PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre has a stress fracture and is in a walking boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lord Favre has a fractured ankle

Brett Favre this season: 58.1 completion percentage, 7 TDs, 10 INT, 6.7 YPA, 68.0 QB rating. He's worse.

So what you're basically saying is that we'll either face a douche (Farve) or a turd sandwich (Jackson).

Brett Favre this season: 58.1 completion percentage, 7 TDs, 10 INT, 6.7 YPA, 68.0 QB rating. He's worse.
Use your eyes, Favre is a better QB than Jackson. If Jackson plays maybe he'll have a really good game - or not - who knows in one game. But anyone who'd prefer to face Favre than Tavaris Jackson is either a fool or is fooling himself.

He may play just to preserve his streak, but pretty soon he's going to end up like this guy:

holy_grail_ronaldgrant-2878.jpg

Use your eyes, Favre is a better QB than Jackson. If Jackson plays maybe he'll have a really good game - or not - who knows in one game. But anyone who'd prefer to face Favre than Tavaris Jackson is either a fool or is fooling himself.

I agree with this. Jackson is absolutely terrible, and always has been. If they were confident in him, they wouldn't have begged and pleaded with Favre to come back. They wouldn't have sent in a brigade to Mississippi to convince him that Minnesota needed him.

If anything, we shouldn't be fearing Jackson. We should be fearing Adrian Peterson. Whether it's in the running game or the passing game, he's a match-up nightmare for us.

Favre 2 ankle fractures.

Just talking about it on MNF. A hairline fracture and another where the tendon has pulled a piece of the bone from the ankle.

Not talking surgery, but playing status in question this weekend.

Anybody who is hoping that Favre plays is an idiot. Yes he has bad games and makes mistakes but he can kill you just as easily.

Jackson is hopeless and if he plays the Patriots win comfortably imo. If Favre plays we can be beaten by them.

I don't get all the hate for Favre for the life of me. If you love football then you should have respect for Brett Favre because the man has shown he can do it on the big stage before against the Patriots in a superbowl.

I think its great to see the man still playing football at his age. I think he has went on a year too long as he just doesn't look as good this season but he was brilliant during the regular season last year.

But for some reason it just seems fashionable among the kids on the internet these days to hate on people. So childish. I wish you all would grow up.

You're an idiot.

You don't get the hate for Favre? Could it be that he's a self-promoting, team-wrecking, imbecilic asshat? That he stabbed a fanbase who rooted for him for years in the back? That his self-absorbed, Hamlet-wannabe act has hamstrung at least 3 franchises so far? That the ball-washing, synchophantic press that's played up his bogus he's just having fun out there he's just a gunslinger he'd just as soon be mowing his lawn oh man he's having so much fun I'm sure he doesn't want to bang Jenn Sterger butt-kissers have overlooked the fact that his quest for personal glory has bought him a pass to play like an absolute dip**** for about 10 years? That he currently plays the game like a spoiler toddler, throwing up ridiculous passes for picks over and over and over and over?

Yeah, it's great he's still playing. After all, he won a Super Bowl once, like Trent Dilfer.

If he plays a snap then technically he plays ... right?

Re: Favre 2 ankle fractures.

Sorry didn't see that.

delete

4755720003B.jpg

AsktheGoogle.jpg

Man you guys are a tough crowd.

If he plays a snap then technically he plays ... right?

I think your right, that should count.

Actually, Sorta OT. Seeing that TFB just broke the fastest to 100 wins record, is one of those the infamous KC ACL game? Technically he started that game. Stupid question I know.

Last edited:
You're an idiot.

You don't get the hate for Favre? Could it be that he's a self-promoting, team-wrecking, imbecilic asshat? That he stabbed a fanbase who rooted for him for years in the back? That his self-absorbed, Hamlet-wannabe act has hamstrung at least 3 franchises so far? That the ball-washing, synchophantic press that's played up his bogus he's just having fun out there he's just a gunslinger he'd just as soon be mowing his lawn oh man he's having so much fun I'm sure he doesn't want to bang Jenn Sterger butt-kissers have overlooked the fact that his quest for personal glory has bought him a pass to play like an absolute dip**** for about 10 years? That he currently plays the game like a spoiler toddler, throwing up ridiculous passes for picks over and over and over and over?

Yeah, it's great he's still playing. After all, he won a Super Bowl once, like Trent Dilfer.

I think you may be onto something with this..... :rocker:

You're an idiot.

:yeahthat:........:rocker:

watching the highlights of last nite's game vs GB...no way he is as hurt as it looks. he is running around the field in the 2 min drill and moving in the pocket well . Only limps when its incomplete or he goes to the sideline..

he is 100 % playing

watching the highlights of last nite's game vs GB...no way he is as hurt as it looks. he is running around the field in the 2 min drill and moving in the pocket well . Only limps when its incomplete or he goes to the sideline..

he is 100 % playing

I imagine his injury hurts, but I also think some of the limpin' around is for show.

I think your right, that should count.

Actually, Sorta OT. Seeing that TFB just broke the fastest to 100 wins record, is one of those the infamous KC ACL game? Technically he started that game. Stupid question I know.

I checked a while back and yes it counts.

I see no reason to think Jackson won't be as effective or more effective if he plays Sunday than Favre has been this year. His career numbers say he will be. Now that doesn't make Jackson good but what people seem to be missing is he would be replacing the 2010 version of Favre. Favre is the 30th rated QB in the league and the one thing everyone worse than him has in common is they have been benched. Were it not for his reputation and the fact that Favre would take a flame thrower to the locker room, they would probably be seriously considering benching him for poor performance.

The Vikings strength on offense is AP. Personally, I don't see why we would prefer Jackson running the plays as they are called and handing it to AP the majority of the time and then running play action off it. I'd much prefer to see Favre audibling out of runs to passes and chucking it up for grabs because the gunslinger needs to have fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back