though he deserves credit for Denver's playoff berth & win he's just not an NFL style QB and definitely not a Patriots profile QB. Just BB indulging himself.

Can't understand this board's visceral disdain for the guy though.

I was always lukewarm at best about Tebow. I respect honest belief, but I am skeptical of too much public ostentation by anyone about their beliefs. It makes me wonder if they feel a need to reassure themselves, or if they're being so public as a way of asserting themselves to be holier than thou (pride in one's faith is one of the most seductive sins).
I know of no religion that does not ask the faithful to spread the word. Someone said earlier that he did not want to play football. It was obviously not his first Love, but he probably felt obligated to use his God Given Gifts to spread the word.

I know of no religion that does not ask the faithful to spread the word. Someone said earlier that he did not want to play football. It was obviously not his first Love, but he probably felt obligated to use his God Given Gifts to spread the word.
Having been raised in a family with Quaker ties I do know that there are some that aren't obnoxious about it. To me it seems disrespectful to push your beliefs into everyone else's face. Maybe that's why I find most organized religion to be unpalatable and often hypocritical. Eschew greed but give to the church they preach, when the church often has more wealth than the poor worshippers. Sorry I want to see less gold on the alters and more in the hearts. And less "look at how devout and faithful I am" and more unassuming service. Less "wow Tebow prayed for a cardiac patient" and more "trained responders took care of a stricken patient."

Having been raised in a family with Quaker ties I do know that there are some that aren't obnoxious about it. To me it seems disrespectful to push your beliefs into everyone else's face. Maybe that's why I find most organized religion to be unpalatable and often hypocritical. Eschew greed but give to the church they preach, when the church often has more wealth than the poor worshippers. Sorry I want to see less gold on the alters and more in the hearts. And less "look at how devout and faithful I am" and more unassuming service. Less "wow Tebow prayed for a cardiac patient" and more "trained responders took care of a stricken patient."

that is kinda where i am at, I dont think a pastor should live higher than most (if any) of his/her parishioners Too many people are the "look at me, im a good person" type of person,

You should give in privacy, and not bring attention to one self, however, I didnt think Tebow brought that on himself, but more of the crazy that follows

that is kinda where i am at, I dont think a pastor should live higher than most (if any) of his/her parishioners Too many people are the "look at me, im a good person" type of person,

You should give in privacy, and not bring attention to one self, however, I didnt think Tebow brought that on himself, but more of the crazy that follows
Yep. Agree totally. I think Tebow got more adulation than his college athletic accomplishments deserved, because his religious beliefs appealed strongly to the evangelicals. I do think he brought some of it on himself, by his public and highly visible demonstrations of his faith. To me that's where he gets uncomfortably close to the mortal sin of pride. And it's what makes him more than a former college hero who couldn't cut it in the pros, which is all he really is.

Yep. Agree totally. I think Tebow got more adulation than his college athletic accomplishments deserved,
Bull. He is a national champion and a Heisman Trophy winner. He is at or near the top of the list of best college QB's ever.

He deserved every accolade he got.
and because his religious beliefs appealed strongly to the evangelicals. I do think he brought some of it on himself, by his public and highly visible demonstrations of his faith. To me that's where he gets uncomfortably close to the mortal sin of pride. And it's what makes him more than a former college hero who couldn't cut it in the pros, which is all he really is.
Yeah!! How dare he express his faith in public???! What does he think this is, a free country?!??!?

Thanks for obnoxiously pushing your beliefs in our face and disrespecting 'most organized religion' in the process.

Breaking news, Pope Francis just verified Tim's first miracle and his has moved to beatification..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft