PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio Rips NFL Response to Mortensen Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cannot buy into this conspiracy theory that the NFL is out to get the Patriots in order to create more parity in the league.
I also think that is an unlikely motive.

What I do think is that certain people around the league absolutely hate BB and because he runs the show here, they will do whatever they can to destroy him and look for ways to get him out of the league. Draft picks, hurt his players, etc.

I believe that maintaining parity is a factor in the NFL targeting the Patriots. But I think it's only one of several reasons. I think other factors include:
  • The number ex-jets employees now working for the NFL who carry grudges against Belichick/Patriots
  • goodell desperately needing to gain support from fans and owners, and what better way to get it than by punishing the team that 90% of the fans and players hates
  • goodell also needing to repair his image of being a weak commissioner, so he's trying to look like a badass with this ridiculous punishment

As the old saying goes "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". I'll take help wherever I can get it in these types of situations.

Or...

"We take our victories, however small, wherever we can find them!":)

I just cannot buy into this conspiracy theory that the NFL is out to get the Patriots in order to create more parity in the league.
As explained above, there are multiple credible motives. Can you buy the notion that the NFL is a profit-seeking enterprise? Can you buy that the NFL systematically tries to seek parity through structures such as the salary cap and the draft? The all for one philosophy with revenue sharing is design to pad every owners pockets. Kraft's capitulation served this policy. While the conception could have been as simple as Grigson's and Kensil's personal vendettas, is it difficult to believe that the league's response to and handling of the allegation did not consider the fact that it aligned so nicely with league philosophy?

As I mentioned yesterday THIS is the Holy Grail in the entire case.

The NFL deliberately propogated misinformation via Mortensen with PSi readings they KNEW were false.

Not only did they propogate it to the public via Mortensen, the Gardi letter did so directly to the Patriots and precipitated the Thursday January 22 press conferences by Belichick and a very nervous Brady.

Please remember, the NFL knowingly provided false PSi allegations to the Patriots at a time when the team was preparing for the Super Bowl. Belichick and several personnel had to redirect their efforts for several critical days to defend themselves. This is malfeasance.

The entire frameup can be proven irrefutably by this orchestrated misinformation.

Game. Set. Match.
If only kraft sued. If brady goes to court Iam not sure how all this is relevant as he wll be only fighting the discpline levied against unless of course its defamation.

mort still hasn't said anything. ****ing ******* he is.
same with old man polian.
But his twitter bio starts off by saying "Christian, Husband, Father, Veteran...once" I think it is time to hit him with as a Christian, what would Jesus do if he got it so wrong?"

As I mentioned yesterday THIS is the Holy Grail in the entire case.

The NFL deliberately propogated misinformation via Mortensen with PSi readings they KNEW were false.

Not only did they propogate it to the public via Mortensen, the Gardi letter did so directly to the Patriots and precipitated the Thursday January 22 press conferences by Belichick and a very nervous Brady.

Please remember, the NFL knowingly provided false PSi allegations to the Patriots at a time when the team was preparing for the Super Bowl. Belichick and several personnel had to redirect their efforts for several critical days to defend themselves. This is malfeasance.

The entire frameup can be proven irrefutably by this orchestrated misinformation.

Game. Set. Match.

Wow! This post deserves a separate thread!

Doesn't the section I highlighted follow the similar pattern back in 2007 camera-gate SB?

Now that Brady's reputation is already damaged, wish he hires some experts to dig out evidence that the NFL is trying its best to smear both BB and him.

Doesn't the section I highlighted follow the similar pattern back in 2007 camera-gate SB?

Now that Brady's reputation is already damaged, wish he hires some experts to dig out evidence that the NFL is trying its best to smear both BB and him.

I hope he does. That's the main reason I want Goodell to be stupid enough to stick with his guns. That way, the case can go to court and Brady can absolutely go for the throat and expose him, Kensil, and the rest of that office for the scum they are.

Damn, hadn't even considered that comparison. He makes a good point though.

I brought this up in thr Brady hearing yesterday, when it occurred it was glaring, now we need to get Florio to lol at the timeline and the lies about why the balls were checked at halftime. We know the original story was a straight up lie, then we have the lie told by Blandino about being aware of the Colts complaint, along with the letter from Guiado (sp?) to the Patriots.

The NFL may find along with a lot of idiot media trolls that discovery is a bit$h.

Just got on WEEI and brought up the letter from Gardi, SVP from the NFL containing lies of 10.1PSI and that the Colts balls were all 12.5 and above. They were trying to minimize it because hey the Patriots won but eventually they did get the significance of the NFL lying to the Patriots in the letter. Keep hammering this http://wellsreportcontext.com/nfl-letter-to-patriots/

It is much simpler than that the NFL FO is crawling with ex NYJ maggots like Kensil, Gardi and Goodell they hate have murderous envy of the Pats BB ect and we're looking to take them down. They orchestrated the lies to give the media a narrative, distract the team before the SB, and form public opinion. They succeed on 2 of 3 counts.

Florio started off as a member of the pitchfork brigade. He switched after the damage had already been done.

He had the honesty to change his opinion when facts came to light. Props for that.

Florio started seeing the light over a month ago. That's a month before most "journalists"
May 13:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/13/a-theory-on-how-deflategate-initially-unfolded/

I just now noticed that my first email to Florio discussing the deep flaws in the Wells Report science was sent on May 10th. I don't know that my arguments had any impact whatsoever, but that is about when a lightbulb went off above his head, perhaps aided by his own engineering background.

Lately he has been almost the national version of Tom Curran, except that he always stop short of saying that nothing happened. Rather he spins it that the fraudulent science makes it quite unclear about whether anything happened. So he sort of clings to "those texts" but that may be because his audience would be alienated if he didn't. It surprising that he is as pro-Pats as he has been lately, given the national consensus of mouse-clicking ignorant masses who are against us.

He had the honesty to change his opinion when facts came to light. Props for that.

The facts were there from day 1. As a lawyer, he should have known better. As a Patriots hater and seeker of web traffic, he didn't care to learn before posting.

The facts were there from day 1. As a lawyer, he should have known better. As a Patriots hater and seeker of web traffic, he didn't care to learn before posting.

He like most had believed the narrative laid out by the Mort article and we Patsfans were more focused on this sting than the public at large since it was our Ox being gored.

He like most had believed the narrative laid out by the Mort article and we Patsfans were more focused on this sting than the public at large since it was our Ox being gored.

He's now supposed to be a reporter, of sorts. It's his job not to buy the narrative.

You're defending the indefensible.

At 6 this morning on Mike and Mike, they kept referring to Brady as the "Golden boy" and said basically he was being sacrificed to appease the defensive players who are always being fined though they agreed the "right thing" to do was to remove all penalties. They were the man and woman who have a show who were on as guests. I don't know their names but I was very glad to hear the man saying that all penalties should be removed, he initially though that Brady was guilty but after going through everything he doesn't believe it now it is obvious the NFL will get destroyed in court. I am not usually up at 6.

I never did either, after cameraplacementgate I chalked it up to incompetence, a new commish dealing with his first big story and completely bungling it and letting public outcry drive the penalties.

But between this 'scandal' and the Jets 'penalty' for a clear-as-day tampering charge I just don't see any other explanation. Based on past precedence the Jets should have lost a pick and swapped picks with the Pats somewhere, it's just plain as day based on the prior penalties. And the '11 of 12 footballs 2 psi low' report, I mean that was never, ever corrected. People in the NFL offices knew the real numbers, knew the insanity that was going on in the media, and watched Belichick and Brady give their Thursday press conferences based on false information. Even then they could have done something. Then they watched Belichick give his Saturday press conference on the same false info, Kraft address the press, allowed the Wells investigation to proceed for two months without ever correcting the narrative that had taken hold of the story.

Something real is going on here, and I don't think it's possible to chalk it up to basic incompetence anymore. There's a real bias at NFL headquarters, from the letter to the Pats that was wrong to the Mort report to Vincent's tweets to the NFL.com tweets to Schefter's twitter battle with Aello (sp?) yesterday; I'm not sure it'll be enough to succeed in court in a defamation suit (if it ever gets that far) but to anyone watching this story closely it's plain as day.

At 6 this morning on Mike and Mike...I was very glad to hear the man saying that all penalties should be removed, he initially though that Brady was guilty but after going through everything he doesn't believe it now it is obvious the NFL will get destroyed in court. I am not usually up at 6.

That's Michael Smith. Smith said he had read the Wells Report, the context report, and the AEI report and the science seemed lousy to him.

The other two (Greenberg, Jemele Hill) were pretty quiet. I imagined sirens were going off and red lights were flashing, with voices in their ears saying "Code Red, REPEAT, Code Red, pro-Patriots talk, let's nip this in the bud right now!"

Smith is probably getting his discipline as we speak!

I don't necessarily think it was a parity-driven conspiracy. I think it was driven by some guys among the group of Kensil, Pash, Vincent and maybe even Grigson that each just had a bug up their ass about the Patriots. Beyond all logic they were convinced of wrongdoing from the very beginning. After the ball was rolling they were also willing to lie (11 of 12) to drive the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST