PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First "chink" in the armor Bill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I know (from listening to hours of sports radio today) that basically EVERY team is guilty of stealing signals and doing whatever they can to obtain an advantage (SEE Colts turning up the heat and pumping in crowd noise during last years playoffs)...I am VERY disappointed in BB and the Patriots organization for doing something as IGNORANT and arrogant as this.

Firstly, we are talking about the New England Patriots here...the team that almost EVERY TALKING HEAD IN THE SPORTS MEDIA LOVES TO HATE!!! Why take this kind of risk...WHEN YOU KNOW FULL WELL...that the PATS will pay the ultimate price for something like this, and be given the most severe penalty possible...while other teams would be able to skate away on it!!!!

The Pats know this...If This situation involved the Colts, or Steelers, or even the Doofins or Jets (Who were both caught doing the SAME EXACT THING)..it would NEVER have caused this kind of upset or situation...

And this all comes back to Bill Belichick...why the **** did we need this jackoff videotaping anything from the sidelines against the JESTS OF ALL **** teams????? We could have beaten them with our scrubs on Sunday for cripe's sakes...I am so ****ed off right now...

Now all you freakin' hear is "Does this tarnish the Patriots 3 SB victories?" Mark Schlereth: "Well of course it does!" Why Mark you D-bag???? This is one incident...any other team that is coming forward attacking the Pats right now (like the lowly Green Bay Packers)...are a bunch of sore ***ed losers...

But you watch the scumbag media come out of the woodwork to attack the Pats...who everyone in the media once again loves to hate...and try to now DIMINISH EVERYTHING THAT THE PLAYERS and organization, and US, THE FANS...have worked to achieve...all because of one ARROGANT AND ignorant act...by Bill Belichick and his coaching staff...

I will wait until all the evidence comes out...and wait for a verdict...but if you don't think the league is going to give them the harshest punishment possible (while others would have gotten a slap on the wrist)...you are being naive...

If Guilty.....this will go down as a HUGE blemish on Bill Belichick........despite this stuff being done by all teams.........F$^k......what were you thinking Bill?

NBD...Not a Big Deal my friend. That's not just my opinion, that's a fact. What was perfectly legal and sporting last year is now illegal/against the rules and classless...That would be like you & I saving money on our federal taxes last year and doing the same thing this year except the law has changed...Oops is about all it is.

War....fights....battles....
anyone thats experienced knows that it's all about winning.

Football is a war - we need intelligence reports

Its all or nothing.

Jealous are we??? When was the last time a head coach lead the Chargers to three Superbowl wins??? Anyone know the answer to this question?? I do, the answer is NEVER! Go back to your own board and dream with the other Charger fans of Superbowls that will never be!

Gee, I wonder if you think Shawne Merriman is an embarassment to the NFL?

It was a fricken video camera not an AK-47.......

Apparently none of our coaches were as technologically savvy as Belechick.

The league's response? Pretty much a stifled yawn, since there is no rule prohibiting such film study.

"Reaction around the league office was, 'That's football,' " AFC spokesman Steve Alic said.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick, speaking Wednesday at his news conference, doubted that Miami gained an advantage.

"I stand out on that field every day, as do our defensive players -- who are pretty smart players -- and I don't see it," Belichick said. "If I can't pick it up and our players can't pick it up, with what we know and the opportunity to see and work against each other, I have a hard time thinking somebody else [could]."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2696227

In addition to the film they were also intercepting radio signals from the other side.

Belichick should be forced to resign, this is embarrasing for the NFL

Forced to resign.. u can take that bolt and put it where the sun don't shine..u troll!!!!!!

War....fights....battles....
anyone thats experienced knows that it's all about winning.

Football is a war - we need intelligence reports

Its all or nothing.

I get your comment on gathering info but....War is war and football is a game! Real men died in real wars so you can sit in freedom and talk smack on a message board! Please respect our veterans and US soldiers presently in Iraq.

I get your comment on gathering info but....War is war and football is a game! Real men died in real wars so you can sit in freedom and talk smack on a message board! Please respect our veterans and US soldiers presently in Iraq.
This has nothing to do with Iraq you toad

i'll say it again.

violating an NFL policy does not equal cheating. (see urlacher/vitamin water hat)

nobody has made a good case yet that videotaping the sidelines gives the pats any competitive advantage whatsoever.

teams have access to vid caps during the game. the coaches in the booth have access to the broadcast. there is nothing that says you can't watch the coaches with binoculars and write everything down that they do.

the league says you can't videotape and so, it looks like we broke a rule. big effing deal. not wearing your socks correctly is breaking the rules too. doesn't mean it helps you win.

calm down people.

This is the definitive post on the subject.

