PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger: Seymour is optimistic, Wants to remain a Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure it is more optimisitic than he was at this same point in time last year. It is just more optimistic than how things ended up when training camp started last year.

I mean that positively on Sey. He wanted a deal done last year too. But he was fighting an uphill battle being 2 years out on current contract.

I hope we keep him; and although I think he is more valuable than Jevon Kearse; I certainly dont want the Pats to pay him more than Kearse or even up to that level or they hurt a spot somewhere else on the team.

That was my same feeling on Brady's money. While the argument goes that we have best qb in football and he is paid like 3rd best or so; that is still a big chunk of a limited salary cap pie. There are only so many guys you can pay top 5 money at their position to for so long before our vaunted depth disappears.

If PATs are going to pay him big $$$$ then I really hope they put
incentive clauses in that contract. I am still concerned about Seymours
long term health .... two years now he's been sideline for several games.
What's to say that condition of his doesn't get worst.
I hope PATs protect themselves if they are to going give him BIG $$$.

Last edited:
JR4 said:
If PATs are going to pay him big $$$$ then I really hope they put
incentive clauses in that contract. I am still concerned about Seymours
long term health .... two years now he's been sideline for several games.
What's to say that condition of his doesn't get worst.
I hope PATs protect themselves if they are to going give him BIG $$$.

Being from New Egland this could be just setting the table for his departure..
"I really wanted to stay but we couldn't get anything done"....

News flash: Richard Seymour is signed through the 2006 season. He will play his butt off even more if they don't do a long term deal this years. It will be his contract year.

After the bitter taste of this year, all I'm concerned about is making it back to the SB next year. I'm not going to worry about 2007 until the ring has been won for the 2006 season.

anyway i hope we will be able to keep hin on long terms.
Seymour is a force, one of the best Nfl players in my opinion.

I happened to catch that segment in the car yesterday, and while he did say at the end he was hopeful a deal would get done he also said some things that were troubling in that regard. Particularly when he indicated that he hadn't ruled out or in another holdout this season. Said he'd cross that bridge if he comes to it. And he reiterated that for him it remains a business where his contract is concerned. He wants to be paid fairly, which he says is being paid what he's worth. And he says if he is the best then he should be paid accordingly.

Felger gives him big kudos for remaining so measured in his comments, but the bottom line at the end of the day remains the same regardless of how the player conducts himself in the process. He doesn't come off to the public or the media as demanding or egomaniacal, but he's just as determined and he wants his $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back