PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fatso learns from his mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But seriously, how can the Jets of all people cry about it? So pathetic.

It is so embarrassing and it's just such a tone-deaf thing to do, I guess I can't be surprised Jet fans are doing it. I really cannot believe the team is *****ing about getting the score run up after all their talk. They just don't have the first clue. I would rather throw myself off a bridge than root for the Jets.

And yeah, if they hadn't totally given up by that point, they could have stopped BJGE. I never doubted for a second we'd go for it on 4th, that's been BB's philosophy forever and to me it's completely consistent and makes all the sense in the world. If the other team or idiots on the media can't understand it, well, they are just revealing their own cluelessness.

His philosophies will be changing rapidly as his hall of fame career moves on. It will get to a point where he looses all credibility.

At that time Wrecks will be fired and become a coordinator again. Jet fans will deny this to the end, but Wrecks is in the early phases of being exposed.

The entire fan base wanted him out of town last November just before they backed into the playoffs.

His tough guy talk only works when you're a good coach....and clearly he is not.

Maybe he should do something really symbolic, like bury the ball from Monday nights game.. oh wait, he did...

My sig...

I think the quote in your sig is backwards: "When you win, say little. When you lose, say less."

There was a reason the Ravens passed on him as a HC. There was a reason 30 other teams also passed. Like their father before them the colorful Ryan boys were born and raised to coordinate someone elses defense, not be the face of an entire franchise. To be successful they need to perform in the background, out of public sight, under the strong presence of an in control HC and savvy GM. They simply lack the big picture intellect and deportment to be viable HC's at this level. Rex has clearly had the most success of the two, but credit for much of that goes to the braintrust behind the Ravens (Ozzie) and the LB through whom that defense has run for over a decade regardless of who was coordinating it.

Woody keeps making the classic ownership quick fix mistake of trying to select his HC by poaching from the coaching ranks of an organizational program that was successful for many other reasons than his shiny target...and expecting to strike lightening in a bottle. Herm (who was merely a scout turned position coach with Shotsie in KC and position coach for Dungy in Tampa), Eric (who was a ball boy to position coach to one year abyssmal DC with Bill and Tom in NE) and now Rex (who was a 2nd year position coach when Billick and Lewis and Nolan but mostly and Ozzie and Ray built a ferrocious defense in Baltimore that despite all that talent hasn't won a ring in a decade including Rex 4 years as it's DC).

Try building an organization and philosophy from the top down that can grow your own coaches or try identifying a bright young mind who has made a demonstrable difference somewhere their needed to be a difference...or just hire someone who has already proved they can get the job done as a HC. Quit trying to grab stray threads off someone else's coatails...and PR spinning them into a superbowl winning formula you can feed short term to your starving fanbase and that cackle of mediots you pander to.

And FWIW Fatso will never learn from his mistakes anymore than his illustrious sire did. Them apples didn't fall far from that tree...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back