PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons and Ravens in the next two weeks..can you really see us beating both of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Falcons and Ravens in the next two weeks..can you really see us beating both of t

Based on what (little) they've shown the last 2 weeks, I can't see us beating either of them.

Some of you folks are in for a very, very rude awakening.

Beside those last two drives against the bills this offensive has not shown much. You guys ever have that dream where someone is chasing you and you cannot run away? That is what it was like watching this offensive today. It was maddening watching this team get into the red zone 3 times and not walk away with 6.

I have no idea what to expect at this point from this team. The offensive is just seems to be broken down on the side of the road and the defense seems to be hanging on by a thread. I can see this defense giving up 30+ points next week.

Re: Falcons and Ravens in the next two weeks..can you really see us beating both of t

i think both game will be hard to win and so will every game they play this year

i know every one is high on the ravens but i think ATL is a better team

Rivers passed for 436 yerds on the ravens today

i still dont think that san diego has a better QB or better WR then the pats do so if they get there act together they can put points on them

the falcons are a lot more scary on O they have Gonzalez a HOF... TE who so far is haveing a great year and Turner a great RB who can catch and we all know the pats are bad at covering RB and TE

Did everyone watch the same games I watched? The Bills gift-wrapped us a win by playing "not to lose" and choking at the end. The Jets, I'm not impressed with, totally dominated us on both sides of the ball and made Brady look like Ryan Leaf. Even if we step up our game, a split between these two games will be a success in my book.

The Falcons have a quarterback ten times better than Dirty Sanchez (who I'm still not sold on), a great running back and tight end. If the offense steps up, and that's a big if, we'll be lucky to escape in a shootout.

The Ravens are suddenly looking like the 07 Patriots...a great offense and a defense that does just enough to win and not screw it up.

I hope I'm wrong and can eat my words, but 1-3 is looking like a real possibility, and 2-2 will be a Godsend.

And that isn't "jumping ship," that's simply being realistic.

Last edited:

im down on this team and i love matt ryan and i think the ravens are good but i dont see how this team loses either game... 3-1 or nothing, really

The Chicago Bears beat the world champions today. ATL and Balt are going to be tough games but both are winnable. If we play like today, probably not.

We couldn't handle the copy of the BALT defense. I don't expect that we are ready for the real thing. Perhaps we will be in a couple of weeks.

And just a couple of days ago I was flamed for suggesting that I didn't expect to see us favored over BALT.

Last edited:

its funny...the last time we played atlanta, we had an equally crushing loss at home to the chargers...

Well, Baltimore did give up plenty of points to the Chiefs. We haven't seen them shut anyone down yet. Rather, they've had to sling the rock around the field to win their games.

We HANDLED SANCHEZ!!!!! GAHH!!! Can anyone just admit Brady played awful and it was the OFFENSE's fault!:mad:

sorry, very frustrated people blame the defense.

I hear ya, today it was the offense and the offense alone that let us down.

I'll be the first to tell you that this defense is full of holes, but it didn't play like it today. In fact, the defense made some GREAT STOPS on the Jet's last two drives to get off the field and give the offense a chance to win it.

You have to expect a Brady-led offense to get a win when the defense gives up only 16 pionts.

I hate to say it, but I see both the Falcons and Ravens ending in losses.

Have you seen our pass protection this year ?

:bricks:
it ain't as bad as ours haha

We couldn't handle the copy of the BALT defense. I don't expect that we are ready for the real thing. Perhaps we will be in a couple of weeks.

And just a couple of days ago I was flamed for suggesting that I didn't expect to see us favored over BALT.

I picked Baltimore as one of our losses in the "predict the record" thread, but I honestly don't see it that way anymore. Maybe you haven't caught either of the Baltimore games, but their defense isn't what it used to be. Rivers TORCHED them today and if he had help from the RBs (L.T. was out and Sproles can't handle a full load), they would have beaten Baltimore in a high scoring contest. I think the Jets are a lot more of the "real thing" than Baltimore currently is.

The rapport that Ryan already has with Tony Gonzalez worries me a little. We seem to have issues with covering tight ends with good hands, and Gonzo has arguably the best hands of any tight end ever.

Baltimore was shredded by Rivers, so I'm not convinced that they are all that. San Diego had some goofy play-calling at the end, I thought.

The rapport that Ryan already has with Tony Gonzalez worries me a little. We seem to have issues with covering tight ends with good hands, and Gonzo has arguably the best hands of any tight end ever.

Baltimore was shredded by Rivers, so I'm not convinced that they are all that. San Diego had some goofy play-calling at the end, I thought.

Yeah, I was confused by the as well. What was with Rivers just scrambling out of the pocket and throwing the ball into the ground immediately in front of an open man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back