Stand up and take your bow.
The Broncos received a demonstrable competitive advantage by their illegal gaming of the salary cap rules in the late 90s and were docked a draft pick. If it can be proven that the pats gained an advantage, a similar penalty should be forthcoming. Until then, "violating league policy" is a meaningless statement.

WHAT?

This is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... but you want to kick the coach of our team while he's down AND call yourself a fan?

If we cheated AND the league decides to take a draft pick or two OR EVEN suspends BB (which I doubt will happen) then... so be it.

First off, why don't we wait to see what is going to happen here before jumping all over the man. We don't know all of the facts, I'm guessing that BB, Kraft and the Commish do or will soon.

Secondly... regardless of what punishment the league doles out... BB is worth it. PERIOD. EVEN IF THEY TAKE BOTH OF OUR FIRST ROUNDERS (a ridiculous thought) next year... having BB as our coach would STILL be worth it. Do you really think that there is a team in this league that wouldn't give up two first rounders for BB to come coach their team?

Third... if you are happy being a fan of the best team in football... then you MUST be happy with BB. Winning is part of who the man is... he lives and breathes to win football games... if he can gain an edge for OUR TEAM by doing ANYTHING... he does it... it's one of the reasons that we have been so successful. If every team's coach isn't doing everything they can to help their team to win... then I question that coach and I question that team.

Fourth... all the trolls coming here and "speaking their mind".... forget about them. WE get to watch the best team in football, week in and week out. WE get to cheer for a future HoF coach who is already considered one of the best that ever was AND MIGHT JUST BE THE BEST THAT THERE EVER HAS BEEN.... if you think differently and you are just a fan of the league... WELL WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK... but if you think differently AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A PATS FAN.... IMHO, you don't even deserve to wear a Pats Jersey.

Who remembers sitting on the metal bleachers just dying for a .500 season?
Who remembers just waiting for Indy or TB to come to town so that MAYBE we could win a game?
Who remembers the Bills and the Dolphins DESTROYING us on a regular basis?
Who remembers losing to the Bears in SB20?
Does anyone remember the score of that game?
Who remembers losing to GB in SB31?

Well that was all before BB and Kraft!

NOW:

Who remembers winning SB36?
Who remembers winning SB38?
Who remembers winning SB39?
Who remembers winning the AFC East for the last four years?
Who remembers being dubbed a dynasty?

That's all from BB and Kraft.

It's really easy to support our team and our coach when is everything is great... but a lot of folks are showing their true colors right now. If you're a fan of the Patriots... you're a fan of BB... simple as that. You don't like BB as a man... fine by me. You don't like BB as a husband... I don't care. But you claim to be a fan of the New England Patriots and you don't like BB as our head coach...

Well, I hear that the coaches of the Colts and the Bears are really nice guys... do us all a favor and turn in your Pats gear and go support some other team. There have been WAY TOO many bandwagon fans over the past decade anyways.

IMHO: if you don't like the man driving the bus... THEN GET OFF THE BUS.

Oh yeah...Hall of Fame for this one. Thanks for sparing me the typing man

i'll say it again.

violating an NFL policy does not equal cheating. (see urlacher/vitamin water hat)

nobody has made a good case yet that videotaping the sidelines gives the pats any competitive advantage whatsoever.

teams have access to vid caps during the game. the coaches in the booth have access to the broadcast. there is nothing that says you can't watch the coaches with binoculars and write everything down that they do.

the league says you can't videotape and so, it looks like we broke a rule. big effing deal. not wearing your socks correctly is breaking the rules too. doesn't mean it helps you win.

calm down people.

This is basically a more eloquent and clearly thought of version of what I've been trying to convey. They broke a rule. That much is obvious. But nobody knows enough to say this is some type of poop storm that is going to ruin the season.

As was the case with Harrison, the decision with regard to punishment belongs to the league as it should. But make no mistake, Belichick has broken lots of rules. He has been warned by the league many times. The commissioner has had enough. He will hold a hearing and mete out swift punishment. And yes, this will setting an example of an individual for whom the NFL brass have absoltely no sympathy. He has done what he wanted in bending rules and laughing at the NFL. Well, turnaround is what it is.

Apparently none of our coaches were as technologically savvy as Belechick.

Hi Jim: HAHAHAHA! Thank you, that is the first laugh I have gotten off this board all day! And by the way, its Belichick.....

In addition to the film they were also intercepting radio signals from the other side.

Belichick should be forced to resign, this is embarrassing for the NFL

What's embarrassing for the NFL is allowing actual convicts the ability to continue to play football. Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Leonard Little...

What do these players all have in common? They are convicted criminals (murders and drug trafficker) yet people seem to have forgiven and forgotten. Go home troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back