Favorite Bruschi Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
On the field:

1.) Ripping the ball away from Domanic Rhodes in the AFC Division round of the 2004 season.
2.) The snow storm game, he intercepts Jay Fielder and walks it in for a TD while snow fireworks ensue.

Off the field:

1.) Playing with his kids on the field before the Super Bowl vs. the Eagles
2.) The ESPN Make a Wish segment where he gave a little Patriots fan with heart rpoblems the day of his life.

On the field ripping Edge the ball in that divisional playoff game, he was great in that game...

Off the field will always remember tedy playing with his kids before each superbowl...

Good Bye Tedy, a very sad couple days in pats land...

As long as the snowballs fly there will be Tedy moments.

I have two pictures of Tedy on my Patriots Wall above my HDTV:

1. The snow angel wings and

2. Him holding up the ball after intercepting McNabb in SB39

Interception that clinched the game against the Jags in the 96 ACF Championship game.
The interception in SB 39 are the two I will remember aways.

Interception that clinched the game against the Jags in the 96 ACF Championship game.
The interception in SB 39 are the two I will remember aways.
Are you talking about the INT that put the Pats up 20-6? Because that was O-T-I-S, and actually I think it was a recovered fumble after a reception. If you're talking about the INT after that, they were up 20-6 and I think that was anti-climactic. Not to take anything away from Teddy, he was one of my all time favorites. I have a home jersey of his with a Super Bowl Champs patch on it.

My favorite moment was his introduction at a special camp session for season ticket holders. It was my first year with the tickets. When he was announced Teddy BRUSCHI, the crowd went crazy because it sounded like brewski.

Are you talking about the INT that put the Pats up 20-6? Because that was O-T-I-S, and actually I think it was a recovered fumble after a reception. If you're talking about the INT after that, they were up 20-6 and I think that was anti-climactic. Not to take anything away from Teddy, he was one of my all time favorites. .

I know that it was Smith with the fumble but that int. was the first memery I have of old 54, it may have been "anti-climactic" it was still damn sweet.:)

Pick-six. Snow. Yeah.

Bruschi returned four straight interceptions for touchdowns (all wearing different jerseys).

2002 at Oakland (white jerseys)
2002 at Detroit (red jersey)
2003 at Philly (blue jersey)
2003 vs Miami (silver jersey)

His leading of the post game locker room celebrations..."How do we feel about another Patriots' victory? Awwwwwwwww Yeaaaaaaaaah!"

Are you talking about the INT that put the Pats up 20-6? Because that was O-T-I-S, and actually I think it was a recovered fumble after a reception. If you're talking about the INT after that, they were up 20-6 and I think that was anti-climactic. Not to take anything away from Teddy, he was one of my all time favorites. I have a home jersey of his with a Super Bowl Champs patch on it.

My favorite moment was his introduction at a special camp session for season ticket holders. It was my first year with the tickets. When he was announced Teddy BRUSCHI, the crowd went crazy because it sounded like brewski.

Wasn't that Willie Clay with the final pick?

It was his return game he standing on the field with his hand on his hip just taking it all in for moment. It brought a tear to my eye

Playfully brushing off Brady's leg after his pooch punt pinned back Miami in the blizzard game.

Tedy played with such joy and intensity. We can all take a lesson from him.

My personal favorite Bruschi moment... goes way back.. I don't remember if it was 95 or 96.. Patriots opened up against the Chargers. At the time I lived in San Diego, I was in the military. My neighbor was a big Charger fan and of course we chided and laughed it up like alpha males will when it comes to football. I remember Bruschi being everywhere on special teams and I think he might of gotten a sack that day.. but the joke was.. my buddy laughing at his name.. "What kind of a name is Bruschi?!" He hollered out. That night, I went out to his car and took twigs and spelled out Bruschi on the hood of his car for a laugh. Bruschi and Troy Brown.. these guys are Patriots through and through.. they are what this team is and hopefully will always be. They stand for the way we want to live our own lives. Tough, dedicated, hard-working, earning every thing.. they are the role models I only wish my sons were old enough to know about. I don't know how the Patriots can fill their shoes.. but in ten years from now, when I tell my boys about the Patriot way, I am going to show them video of Bruschi and Brown. So here's to you Tedy.. thanks for the memories.

Last edited:
On the field it's by far when he ripped that ball out of Edge's hands.

Off the field it's the 'how do we feel about a playoff victory! awwww yeahhhh' and him playing with his kids.

On the field it's by far when he ripped that ball out of Edge's hands.

Off the field it's the 'how do we feel about a playoff victory! awwww yeahhhh' and him playing with his kids.

Wasn't that Rhodes?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was Rhodes, and that play really was what Tedy was all about.

That is, yes it took smarts and athleticism to know where to be, and then to get into position to make that play, but in the end it was just pure guts and determination on Tedy's part to take the ball away --- he just WANTED it more.

Game. Miami interception and the resulting snow. Awesome.

Locker room. I can't remember the game - big game, playoff I think. Pats won, but Brady threw a potentially devastating intertception late. In the locker room, after the Bruschi victory gather around, the players separate. Tedy and Tom hug. Tedy says "Next time, throw it away." Awesome^2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes