PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre has a stress fracture and is in a walking boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lord Favre has a fractured ankle

The last time we played Favre he didn't finish the game and Brady threw for 4 TDs against the Packers. I expect similar results.

Can't see how he can take the field with a broken ankle...but with Brett, you never know....

Maybe he'll load up on painkillers :rocker:
Its a stress fracture, not a clean break, he could still hobble around with enough Hydrocodone

Last edited:

Crap.

Jackson is a mobile Quarterback who throws a nice deep ball. Not saying he is great, or even good, for that matter, but I think he is more dangerous than Favre at this point.

Jackson is terrible. Either way, the Vikings are at a pretty large disadvantage on offense.

He might be happier without Favre.

On a side note, he seemed pretty unhappy during the game with some of the coaching decisions. I expect that will be a huge adjustment for him.

Wow. What a huge surprise. Randy disagreeing with the offensive game plan.....

I'm torn on whether this is a good or bad thing. Favre played like crap last night and still had a chance to win the game in the end.

TJ is a moble QB and the Pat's always seem to have a tough time with mobile QBs.

In my heart, I want to play and beat Favre (Still holding a grudge from the '96 SB).

Last edited:

I think they could go to A Peterson much more this week which could spell trouble. They haven't been using nearly as much as maybe they should or could.

Last edited:

Its a stress fracture, not a clean break, he could still hobble around with enough Hydrocodone

A 42 year old, hobbled QB spaced out on drugs in an NFL game....Should the NFL put the "Viewer Discretion Advised" warning on this one???

Probably going to be a lot of misinformation coming from the Vikings this week. Not only will it keep the Patriots guessing, but I suppose if there is a suspension in the near future from the NFL for the "sexting," you want to give the appearance that he may be ready to play. Gooddell might give 2 games instead of 1, or something like that, if he thought Favre was going to miss a game anyway.

Dam it...i wanted him to play! :mad::mad:

I think they could go to A Peterson much more this week which could spell trouble. They haven't been using nearly as much as maybe they should or could.

That guy is a physical beast.....fun to watch......when he's playing someone other than the Patriots...

Absolutely. Jackson is no slouch. All things considered, probably a better QB than Favre is[was] right now.

As others have said, last night's pathetic performance, Chilly's throwing him under the bus, and a gimpy ankle all added up to a scenario where we might have put Favre under for good.

His act has worn thin with the Vikes and Tavaris is going to be a breath of fresh air and a spark for them IMO.

Career numbers of note for Jackson:

58.7 completion percentage, 21 TDs, 18 INTs, 6.7 YPA, 77.9 QB rating.

Looks like a slouch to me.

Last edited:

A 42 year old, hobbled QB spaced out on drugs in an NFL game....Should the NFL put the "Viewer Discretion Advised" warning on this one???

He has been hobbled and drugged out most of his career. Hasn't stopped the NFL from making him their poster boy.

Can't believe people think he won't play.

It's Favre. He'll be out there. His ego wouldn't allow him to sit.

Now that Favre is damaged,Randy Moss has asked for a trade :rolleyes:

Career numbers of note for Jackson:

58.7 completion percentage, 21 TDs, 18 INTs, 6.7 YPA, 77.9 QB rating.

Looks like a slouch to me.

Yeah, I don't know when Jackson became a good QB. If he was so good, the Vikes wouldn't have bent over backwards to get Favre and the convince him to come back or trade for Sage Rosenfel.

I think the team will play Hard for Jackson though.

BSPN...... Lord Favre has a fractured ankle, hes in a walking Cast. i doubt will be seeing the Human iNt machine this Sunday

total BS. he will play. people forget that childress played these injury games the last time he played the pats just to spite BB. i will bet 100% favre starts

Can't believe people think he won't play.

It's Favre. He'll be out there. His ego wouldn't allow him to sit.

He played when his father died, he's played hurt before. They only way he doesn't is suspension or retirement. Mr. Overrated will 100% be under center Sunday at Gillette. He's tougher than a nickle steak. Whether or not he finishes is another matter.

think we'll see a bloody sock? :D

BSPN...... Lord Favre has a fractured ankle, hes in a walking Cast. i doubt will be seeing the Human iNt machine this Sunday

BS....the drama queen will be there with the ankle taped up and shot up....this is all about consecutive start records.....Mr. "look at me" will at least start the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft