PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Explosive New Hernandez Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
FBTW, is it even illegal to destroy your own stuff? I mean, it makes him look very guilty of something but is it illegal? He bought/maintained his phone and surveillance system, he has every right in the world to destroy it...

No he doesn't, not once he knows or (I believe) reasonably should know that they are relevant to an ongoing investigation.

If they're going to make an arrest already, Fridays are usually the day. So we'll see. At least there's only an obstruction charge mentioned and not murder. Still, if even the obstruction charge is true, I don't think he'll ever play for the Pats again.

One guess is that the obstruction charge is motivation for him to cut a deal convicting the shooter. IF the obstruction charge can be proven in court, he'll do years in prison since its a serious felony. Unless somehow he cuts a sentence mitigation deal that points to another as the shooter. Of course that assumes he wasn't the shooter.
(Helpful Tip for the 20 Somethings Here: If a Patriot player asks for your help covering up a murder, don't agree to it)

No he doesn't, not once he knows or (I believe) reasonably should know that they are relevant to an ongoing investigation.

That's the thing, wouldn't the time frame in which this stuff was destroyed come into play? I am no law expert, but honestly think any destruction of property occurred prior to any search warrant and more importantly, any search of his property...it would be defensible.

AP NFL‏@AP_NFL2m
.@nflcommish Roger Goodell watching developments with Aaron Hernandez case AP News: Goodell watching developments with Hernandez case #nfl #patriots

independence-day-ship.jpg

start with waving bye bye to the remainder of his 40 million dollar contract.

It's quite likely that Kraft Inc was smart enough to have a felony or some such clause in the player's contract. Even if bonus $ is unrecoverable in that instance, it could free that amortized $ from cap hit.

As much of story as this is, this thread still does not have as many posts as the one about our new third string quarterback. Amazing, isn't it? :bricks::bricks:

Wasn't Dennard convicted of a felon too? Stallworth killed a guy DUI. Still holding out a slimmer of hope...

Even if he pleads out like Ray and never serves a day, he will most likely be suspended by Roger and the Patriots will dump him. I have no hope that this will go away in a manner that will allow him to play for the Patriots again.

As much of story as this is, this thread still does not have as many posts as the one about our new third string quarterback. Amazing, isn't it? :bricks::bricks:

Unlike that thread this one has been broken out into several smaller ones and over a much shorter time period. The only reason that one is even going on is because SOMEpeople *AHEM* are obsessed with the guy.

Wasn't Dennard convicted of a felon too? Stallworth killed a guy DUI. Still holding out a slimmer of hope...

There's a difference between a felony assault on an officer, DUI manslaughter, and what is alleged in this case. Based on some of the facts that have been leaked, he's facing Obstruction of Justice, and possibly Accessory to Murder. Worse case scenario is first degree murder.

This is looking worse by the minute, but there's still a lot we don't know. And the revelation that Lloyd was killed where he was found, and that the car was found nearby tells me there are players involved that we don't know yet. Drug deal gone awry still makes the most sense.

It's quite likely that Kraft Inc was smart enough to have a felony or some such clause in the player's contract. Even if bonus $ is unrecoverable in that instance, it could free that amortized $ from cap hit.

There's a forfeitable breach clause in the CBA, as well as language in his contract that protects the team. It sounds like they may suspend him, and Hernandez may have to pay back his signing bonus, and the team can recoup his salary cap number, assuming he is found guilty.

in ray lewis case, it was obstruction w/ 1 year of probation. even if hernandez only ends up with that, he is probably suspended for the year.

so i read dallas clark is still available, i think it's worth kicking the tires on him as he (hopefully still) is a good receiving TE

This is looking worse by the minute, but there's still a lot we don't know. And the revelation that Lloyd was killed where he was found, and that the car was found nearby tells me there are players involved that we don't know yet. Drug deal gone awry still makes the most sense.

Yeah, it sounds like first degree murder (premeditated).

Didn't the falcons get back some of the Vick bonus money.

Theres your precedent in my opinion.

I'm holding judgement for now except for the obstruction of justice which seems painfully obvious. Whomever was in that other car was waiting for the guy for some reason. Still think a big question is where is the girlfriend of the deceased ... at one point they said they cannot find her. Also ... cannot rule out this guy was trying to frame Hernandez and it was a contract kill. Hernandez knows enough to help the police ... so maybe by arresting him they will get him to talk - oldest move in the book.

Didn't the falcons get back some of the Vick bonus money.

Theres your precedent in my opinion.

Yes, the Falcons did get money back. And yes, the Pats have a morals clause with Hernandez and can get the signing bonus back. That is the only new money paid out under the extension. So they can basically void the extension all together with Hernandez violating the morals clause.

I think they get the cap money back too, but I am not 100% sure.

Even if he pleads out like Ray and never serves a day, he will most likely be suspended by Roger and the Patriots will dump him. I have no hope that this will go away in a manner that will allow him to play for the Patriots again.

The difference between this and the Stallworth/Dennard cases is huge. In Hernandez' case, this seemingly represents the culmination of a pattern of behavior that has plagued the young man, and an inability to shake some of ties to his past.

By several accounts, teams in their draft work became aware he had run with drug dealers and gang members in the past. To continue to invest in him at this point would be horribly naive. Even best case if he avoids real legal/criminal repercussions, he gets suspended. Sadly, I think the Patriots are better off trying to get the signing bonus $$ back - Mike Loyko claims they were protected against off-field issues in the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back