PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favorite Bruschi Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite all time Bruschi moment is during the NFL films segment on the 2004 Super Bowl team, after the Pittsburg regular season loss, he says "I heard after the game some of the Steelers were talking about us not being on their level" and then there is cut in from the game where that loudmouth ballbag Joey Porter is on the sideline ranting and raving "They will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, get to our level!!" to which Ted says "What level is that; what had they won up to that point, a regular season game vs us?!".............brilliant, and it explains the difference between the Patriots and the Steelers.

If the Steelers ever get to and win a Super Bowl by going through the Patriots, I'll be impressed, but until they do, they are this decades version of the 80's Redskins, aka, an afterthought compared to the Patriots/49ers................

See below.....

thats a good one I remember he used to go heels over head jumping linemen often.....and I also remember him doing it one of his first games back from the stroke and I thought to myself what a wonderful world I mean I thought to myself he's back.

First one that comes to mind - the time he just stole the ball from Dominic Rhodes's hands after a catch.

Great player. Awesome full tilt attitude. Tougher than anyone. Never any trouble on or off the field. A natural leader. No primadonna payday whining. Motivated the whole team. Came back from a devastating physical issue. Clean cut family man. Fun to be around. Great sense of humor. Intelligent and articulate in interviews. Stayed and played with one team his entire career. A true, proven champion.

They just don't make players like him anymore.

IMO, for all those reasons, one of the greatest to ever play the game.

Coming off the field against Indy in 04'. Armen Kateyen asking him some dumb question about their performance, he looked at him shook his head, held three fingers and said three points. Then he just kept on truckin.

Oakland playoff in the snow, 2nd and 2, a first down gives Oakland the win, Tedy meets the back in the hole for no gain. He made those kind of plays frequently but that one was the most important of all, giving the offense a chance to win the game.

When I heard he was retiring, I knew (like all of us, I suppose) that this thread would appear...lol

I had forgotten it was Bruschi that ripped the ball out of Rhodes' hands...that was a great one. But my favorite, like so many others, was the pick against Miami, and then that great slide into the endzone, and then the snow started flying...I never get tired of seeng that replay.

As honorable mention, I would add a play from the SB victory against the Rams, maybe second quarter, Faulk tried to run on the outside, maybe caught a short pass in the flat, I can't recall, but I do remember, Tedy came up and it was one on one, and Faulk tried to juke and Tedy didnt' bite and instead caught him cleanly, for maybe a one or two yard gain, but it sent a message...not today, Marshall.

And, of course, the "are they going to change the rules so we can't play in the snow" quote...a classic!!!

'04-'05 season vs. Buffalo - Tedy blitzes and sacks/strips Bledsoe during a late, potential game tying Buffalo drive. Seymour runs back for TD to ice the game.

499w.jpg

'nuff said!

Does anybody know if Tedy is the only player in NFL history to go to 5 superbowls with the same team?

Does anybody know if Tedy is the only player in NFL history to go to 5 superbowls with the same team?
My guess would be that some of those '70s Cowboys players went to 5, winning 2. I don't think any 49ers were on all 5 winners from '81-'94.

Regards,
Chris

It sure was weird to watch Thursday's game and not see him in it.

There's a lot of good moments to choose from.

This one I think was the best:

tedy-bruschi.jpg

I know that it was Smith with the fumble but that int. was the first memery I have of old 54, it may have been "anti-climactic" it was still damn sweet.:)
True, true...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back