PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorite Pats-Jets moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it's last year when we beat them after all the Spygate B.S. I've never seen BB so happy with a regular season win.

Damn, I forgot about that one. :D

ManginiDrunk.jpg

Last edited:
The 2001 game is my favorite. Due to the big come back. However, my first trip to Foxboro before I had season tickets was the 1992 game that Scott Zolak played vs. the Jets. The Patriots had only like 1 win. I walked up to the ticket counter and had my pick of tickets. I ended up paying 10 bucks for a seat. I sat on the 40 yard line and there was more Jets fans than Pats fans around me. I had just bought a new Patriots jacket and I was getting boo'd when I took my seat. I thought to myself "this is the way it is at Patriots games?"

Scott Zolak probably played his best game as a Pat that day. Every time he made a good play, he would act like his hands were six shooters. It was pretty entertaining! The Patriots won the game(I think it was the last win of that season) (1 of 2 wins I believe) I drove home happy from my first Patriots experience.

2001 Season in The Meadowlands.NFL Films caught a Jets Fan Idiot cheering madly in the first half but Tom and The Boys fought their way back and made that guy look like a boob ! Immortalized on NFL Films as an idiot,isn't that every Jets' fan dream ?

Hmmm, I've never seen that. You know of a link somewhere of the video?

My two favorite moments involves the fans at the games...

In the late 70s, a favorite crowd activity had to do with one corner of the grandstand crowd standing up in unison, pointing to the endzone crowd, and shouting "TASTES GREAT!" ala the old Light Beer commercials; the endzone crowd would respond back, of course, with "LESS FILLING!" and this would go back and forth several rounds. But there was an exception to this routine when the Jets came to Foxboro, when the chant became "TASTES GREAT!" ... "JETS SUCK!" ... "TASTES GREAT!" ... "JETS SUCK!" ...

The other moment came, I believe, in early 2003 following a defeat of the Jets when, walking down the ramps from the upper tier, fans started chanting "J - E - T - S - SUCK! SUCK! SUCK!"

New chant, but same old sentiment. :rolleyes:

That's the Super Sunday game, but it was one of 3. The Patriots hit 50 points two more times against the Jets in that era, and I remember all the announcers saying, this is the annual Super Sunday game in Foxboro.

The 79 and 85 games are the most memorable for me. Making Gastineau and Klecko STFU!!
TWO more times? I only remember two 50+ point games vs the Jets. Perhaps you're thinking of the Baltimore Colts, we put up 50 points against them a couple of times.

2001 Season in The Meadowlands.NFL Films caught a Jets Fan Idiot cheering madly in the first half but Tom and The Boys fought their way back and made that guy look like a boob ! Immortalized on NFL Films as an idiot,isn't that every Jets' fan dream ?
I think that is the game I was thinking of. It happened maybe '03,04, we were down in the first half,the rats were playing well, the camera panned into the stands and there was one particular fan going crazy yelling and banging his fists on a Rats banner . We came back in the second half and smoked them. The camera panned to the same fan that was going crazy in the firs half and they looked like someone shot his dog. From the begining the Rats had no buisness thinking that they could beating us.

Last edited:
I think that is the game I was thinking of. It happened maybe '03,04, we were down in the first half,the rats were playing well, the camera panned into the stands and there was one particular fan going crazy yelling and banging his fists on a Rats banner . We came back in the second half and smoked them. The camera panned to the same fan that was going crazy in the firs half and they looked like someone shot his dog. From the begining the Rats had no buisness thinking that they could beating us.

was that the guy who in the dvd is saying "this is a party what a party"
he was dancing and then in the second half when we were up by 15 he was quiet and kept looking disgruntled

"************ I am young"

You sure are, there's raftloads of Jet misery for you to do your homework on and get up to speed regarding, so get cracking. Or just hang on this thread and we'll bring you up to speed.

My all time favorite game is the 1985 playoff game in their house in front of their fans, priceless.

A close second is the game in 2001 at their house, that whale with his "HAHAHAHA, what a party!" line, only to see him looking like he just got punched in the balls later on.

Terrell Buckley pics off Vinny Interceptaverde to seal the win on fourth down........

I'm partial to the 2nd matchup in 2004, the week after the Pats blew that MNF game in Miami. I knew the Pats would use that Miami loss as a springboard towards a SB39 title and the poor Jets were victim #1 in the path.

A completely focused Pats D absolutely shut down the Jets in the 1st half. The Jets had ZERO first downs and didn't get their first of the game until midway through the 3rd quarter. This was the same Jets team that was 5-0 when it came to Foxboro in a toughly fought 13-7 Pats win. The Pats were title-contenders when they first met, but pissed-off title contenders in the rematch.

Regards,
Chris

For me it is a toss up. First, the game at the Medowlands vs the Jets in 2001, the one with the Jets fan proclaiming, "what a party" during their 13-0 lead in the first half. Only to

When I saw the thread title, I came in to post this. Brady to Freddy "Boom Boom" Coleman for a 50 yard pass which set up a TD. You could tell that something special was going on after this game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft