PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre to ruin another season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a couple of days, Brad Childress will be on ESPN talking about the Favre signing:

"We flew down to Mississipi just in the nick of time to sign Favre before the Patriots could get to him.

An old buddy of mine runs a charter service in the Boston area and tipped me off that Belichick was planning to fly down and try to beat us to the punch.

I called in a favor at Norad and they diverted his charter plane a couple of times to delay him so I could get Favre signed before he got there. So it was a bit of a cat and mouse game going on really.

The ink was hardly dry on the contract when a sweaty and befuddled Belichick knocked frantically at the door. Bill seemed a tad suprised to see me open the door, but I just smiled one of those 'Better luck next time genius' smiles and stepped out into the warm sunlight.

Checkmating Belichick just never gets old."

In a couple of days, Brad Childress will be on ESPN talking about the Favre signing:

"We flew down to Mississipi just in the nick of time to sign Favre before the Patriots could get to him.

An old buddy of mine runs a charter service in the Boston area and tipped me off that Belichick was planning to fly down and try to beat us to the punch.

I called in a favor at Norad and they diverted his charter plane a couple of times to delay him so I could get Favre signed before he got there. So it was a bit of a cat and mouse game going on really.

The ink was hardly dry on the contract when a sweaty and befuddled Belichick knocked frantically at the door. Bill seemed a tad suprised to see me open the door, but I just smiled one of those 'Better luck next time genius' smiles and stepped out into the warm sunlight.

That was beautiful...Peter King couldn't have penned a better insider tale...:D

Great opening post. I agree with it 100%. I've come to be completely disgusted by Favre. The hype that surrounds him is mind boggling at this point. He's annoying, egotistical, selfish, and just won't go away. He's not even a top 15 quarterback anymore, and yet he gets more attention than anyone. It's played out crap from people who can't let go of their love of watching him back in the 90's. When I first heard that he refused to help mentor Aaron Rodgers, I was actually pretty shocked. I thought he was a better guy than that. The way Rodgers handled the whole situation last year, and the way he played in place of Favre has actually made me a really big fan of Rodgers. I really, really hope he completely outshines Favre next year, and I have faith that he will.

I find it sort of funny that Favre thinks he can still play well after that disaster of a run he had at the end of '08, in particular that last game against Miami where it looked like he was throwing picks on purpose. He'll probably throw 30 picks this year.

Brilliant post!!:)

Wish he would just call it a day and give us all peace now. Your done Brett, deal with it.

Favre is over-hyped, over-exposed, over-rated and over-the-hill. Wish he would find himself a hobby.

Favre is over-hyped, over-exposed, over-rated and over-the-hill. Wish he would find himself a hobby.

He has a hobby: unretiring!

Seriously, I am as tired of this as the next guy. From the Vikings standpoint, though, it's a bit different than the Jets situation last year. The Jets could have kept Pennington, who is much better than any of the bottom-feeders Minny has on their QB depth chart.

The Vikings are solid defensively and obviously have some great weapons. A QB who doesn't completely suck might just be enough to get them to the NFC championship. I don't know if that will be Favre, but he's probably the best option they have, and they won't be cutting loose any decent talent if they get him. I just hope EA sports makes another cover for my Madden 09! They should just have a program where I can photoshop Favre in any jersey at any age, then download and print:)

Last edited:

He collects retirements :D

I always had some respect for Favre - even though I always thought he was rather over-rated and was amazed at how much people overlooked his flaws. How many QB's would be talked about in such glowing terms in the media on Monday morning after having killed their team on Sunday with erratic play, bad decisions, and turnovers.

I hope that Favre continues to unretire and wreck some other team every year. Less competition for the Pats.

He collects retirements :D

I thought it was other teams' jerseys... :D

Falcons, check.
Packers, check.
Jets, check.
Vikings, check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes