PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Facts about Manny Ramirez

You're joking, right? Maybe they don't control the media, but they sure have a ton of influence with all the major Boston tv and radio media outlets, that is pretty clear.
this from the clown who thinks he can coach in the nba because he goes to a lot of games lmao. i love how willing you are to make a fool of yourself. your also the nut who thinks the umpires squeeze dicek because hes Japanese. lol lol

The smears are no different, if you read my post I said it was yet another typical smear campaign by Boston media, which its moronic sheeple fanbase just eat up and believe word for word.

As for the person who wrote something above this post, talking to trailer trash townies with one brain cell is a waste of my time.

Right now we could use Manny Ramirez behind Ortiz because Ortiz is stinking up the joint.This club is in trouble.

The smears are no different, if you read my post I said it was yet another typical smear campaign by Boston media, which its moronic sheeple fanbase just eat up and believe word for word.
I did read your post, and you said that the smearing was from the Red Sox via the media. That is completely baseless.

As you said, the smearing of Manny is a typical Boston media smear campaign. Right or wrong, thats what the media does to a lot of players, and not just Red Sox players. There is no reason to believe that the Red Sox had anything to do with the smearing of him, and suggesting otherwise is just a conspiracy theory.

I've been saying Papi is all done for the last 2 months. He is not 1/2 the man he used to be. I think it's cuz he's off the juice. Period. Speaking of which, anyone notice Lester's fastball is now clocking 97mph when it was always 92-93 tops. Methinks his post-cancer treatment may involve some special "supplements" which seem to be enhancing his velocity. And please don't hate on me cuz I love the kid.

Dont give me the damn juice.The guy is coming off the wrist surgery so its not easy and he had Ramirez hitting behind him which was very favorable for him.

As for the person who wrote something above this post, talking to trailer trash townies with one brain cell is a waste of my time.

Those media people, first they smear W, now its Manny.

You mean he didn't tank games with the exception of the games he tanked.

You actually think he had a real leg injury?

... and I think you might be insulting the developmentally disabled by lumping Manny in with them. He's responsible for his own actions - not his agent.

Finally, we've heard MANY media sources note that it was his fellow players who finally tipped the balance, pushing for Manny to be let go.

There's simply too many stories out there to have ALL been fabricated by the media.

Nope - Manny made his bed - he has to lie in it. Unfortunately I think there's a lot of GMs desparate enough to give him what he wants, even though they know full well that any chain of events could create a situation where Manny changes his personality once again.

They'll take the risk and hope he wins them more games than he loses for them.

I've been saying Papi is all done for the last 2 months. He is not 1/2 the man he used to be. I think it's cuz he's off the juice. Period. Speaking of which, anyone notice Lester's fastball is now clocking 97mph when it was always 92-93 tops. Methinks his post-cancer treatment may involve some special "supplements" which seem to be enhancing his velocity. And please don't hate on me cuz I love the kid.
you also said the sox would lose to the angels.:rolleyes:

Those media people, first they smear W, now its Manny.

Not even close to the same thing.

First of all, I too think Manny forced his way out of town and deserved to be traded, due to his actions weeks. But I recognize that he is a simpleton prodigy, like Rainman or Forrest Gump, who basically did whatever his agent told him to do. Do you really think Manny was sitting around plotting how to get out of Boston and alienate himself from the fans?

The biggest angle in all this, which I am trying to point out, is nearly ALL the tv and print and radio media has been railing on Manny, without even mentioning that is agent is freaking SCOTT BORAS. Why has all the blame been on Manny and not on his agent for orchestrating the whole thing? Do people not realize that Boras would earn nothing without getting Manny out of Boston and in a new contract in order to earn his commission? And by the way, look up Manny's stats the month he was traded, he was on fire for the Sox, he did not try to lose.

The media hack job of Manny reminds me of how everyone hated on Nomar before he was traded. The guy was one of the hardest working blue-collar players the Sox ever had, and Sox nation turned on him with all the media demonization of him.

Only sheeple trailer trash, who unfortunately make up a huge part of Sox nation, buy into the media garbage whenever the media wants to demonize someone. In a lot of ways it's similar to smearing that goes on in politics, and it is equally as effective.

Last edited:
It's kindof funny how one of the facts they missed was how Manny refused to play with a fake injury (and then was insulted that the Sox didn't believe him).

Or how many times he failed to give 100%, running out fly balls

TONS of players in MLB don't hustle after every hit or go all out on defense. Manny's fake leg injury deservedly got him shipped out, but why is there no talk about Scott Boras being the conniving agent manipulating him and pulling the strings?

Manny had to go but why demonize him even now still. It's like how the Nomar sitting in the dugout during the Yankees game was the nail in the coffin for him, but it's really amazing how fast the entire Sox nation will turn on a player so long as the media starts the demonizing campaign on him.

TONS of players in MLB don't hustle after every hit or go all out on defense. Manny's fake leg injury deservedly got him shipped out, but why is there no talk about Scott Boras being the conniving agent manipulating him and pulling the strings?

Manny had to go but why demonize him even now still. It's like how the Nomar sitting in the dugout during the Yankees game was the nail in the coffin for him, but it's really amazing how fast the entire Sox nation will turn on a player so long as the media starts the demonizing campaign on him.

Big Papi lolligags as much as anybody down the line and nobody has ever said a word about it. Even yesterday it took him about 7 seconds to reach 1st base. Why don't we read snide snippets in the Globe, why don't we hear other rumors and scuttlebut about Papi in the Boston press?

Because papi is on an affordable deal, and he's not in a contract year.

If papi were in a contract year, or having contract friction with the front office, they would be smearing him in all of their favorite ways, with all of the usual suspects. That's how they roll.

Last edited:
First of all, I too think Manny forced his way out of town and deserved to be traded, due to his actions weeks. But I recognize that he is a simpleton prodigy, like Rainman or Forrest Gump, who basically did whatever his agent told him to do. Do you really think Manny was sitting around plotting how to get out of Boston and alienate himself from the fans?

The biggest angle in all this, which I am trying to point out, is nearly ALL the tv and print and radio media has been railing on Manny, without even mentioning that is agent is freaking SCOTT BORAS. Why has all the blame been on Manny and not on his agent for orchestrating the whole thing? Do people not realize that Boras would earn nothing without getting Manny out of Boston and in a new contract in order to earn his commission? And by the way, look up Manny's stats the month he was traded, he was on fire for the Sox, he did not try to lose.

You're acknowledging that Manny faked and injury, and acknowledging that his actions were bad enough where his getting shipped out of town was deserved, but you don't think people should be upset about it? Why shouldn't fans demonize someone who purposely did things to assure he got traded? Every Red Sox fan appreciates, respects and loves what Manny did for this franchise, but that doesn't mean he should get a free pass for purposely forcing his way out of town.

And yes, Boras may have orchestrated it, but you don't think Manny wanted him to do so? Why would Manny have hired Boras if not because he wanted a bigger contract in the offseason? Boras was doing the job that Manny hired him to do.

Big Papi lolligags as much as anybody down the line and nobody has ever said a word about it. Even yesterday it took him about 7 seconds to reach 1st base. Why don't we read snide snippets in the Globe, why don't we hear other rumors and scuttlebut about Papi in the Boston press?

Because papi is on an affordable deal, and he's not in a contract year.

If papi were in a contract year, or having contract friction with the front office, they would be smearing him in all of their favorite ways, with all of the usual suspects. That's how they roll.

Bingo, we have bingo.

The Boston media has hated Manny ever since he's been here because of his big contract. Never mind the fact that he's the best right handed hitter of our generation. I think there is also a racial aspect to this as well. JD Drew and Veritek and others are hugely overpaid but there aren't any negative articles about them.

Look at how the media turns on any star when they are about to leave. Those who don't think the Sox manipulate the Boston media, are crazy.

Bingo, we have bingo.

The Boston media has hated Manny ever since he's been here because of his big contract. Never mind the fact that he's the best right handed hitter of our generation. I think there is also a racial aspect to this as well. JD Drew and Veritek and others are hugely overpaid but there aren't any negative articles about them.

Look at how the media turns on any star when they are about to leave. Those who don't think the Sox manipulate the Boston media, are crazy.

Bottom line: When a healthy player does not play because his panties are twisted, he deserves being bashed by the media, end of story.

Bingo, we have bingo.

About the only vestige of original NE that remains is the concept of Puritan work ethic as a chief virtue. Meanwhile almost all the other moral tenets of Puritanism have been cast aside and mocked. That is why Boston scribes always make such a stink of moral outrage at a player not sprinting to first base...The influx of Latino immigrants have ruffled some feathers among the previous immigration groups into the city, as seems to be an unfortunate but normal consequence of successive waves of immigration. Manny Ramirez represents to some of these people the absurd "lazy urban latino" stereotype, and they enjoy whipping the natives up to distraction against him, because they know what sells newspapers and copy to old timers.

To protect themselves against accusations of racism, which were bubbling under the surface, they held up Big Papi as the polar opposite, the incarnation of all that is virtuous in baseball. They use Papi to allow themselves to attack Manny with impunity.

So Manny is evil, Manny is the epitome of all baseball modern sins. Hide the children. Total hypocrisy. I love this team and have for 30 years, but this anti Ramirez propaganda is totally transparent.

Manny is an all time great, has an outside shot to break Hank Aaron's RBI record.

Manny, Ted Williams, Jimmy Foxx and Babe Ruth are the only players with 500+ home runs and a .310+ career batting average. Manny is the only one who had his best seasons after integration.

The only players in baseball history with 500 homers, 500 doubles and a .300+ average are Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams and Manny Ramirez.

Manny was the centerpiece of a lineup that won 2 WS for a previously star crossed franchise.

Manny should have been signed to finish his career in Boston, and not jerked around by a front office on an undeserved ego trip. Trying to string him along with option years was foolhardy and ridiculous.

This was a financial decision above all else, disguised by management hypocrites as a "moral" decision, because they felt it would be easier for the masses to accept Manny's departure in that form.

I never count the Red Sox out, and they may well come back and win the WS, though the odds are once again stacked against them. I do get the uncomfortable sense this season marks the end of a golden era in Red Sox history. It will never be better than 2003-2007. Ever.

Having endured the bitterness of previous Red Sox heartbreaks, there is nothing any management toady or press minion can say that can tarnish Manny's contributions to our titles. That is his legacy, not this bull$hi#.

Last edited:
Can anyone show me a single article, quote, or anything from anyone in the Boston media that says Manny was not a great hitter, or that he was not a vital part of the team over the past 8 years? What is the point in arguing how great a hitter was when there is no opposing opinion for that argument?

And as maverick4 mentioned, Manny faked an injury. Manny's actions shipped him out of town. THAT is why the relationship soured on Manny. Not because he failed to run out grounders. The fact he didn't sprint down to first is a small part of the greater picture, and a part that most people couldn't care less about.

Last edited:
Being a lifelong Red Sox fan, I agree with 99.999999% of what you said, accept these two points;

"Manny should have been signed to finish his career in Boston, and not jerked around by a front office on an undeserved ego trip. Trying to string him along with option years was foolhardy and ridiculous."

There were still two years left on the contract, both with a club option at 20 million per year. In todays market, that it not difficult to swallow, but Manny's buffoonery and his antics had become so. Had he kept his mouth shut and performed, chances are pretty good he'd have had the option picked up the last two years, maybe even next year then a brand new three year deal, but that we'll never know.

Plus, Boras put it in Manny's head he was being screwed by the Red Sox when in fact all it was was a case of that piece of garbage not making .02 cents on Manny's current contract, nothing more, nothing less.

The combination of his antics and what was percieved as a decline in his skills (which after the trade has proven to be false as the guy has been on fire; had he not pulled all the sh!t he did, he'd still be here, be on fire and we would have won the division, not the doofin rays.) resulted in the trade.

"I never count the Red Sox out, and they may well come back and win the WS, though the odds are once again stacked against them. I do get the uncomfortable sense this season marks the end of a golden era in Red Sox history. It will never be better than 2003-2007. Ever."

I won't count them out either, especially with Kasmir going tomorrow night, and he sucks.

Not sure about things never being better than 2003-2007, although 2 WS titles in 4 years (should have been 3 out of 4 had Grady Little not sh!t his pants in game 7 of the 2003 ALCS) will be tough to match. The Rays are going to be good for a long, long time, and we know the Yankees will reload and the Blue Jays are always tough vs us, so we'll see how things play out, but this ownership and management has proven they are willing to spend money to bring a winner here.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back