PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre has a stress fracture and is in a walking boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lord Favre has a fractured ankle

He'll play. He has a career interception record to pad. :cool:

You'll see #4 out on the field. The ankle will be his excuse why they got beat this Sunday.

Career numbers of note for Jackson:

58.7 completion percentage, 21 TDs, 18 INTs, 6.7 YPA, 77.9 QB rating.

Looks like a slouch to me.

yes, but he's been able to watch Favre now for a year and a half, so he'll know what NOT to do! Also, the Vikes had a TON more offensive weapons than Tjack ever did when he started.

He'll play. He has a career interception record to pad. :cool:

Ha!

If Favre doesn't play, and the Vikes pull out a win, we blame Favre for indirectly beating us. As was pointed out recently, his annoyance of us is much more an indirect force rather than direct which leads me to believe that Favre won't play just so the Vikes have a better shot at winning.
Damn you Favre!

He will play. You can bet on that! He may not finish the game but he will start. An injured Farve still gives them a better chance of winning.

Let's hope the Pats got the stinker of the season out of the way last Sunday. They will need an A effort to win this game.

this is all just marketing propaganda. ESPN has got to have a farve story and Farve loves the attention.

I think the team will play Hard for Jackson though.
Maybe.

What a douche Favre is. First he holds out all summer keeping the Vikes out on a limb at the draft, and last night he refuses to even acknowledge the trainer when he got hurt. His ankle was broken, so he prolly made it worse going back in to throw another huge pick. And the Berman Bunch drool all over this inbred moron like he's ************!

anyone see how he was jumping and running around after the touchdown which was called back but limping when he threw incomplete or int ? yeah..he plays it up for the media...he will play for sure

Jackson is terrible. Either way, the Vikings are at a pretty large disadvantage on offense.

I cant believe it took 23 posts for someone to say this. People were actually praising Tavaris???

I would give Tavaris the benefit of the learning experience and that he is pretty athletic but to call him good or even decent would be a stretch. To me it is the unknown that is scary about him. We have no idea what mechanics and skills he has been working on and what he will do with a second chance but going by his first chance he was not good. Also the team seemingly is better since he last started.

Anybody who is hoping that Favre plays is an idiot. Yes he has bad games and makes mistakes but he can kill you just as easily.

Jackson is hopeless and if he plays the Patriots win comfortably imo. If Favre plays we can be beaten by them.

I don't get all the hate for Favre for the life of me. If you love football then you should have respect for Brett Favre because the man has shown he can do it on the big stage before against the Patriots in a superbowl.

I think its great to see the man still playing football at his age. I think he has went on a year too long as he just doesn't look as good this season but he was brilliant during the regular season last year.

But for some reason it just seems fashionable among the kids on the internet these days to hate on people. So childish. I wish you all would grow up.

I'm not going to use the word idiot, but I definitely disagree with anybody wanting Favre to play. The only reason to respect Tavaris Jackson is the fact that we've struggled against backup QB's facing us the first time. But even then I wouldn't be too scared.

The only way facing Favre would be better is if he's hobbled to the point where he is totally ineffective, and if that were the situation he wouldn't be playing.

I can see Tavaris tearing up our D to pieces for the obvious reasons. That bootleg is gonna kill us. We can't anticipate anything on defense. Tjax has a rocket arm that may be effective enough to get it to an alligator arm speedster that Moss is at this point of his career. Too many weapons and crazy lateral shiftiness at qb, rb, and slot receiver. I'm not sure how our D is gonna be up for that type of athleticism. Ninkovich is gotta be having nightmares. I hope Favre plays...but yeah this is bad news that he has the fractures in his ankle

Jackson is a horrible QB. Let's put it this way...Favre can play this game, throw 2 picks and still have us in position to win the game at the end, if not having us ahead already. Jackson can commit no turnovers and and we could very well lose by 20 soundly. He is not a leader. He cannot make quick decisions.

Bloody sock....Drama queen gunslinger....ummmm.
.......NO:bricks:

I guarantee Favre plays Sunday. Takes a lot of the hype out of Randy's return thats for sure

Wonder what RM thinks about his trade Now?

It was all a genius plan by him and BB...Moss will be back next year. BB already "gave up on the season" so he figured he could get a free third by sending moss to Minn and having moss sneak that no tag clause in there. And then just sign back with the patriots at the end of the season..Genius move.

I'm not worry about Farve or Jackson, what I worry is A Peterson..the guy is a beast... I got a feeling he'll be like R Rice in the Playoffs. I wonder what BB game plan will be...stop the run or stop the pass.

I'm not worry about Farve or Jackson, what I worry is A Peterson..the guy is a beast... I got a feeling he'll be like R Rice in the Playoffs. I wonder what BB game plan will be...stop the run or stop the pass.

Obviously if Favre does not play then its the run. Dare Jackson to throw the ball, and put pressure on him

If Favre plays I think they are going to be forced to play the pass and drop 7 or 8 guys into coverage. The Pats simply cannot match up one on one against the Vikings WRs and TEs one on one.

jeez...just wake me up when this week is over and the curtains fall on all this drama...:deadhorse:

Career numbers of note for Jackson:

58.7 completion percentage, 21 TDs, 18 INTs, 6.7 YPA, 77.9 QB rating.

Looks like a slouch to me.

Brett Favre this season: 58.1 completion percentage, 7 TDs, 10 INT, 6.7 YPA, 68.0 QB rating. He's worse.

People who think that he's still dangerous and has the skills to beat you must not have seen him play much this season. The lack of NFL TC and film study is showing, and he's no longer athletic enough to just go out there and wing it. He succeeded last season because he bought in from day one, whereas this season, by his own admission, he isn't even sure if he wants to be out there. The one good game that he had was coming off of the Vikings' bye, everything else has been absolutely terrible.

And he's doing all of this with better weapons than Jackson ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes