PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriot Ressurects the Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on analysis. I thought he was a waste of roster space & reps. I was perplexed that BB signed the guy because even though he deserves credit for Denver's playoff berth & win he's just not an NFL style QB and definitely not a Patriots profile QB. Just BB indulging himself.

Can't understand this board's visceral disdain for the guy though.

There may be disdain, but more than that he was marketed as "Being a better person than Brady", who makes that decision?? As mentioned previous during that TC often sat in the bleachers and overheard moms with their kids getting all giddy over Timmy and what a great person he was, it was never about his ability.

If he was smart he would have gone to the CFL and honed his craft, then come back to the NFL.. but he seemed a tad too proud for that.

It was obviously not his first Love, but he probably felt obligated to use his God Given Gifts to spread the word.
...but only only as a QB. Most of the Tebow Bashing is completely baseless, but the same can be said of much of the Tebow ball-washing. If it truly was about simply spreading the word, he would have accepted trying to play as another position. It takes a high level of blindness to overlook such obvious logical fallacies.

If he was smart he would have gone to the CFL and honed his craft, then come back to the NFL.. but he seemed a tad too proud for that.
The CFL wouldn't give nearly the platform or exposure as the NFL does. If it truly was about just spreading the word, he should have been willing to give H-back or TE a go. That said, there's nothing wrong with only wanting to play QB to do it. It is the spin of all the ball-washers that is annoying.

The CFL wouldn't give nearly the platform or exposure as the NFL does. If it truly was about just spreading the word, he should have been willing to give H-back or TE a go. That said, there's nothing wrong with only wanting to play QB to do it. It is the spin of all the ball-washers that is annoying.

Doug Flutie..

Spot on analysis. I thought he was a waste of roster space & reps. I was perplexed that BB signed the guy because even though he deserves credit for Denver's playoff berth & win he's just not an NFL style QB and definitely not a Patriots profile QB. Just BB indulging himself.

The reps is what bothered me. I think he got more reps in TC that year than the other QBs, and maybe BB did it to see how the other players responded to being in a game with such a poor QB, but I thought it was a negative domino effect on the entire team.

Imagine trying to impress the coaches as a WR when the QB can't get you the ball.

TDS. Tebow Derangement Syndrome.

Breaking news, Pope Francis just verified Tim's first miracle and his has moved to beatification..
That might work if TT were Catholic. ..oops.

...but only only as a QB. Most of the Tebow Bashing is completely baseless, but the same can be said of much of the Tebow ball-washing. If it truly was about simply spreading the word, he would have accepted trying to play as another position. It takes a high level of blindness to overlook such obvious logical fallacies.
Obviously none of us can read his mind or his heart. We have no idea what his plans are. We don't really know what he is doing right now. Regardless, I wish him the best. Seems like a really decent human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News