PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons and Ravens in the next two weeks..can you really see us beating both of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Falcons and Ravens in the next two weeks..can you really see us beating both of t

Are you not a "rabid BB fan"?

We have a better chance against the Falcons (their defense is mediocre at best... Delhomme threw for over 300 yards and the Carolina RBs rushed for almost 150) , but if we had to lose one of the games then it would be better to lose to them rather than the Ravens.

I'm probably more of a rabid Patriot's fan since I have followed them

for 50 years. I do acknowledge that BB is the best Patriot's coach

ever and is Hall Of Fame material.

Re: Falcons and Ravens in the next two weeks..can you really see us beating both of t

I'd take a 1-1 split.

After Buffalo and NY...i think they can beat the Falcons but only by 3 and can not win vs Ravens if we dont change something drastically.

Time for the team to show us what they are made of, I could see them being 7-1 or 6-2 when the face the Jets next. But I could also see them being 4-4... welcome to the real world, the dream land of 03, 04 and 07 is long gone.

you guys will be able to pass deep all over baltimore, and if you can stop their run, you'll be FINE

Sure I can see it; but I think we're more likely to go 0-2 than 2-0.

you guys will be able to pass deep all over baltimore
Have you seen our pass protection this year ?

:bricks:

I was listening to the pats post game on the sports hub. They were talking about this team possibly being 3-4 at the bye week. One person said it was impossible and and one said it could happen. I personally can see this team being 3-4 at the bye as they have some tough games coming up. The team that is probably the weakest is the broncos; problem is the pats have a hard time against them for whatever reason.

I know it is only game 2 of the season but after watching the past two games this team has some gaps that are not easily fixed. Pats have not put any pressure on the QB and they are weak in the LB spot.

I was not worried about the offense but I am a little now. Brady will get better but the O line has been poor at best. The receivers are not on the same page as Brady and for whatever reason they have gone away from the running game.

I though this team may end up being 13-3 but I am starting to think they will be an 11-5 team fighting to get into the post season as a wildcard.

I wish you were wrong, but you do have some valid points. As we are now, we're not beating the Falcons, the Ravens, or the Titans. We have to find ways to establish a balanced running game. We simply don't run the ball enough. I guarantee that if we could establish a credible running game, and stick with it, we could wear down opposing linebackers and make them a little more tentative when they come after Brady.

Teams aren't afraid to blitz because they know that at worst, their guys get blocked, at best they hit or sack Brady. If we start getting the O-linemen to the second level on big runs, we could kick the living crap out of opposing defenses.

id be happy if the pats split those games. their lucky both are home games.

Don't get me started on "Home Field Advantage."

Yes.

The ravens D hasn't exactly been lighting it up this year. How many points Did KC get against them?

The falcons scare me more, they are a well balanced offense that could cause some trouble with our D. That said, the Pats will win both if they play to their potential and eliminate penalties and stupid mistakes

They can beat the Falcons but it is not a sure thing like I thought it would be when I first saw the schedule. The Ravens will be tough because of their D, and the titans game will be tough as well because they are a big physical team (I am actually going to that game)

At this point I am not sure what to think of this team. I would not be surprised to see them go 3-1 the next four games nor would I be surprised to see them go 1-3 the next four games.

I hate to say this but I just don't think the pats have the players they need to be a force this season as I feel they have issues on both side of the ball.

Last edited:

Sure, in the emotion of the moment at the end of the 4th quarter today, I was down on the possibilities of the Pats winning the next couple of games. However, I think the Falcons game is very winnable and the Ravens game is winnable too. By week 4, I'm thinking we'll begin to see the rust really start to fall off.

At least I hope so, my annual Gillette pilgrimage will be for the Ravens game. :)

I'm glad the two games are in the order they are, I think we've more chance of making the necessary adjustments in one week to beat Atlanta than we would have for Baltimore. Not taking the Falcons lightly, just a style of play thing.

It might be naive on my part, but while acknowledging the team has several serious issues to which there are no quick fixes, I think it's entirely possible that we could see a significant improvement relatively quickly. I guess on the flipside things could get worse before they get better. Extremely hard and fairly pointless I guess to try and predict how a game in two weeks time might go when we're still this early in the season and things are far from settling down.

We don't win either game unless we play better. We are easily capable of winning both, however.

We don't win either game unless we play better. We are easily capable of winning both, however.

We'll win both. And reclaim our top spot in the Power Rankings.

QB12

After Buffalo and NY...i think they can beat the Falcons but only by 3 and can not win vs Ravens if we dont change something drastically.

I could easily see them losing both.....if they can't come out and execute better than they did today.....10 penalties.....??? unreal.... They need better O calling as well.....todays play calling was pathetic

I can see us winning both, and I can see us losing both.

I was listening to the pats post game on the sports hub. They were talking about this team possibly being 3-4 at the bye week. One person said it was impossible and and one said it could happen. I personally can see this team being 3-4 at the bye as they have some tough games coming up. The team that is probably the weakest is the broncos; problem is the pats have a hard time against them for whatever reason.

I know it is only game 2 of the season but after watching the past two games this team has some gaps that are not easily fixed. Pats have not put any pressure on the QB and they are weak in the LB spot.

I was not worried about the offense but I am a little now. Brady will get better but the O line has been poor at best. The receivers are not on the same page as Brady and for whatever reason they have gone away from the running game.

I though this team may end up being 13-3 but I am starting to think they will be an 11-5 team fighting to get into the post season as a wildcard.

congrats on a great post. Very realistic viewpoints......I agree that the O was not an overly major concern by me either .......just figured that the OL would struggle like they have seemed to for the past few years.......and the running game would be inconsistent......I don't think anyone foresaw this kind of start by a team with such a potent offense......but NO ONE can get in Brady's head and see what he reflexively is doing to protect that knee and the mental trauma that is going on with him......may take him a year+ to get back to his normal self.......

Based on what (little) they've shown the last 2 weeks, I can't see us beating either of them.

Some of you folks are in for a very, very rude awakening.

One game at a time. Next game is against the Falcons. Looking past that game is futile.

Every week is different, we should all know that by now. I do expect them to play better next week.

We played a good jets team in NY, a team that hammered Houston the week before. And by the way, that same Houston team went into Tennessee and beat the titans today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case