PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorite Bruschi Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
tedy-bruschi--snow-game-12703-%C2%A9photofile.jpg

.....​

03 miami snow game. we caught it in a brooklyn bar, miami fan was completely hammered by the end trying to pick fights and talking about how new englanders had 'no class' (b/c of snowballs)

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was Rhodes, and that play really was what Tedy was all about.

That is, yes it took smarts and athleticism to know where to be, and then to get into position to make that play, but in the end it was just pure guts and determination on Tedy's part to take the ball away --- he just WANTED it more.

I didn't get my season tix until a year or two later but I used Stubhub and went to that game. It's still my favorite game of any game I've ever seen in person. The sorta-ironic thing is I only missed one play all game while using the pisser - and it was that one.:mad:

Definitely the comments after the 2004 divisional round win over Indy. Summed up everything we've wanted to say throughout that whole offseason and season perfectly.

Can't believe this offseason we have lost Rodney, Vrabel, AND Tedy. This is a completely new defense but thanks to fine management I feel they are for the most part ready to carry the torch.

I was 12 when we drafted him and 13 when he played his first game....I grew up watching him and it will be weird not seeing him on the field. I consider it an honor to have had him as a favorite player and a role model, not all the players are as great as Teddy as a player but more importantly as a role model. Thank You Teddy.

I would have to say the lasting memory is that of a winner in 13 years Bruschi was part of nine playoff seasons, won eight division championships, five conference titles and three Super Bowls. only enduring one season with a losing record.

My favorite memory that stand out most to me. the snow game vs Miami which prompted the single greatest spontaneous crowd celebration.

off the field not mentioned so far is the tackle he made on vinatieri after SB36.

FULL TILT FOREVER AWWWWWWWEEE YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!

Last edited:
During spygate's height:

How we feel about playin' for Bill Belichick?

aawwwwww yeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

This is a great thread. I love recalling some of the moments I've forgotten, there have been so many!

tedy-bruschi--snow-game-12703-%C2%A9photofile.jpg

.....​

This is definitely my favorite Bruschi Momemt...After the interception against Miami.

We'll Miss You TEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Favorite Bruschi play

Not shocked, but a little sad that Bruschi's retiring. What is your favorite Ted Brushi play? I have a lot, but the one I like best was in the playoffs against the Colts a few years ago. Dominick Rhodes caught a pass and Bruschi just ripped it out of his hands for a turnover. This was the kind of play that epitomized Bruschi's desire to win. Thank you, Teddy, for your years of service and for your heart. You will be missed.

Re: Favorite Bruschi play

I remember being at the game in Oakland the first time the Pats played the Raiders after Super Bowl XXXVI. The fans there were obviously still fuming about the tuck rule on top of their normal level of rage. It was probably the 4th quarter and a Raiders pass must have been tipped or deflected, bounced off or Bruschi's foot and popped up into his hands for a pick which he of course returned for a TD. I believe every interception he had was returned for a touchdown for awhile and I think it may have gotten up to about 7 (feel free to correct me). Anyway, that TD helped bring back the Pats closer though they still lost. It was still enjoyable to see Raider fans fall silent as they began thinking that the win was about to slip away.

I don't recall ever seeing that play on youtube though I haven't actually looked for it either.

I remember being at the game in Oakland the first time the Pats played the Raiders after Super Bowl XXXVI. The fans there were obviously still fuming about the tuck rule on top of their normal level of rage. It was probably the 4th quarter and a Raiders pass must have been tipped or deflected, bounced off or Bruschi's foot and popped up into his hands for a pick which he of course returned for a TD. I believe every interception he had was returned for a touchdown for awhile and I think it may have gotten up to about 7 (feel free to correct me). Anyway, that TD helped bring back the Pats closer though they still lost. It was still enjoyable to see Raider fans fall silent as they began thinking that the win was about to slip away.

I don't recall ever seeing that play on youtube though I haven't actually looked for it either.

I thought the streak was only 4 or 5.

Anyhow, for play it has to be when he lept out of nowhere to get the INT in the Miami game, setting off the whole "Snow Globe" celebration for the rest of the game.

I could've sworn that play was against the Lions on thanksgiving. I seem to remember him wearing a throwback on that play. Am I wrong?

Edit: I just googled it and I am wrong. That was the Oakland game. I wish I could see both that play, and the Detroit pick again. anybody know where i can find them?

Last edited:

Bruschi only had 4 career interceptions for TDs.. But it was a streak of 4 straight.. And at one point people thought it was a game that he and Vrabel were having.. Because Vrabel was in the middle of his catching passes for TDs streak...

One forgotten favorite: The sack he had of Brett Favre early on in SB31. It came during the early run the Pats made to take a 14-10 lead when it looked like the Pats would assert themselves. Great play by the rookie.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft