PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FINALLY someone national brings up playing conditions regarding Brady and Manning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FINALLY someone national brings up playing conditions regarding Brady and Manning

His opening post:

Honestly, who gives a crap?

Arguing which one is better is a waste of time.

:rofl: Dche, Ladies and Gentlemen!! :rofl:

Re: FINALLY someone national brings up playing conditions regarding Brady and Manning

His opening post:

It is a waste of time. It's a slow week at work. I needed to waste some time.

His opening post:

To be fair, pretty much every message board argument is a waste of time. But there's a lot of time out there that needs wastin'.

Did you forget what Manning did before '01? I didn't. Let's line them up:

PM | TB | +QB Rating TB=red, PM=blue

71.2 - 86.5
90.7 - 86.5
94.7 - 85.7
84.1 - 85.9
88.8 - 92.6
99.0 - 87.9
121.1 - 117.2
104.1 - 96.2
101.0 - 111.0

PM has 5 head to head "wins", Brady has 4. That's w/o adjustment for superior skill players in the first 6 years of TB's career. That's w/o any adjustment for weather (you do know that TB has the highest W-L% of any QB all time in both the regular season and the playoffs - right?)

So you decided to look at Manning's numers pre '01 just for the sole reason it benefits Brady's side of the argument. This is not even worthy of a response, get Brady's d*ck out of your tonsils so you no longer have to pick and choose statistics in your favor when your making comparisons.

Secondly, you fail to acknowledge the fact that Manning was drafted to the worst team in football in 1998 and was asked to drag them for the gutter into playoff contention.

Brady, in the meantime, scratched his ass all rookie year, didn't have any of the pressure that comes with being the #1 overall pick out of the draft, didn't have a garbage head coach in Jim Mora, didn't have a garbage defense, nor did he step into a 3-13 team. This isn't even a comparison.

Manning's peak was 2004, and he's been in decline ever since (per QB Rating):

No, he hasn't been on the decline ever since 2004. That's a moronic statement, are you illiterate? Manning posted a 99.9 passer rating 2009, a few points higher then his '08 mark. How has he declined since 2004 if his 2009 season was better then his 2008 season? Make sense next time.

Meanwhile since Manning's last 100+ QB Rating season (2006), TB has:

That's 108.1 average over 3 years - better then Manning's 104.8 3 year peak. Hmmm, cool.

Guess Brady is still in his broad peak, and with a really good looking team, we can expect more big years from TB, but not so much from PM.

Actually, Manning's 3 year peak when he had a 99.0, 121.1, and 104.1 rating equates to a 108 rating, .1 less then Brady.

What was also heavily flawed and unfair in your comparison is that you included Brady's three best seasons of his career in terms of passer rating. If you take Manning's three best years and actually make the comparison, this is what it comes out to:

Manning (3 year average): 108.7 passer rating
Brady (3 year average): 108.1 passer rating

That ends that. Try again.

Did you ever count up how many Dome games Manning had that year? Also do you want to review the playoff results of that year? Indy lost 20-3 against the Pats, and Manning didn't even manage a TD pass for his team, 27 for 42 w/ 1 Int and 238 yards. Pretty poor.

Dome games? What did Brady play in that year, two to three bad weather games? The weather was perfect for him nearly the entire year.

Also, Manning was more efficient (better YPA and passer rating). In 16 games from Manning in 2004, this is what his stats come out to:

5004 yards, 53 TDs, 11 interceptions, 123.1 passer rating

Look at that. When you actually make the comparison even (Manning only played 15 games in 2004, Brady played 16 in 2007) Manning wins YET AGAIN. The only way you Patriots fans can prove a point statistically is when you make the comparison uneven, or leaning towards Brady's favor.

And that 16th game I added on for Manning was the Denver Wild Card playoff (where he's supposed to choke, mind you) game where he threw for 456 yards and 4 TDs. He was supposed to play Denver in week 17 but the Colts rested their starters after the first drive.

Baloney, the Pats had a #1 D one time, not three.

Yeah, but I just did the math, and over the course of those three Super Bowl runs (2001, 2003, & 2004), the Patriots let up 15 PPG. That means going against the best offenses and teams in the league week in and week out, over the course of THREE playoff runs, the Patriots let up 15 PPG. That is LEGENDARY. The grounds you stoop to give Brady more credit then he deserves is amazing.

So? Moss was ineffective/gone last year, and Brady had a season better then any Manning season except 2004.

This is true, but I don't what point you're trying to make.

Do'h, you think it's a team game - good that's basic you don't have to learn. The Cassel year was explained 16-0 > 11-5 with an easy schedule, and oh by the way he's doing fine for KC.

It doesn't matter if he's doing fine for KC, that's nearly irrelevant. What is relevant is that Brady got hurt and some high school bum came straight into the Patriots system and threw for 400+ yards in back to back games and led them to 11 wins.

But it can't be the system, right? :rolleyes:

Learn more history:

2001:

Pats 11-5
Fins 11-5
Jets 10-6
Colts 6-10 (ah hah!)

2002:

Jets/Fins/Pats 9-7
Bills 8-8

2004:

Pats 14-2
Jets 10-6
Bills 9-7

2008:

Fins 11-5
Pats 11-5
Jets 9-7

Colts:

2009:

Colts 14-2
Texans 9-7
Titans 8-8

2006:

Colts 12-4
Jags 8-8
Titans 8-8

2004:

Colts 12-4
Jags 9-7
Texans 7-9

You are going to have to get your information together otherwise everything you write is going to get trashed. Have a nice day.

You left out certain years when the Jaguars went 10-6, or the year the Titans got the #1 seed after going 13-3. The way you pick and choose your arguments is preposterous beyond belief, you literally gave Manning no chance in this post and only posted statistics that benefited Brady and completely ignore the stats that benefit Manning.

There are fools upon fools around here, that post was pathetically easy to dispute. Not used to blabbing off at the mouth with nobody to challenge your uninformative and incorrect garbage, huh?

Last edited:

And the insecure Colts fan is back...

So you decided to look at Manning's numers pre '01 just for the sole reason it benefits Brady's side of the argument.
Pretty sure he looked at them because he looked at both players careers.
You seem to want to ignore the first 3 years of Manning career. Why?

Secondly, you fail to acknowledge the fact that Manning was drafted to the worst team in football in 1998 and was asked to drag them for the gutter into playoff contention.
The Patriots were 7-19 in the 26 games before Bradys first start, and have the best record of any QB in NFL history since.

Dome games? What did Brady play in that year, two to three bad weather games? The weather was perfect for him nearly the entire year.
That is simply incorrect

Look at that. When you actually make the comparison even (Manning only played 15 games in 2004, Brady played 16 in 2007) Manning wins YET AGAIN. The only way you Patriots fans can prove a point statistically is when you make the comparison uneven, or leaning towards Brady's favor.
No season to season is an even comparison. Giving credit for plays he didnt make is the epitome of a bs comparison. You are saying Mannings year is better if you give him credit for plays he didnt make becuase you think he would have.

And that 16th game I added on for Manning was the Denver Wild Card playoff (where he's supposed to choke, mind you) game where he threw for 456 yards and 4 TDs. He was supposed to play Denver in week 17 but the Colts rested their starters after the first drive.
So you add playoff games to Manning stats and not to Bradys and accuse the other guy of twisiting the numbers? Really.
BTW, would you like to address how Manning played in the playoff game in Foxboro the next week?

Yeah, but I just did the math, and over the course of those three Super Bowl runs (2001, 2003, & 2004), the Patriots let up 15 PPG. That means going against the best offenses and teams in the league week in and week out, over the course of THREE playoff runs, the Patriots let up 15 PPG. That is LEGENDARY. The grounds you stoop to give Brady more credit then he deserves is amazing.
Those numbers are not correct. Would you really like to break down what the QB, running game and defense contributed to the only ring Peyton has? What was his playoff rating that season?

It doesn't matter if he's doing fine for KC, that's nearly irrelevant. What is relevant is that Brady got hurt and some high school bum came straight into the Patriots system and threw for 400+ yards in back to back games and led them to 11 wins.

But it can't be the system, right? :rolleyes:
That is the dumbest argument of the week. First Cassell was here 3 years. Second he took a 16-0 team to 11-5. That would be the same as taking your team from last years 10-6 to 5-11. Are you saying the Colts are so bad that if you took Cassell from the 10-6 Chiefs and put him in Indy, you couldn't win 5 games? Really?

I jumped to the last page and have only one comment. Defending your qb by stating that a dome has no bearing on accuracy is: in denial, a homer, uninformed, or not quite in middle school. Perfect conditions happen in domes every Sunday. That is not true in outside stadiums, even in Tampa where the weather is usually quite nice. Here's an analysis; two fans wear the same clothes all season to a game (tee shirt and light pants). One's sits in a dome the other in New England. Don't worry, only one game will be unequal, right?

So you decided to look at Manning's numers pre '01 just for the sole reason it benefits Brady's side of the argument. This is not even worthy of a response,

And yet you made one. So what is unfair about a QB in his first year getting compared head to head vs another QB in his first year, and then in each successive year?

get Brady's d*ck out of your tonsils so you no longer have to pick and choose statistics in your favor when your making comparisons.

My arguments, my choice, and based on the arguments set forth by the Manning uber alles types I have nothing to be ashamed of, on the contrary, my arguments are clean as a hounds tooth by comparison.

"asked to drag them for the gutter" ? Oh yes, drag from the gutter. I believe most people reading the thread know that, but for those that do not, I'm sure they are forever in your debt.

Brady, in the meantime, scratched his ass all rookie year

I notice you do not mention that the Pats had a proven and productive player when Brady showed up as a 4th stringer. Why would that be? Oh yes, it doesn't help your case.

didn't have any of the pressure that comes with being the #1 overall pick out of the draft.

Pressure? How about money and the keys to the starting job, oh boo hoo. Brady worked for his chance, and then made the most of it. Meanwhile Manning was a hysterical baby in Foxboro in Jan '03 and Jan '04 when he was *supposed* to be a mature QB. Ever see Brady do that, even in his first year? Some guys have "it", and some guys toss picks which effectively end a shot at winning the SB...

No, he hasn't been on the decline ever since 2004. That's a moronic statement, are you illiterate?

I might be for wasting my time with you. Please take Mannings QB Rating in 2004 as the baseline, and then look at a graph of his QB Rating numbers since then. Best case is Manning had a broad peak in '04-'06, and has dipped quite a bit since then. Facts, I deal in facts. Try it out.

Manning posted a 99.9 passer rating 2009, a few points higher then his '08 mark. How has he declined since 2004 if his 2009 season was better then his 2008 season? Make sense next time.

If a player posts these numbers which contains 5 declines (one very large, one large) and one non decline (right on the average loss yearly in QB Rating) it's easy using a graph or averages (loses on average 4.9 QB Rating points in each of the six comparison pairs) that Manning is going down hill.

'04 >>> '05 (-17.0 difference)
'05 > '06 (-3.1)
'06 > '07 (-3.0)
'07 > '08 (-3.0)
'08 < '09 (+4.9)
'09 >> '10 (-8.0)

Are you actually sure you want to stick with that argument? It looks much worse if I compare each year to 2004 BTW.

Not a big snow year, but a lot of rain and wind.

The only way you Patriots fans can prove a point statistically is when you make the comparison uneven, or leaning towards Brady's favor.

Read every post I have here and say that with a straight face.

I don't stoop to anything. The point being made is that the Pats had a #1 defense constantly - which is false. Maybe you should try reading and stop posing.

He didn't play as well as Brady did the year before (or after). He played well in his own right. What's the point? Manning is the highest paid QB in football since his rookie contract, and his offense the highest paid offenses, and even with all those guys in skill positions, Manning's QB Rating is less then Brady's, and his lifetime playoff record is 9-10 vs 14-5. Even more stark is the 1-10 record in season ending playoff games for Manning and 3-5 for Brady. Also there are the big holes in Manning the leader - his whining on the field, his tossing his OL under the bus after the game. He isn't accurate, he takes too many chances. He has had a stable OC, and power over his offense few QB's have, and one stinking SB win is what he has? And a bunch of stats that didn't equal more than that? Hey look if you are happy with this living monument to failure - great. Don't call people names over it when your arguments are puerile.

There are fools upon fools around here, that post was pathetically easy to dispute. Not used to blabbing off at the mouth with nobody to challenge your uninformative and incorrect garbage, huh?

Back at you. BTW that's just one narrow set of arguments - hardly my entire suite of arguments. But in your case, I expect no change - arguing with a zealot is a waste of time. Typical Colt nimrod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore