PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriot Ressurects the Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there's a negative spin on this, Tebow throwing his religion down the families' throats or something absurd lol. Shame he couldn't have hung around the league longer (although part of that is certainly his fault not interested in playing another position), one of the true good guys around.

Great story!

I think his failing as a pro leads people to forget that he was one of the all time greats at the college level.

SportsBabeBrandy and Remarker still think he's coming back any day now...Tebow should discover his own country. He'd populate it with wingnuts within a week

I'm sure there's a negative spin on this, Tebow throwing his religion down the families' throats or something absurd lol. Shame he couldn't have hung around the league longer (although part of that is certainly his fault not interested in playing another position), one of the true good guys around.

The namby-pamby negative nancys on this board will exercise any means necessary to denigrate Tim or his character. Not really sure why they act so childish and immature, resorting to peevish pot-shots and grandstanding moronic behavior.

He doesn't qualify as a former Patriot...

"almost former Patriot" is more appropriate..

Could give or take Tebow, but remember during TC for the time he was here sat next to a mom and her son in the aluminum seats and she was ranting and raving about how she came from Ct. to watch Tim as if that experience was about redemption...

Quite simply Tebow was an outstanding NCAA QB who did not have the skillset to survive in the NFL.. given how hard good QB's are to find one might think that one of these teams would give him a chance.. or he would take the opportunity to hone his skills in the NFL..

"almost former Patriot" is more appropriate..

Could give or take Tebow, but remember during TC for the time he was here sat next to a mom and her son in the aluminum seats and she was ranting and raving about how she came from Ct. to watch Tim as if that experience was about redemption...

Quite simply Tebow was an outstanding NCAA QB who did not have the skillset to survive in the NFL.. given how hard good QB's are to find one might think that one of these teams would give him a chance.. or he would take the opportunity to hone his skills in the NFL..

Probably been millions of training camp washouts in the BB era. Maybe some faith healers in the bunch, who knows? Isn't there a religion forum here?

Probably been millions of training camp washouts in the BB era. Maybe some faith healers in the bunch, who knows? Isn't there a religion forum here?

Jerrod Mayo was always labelled a quiet religious leader who did not seek adulation for his beliefs..

There are many others..

SportsBabeBrandy and Remarker still think he's coming back any day now...Tebow should discover his own country. He'd populate it with wingnuts within a week
It's known as the Resurrection Erection...

Jerrod Mayo was always labelled a quiet religious leader who did not seek adulation for his beliefs..

There are many others..

Good for him. He could also play his position.

There is adulation for Tebow, he is a virtual Demigod.

Good for him. He could also play his position.

There is adulation for Tebow, he is a virtual Demigod.

There was a rumor a while ago they wanted him to run for congress in Fla, he certainly had all of the qualifications;);)

Tebow, Kaep, Wilson and a few others were supposed to spark this revolution in offense of the running QB and the read option. The NFL has changed. Conventional QBs and pocket passers like Brady were dinosaurs and wouldn't fit in the new NFL.

At least that's what a lot of people said. I remember getting into a debate on this topic with a Tebow fan who oddly enough hasn't posted here in a long time.

Didn't quite work out that way....

I like Tebow - but to be honest I question whether he truly is as interested in playing NFL football as we're led to believe. I think he is more interested in promoting his brand than he is at putting the hard work and effort to become an NFL QB. That's why you won't see him play in Canada, switch positions or do anything else to get back on the field.

Not that Tom Brady had a brand 15 years ago but I'm glad he had a very a different mindset than that.

I like Tebow - but to be honest I question whether he truly is as interested in playing NFL football as we're led to believe. I think he is more interested in promoting his brand than he is at putting the hard work and effort to become an NFL QB. That's why you won't see him play in Canada, switch positions or do anything else to get back on the field.

Not that Tom Brady had a brand 15 years ago but I'm glad he had a very a different mindset than that.
I have zero issue with Tebow the person. He is exactly who he said he would be the whole time. He said from the beginning that he was grateful for his spot in the NFL because it gave him a broader platform to spread God's word. Whether you agree with him or not, and I don't, at least he is honest and true to himself. Its the hypocritical religious nutjobs I can't stand or respect. All of that said Tebow in the NFL was a failure due to poor mechanics and a massive windup that DB's could cut in front of. Not to mention short of the 25 yard out and the bomb Tebow couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Too much power in every throw. He was still a fierce competitor and an impressive leader and in the right circumstances with a run game and defense to back him up I think he could be an acceptable QB. Tough to find and why he is out of the NFL but I have no negative feelings towards him and it's hard to understand those that do.

Tebow could have made a career in the NFL for himself as an H Back but unfortunately that was beneath him. His choice but he preferred being a commentator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes