PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Explosive New Hernandez Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isnt Hernadez'z lawyer out there disputing these so called LIES?

His lawyer brought the smashed cell phone to authorities.

No. He gave them the cell phone in pieces. Guess what. I can take my cell phone apart by removing the memory card, sim card, battery, and leaving off the 2 different covers and my cell phone is in pieces.. It's people like yourself who are making the jump to the cell phone being smashed even though that isn't what was reported.

I don't agree about Lewis or AHern...I am of the belief that it is a privileged to play in the NFL and should not be taken lightly.
Its a job.
Just the fact that he is involved in the death of a 27 year old man in any way at all is enough for me to wash my hands of him. I can not, in good consciousness, root for thugs that are involved with a Murder, whether they pulled the trigger themselves or not...he was more than likely involved, Directly.

Totally your right but others have the right to feel differently and that does not make them wrong.

I feel the same. Just thinking that someone on our team can be involved in killing a man and then trying to cover it up is too much.

Then he acts like he did nothing, tweeting the next morning and showing up to the stadium for who knows what. It's bad vibes.

Sucks, cause I really liked the guy. One of my favorites of the younger players. He was the first Nike jersey I bought. Maybe I'll have to get me a No. 5 jersey to atone. ;)

If you're thinking of committing a crime, wear the jersey. Nobody will believe Hernandez's denials.

Not sure of CBA rules, but the pats need to cut and run.......recoup bonus money, and send his arse packing.......I don't care what this means to the pats as a team.....

I knew the pats should have drafted Jordan reed

Do you mean like the reports that Hernandez was cooperating with police when he wasnt? I suppose Hernandez gained nothing from that. correct, he gained nothing

Funny how other Attorneys are out in the media issuing statements when their high profile clients are being vilified in the media. depends on the case

Face the facts. Hernandez is going to Walpole. maybe, maybe not

Do you mean like the reports that Hernandez was cooperating with police when he wasnt? I suppose Hernandez gained nothing from that.

Funny how other Attorneys are out in the media issuing statements when their high profile clients are being vilified in the media.

Face the facts. Hernandez is going to Walpole.

Actually, the initial reports said he wasn't cooperating. Some of the reports yesterday said he was.

Face facts. You are clueless as to what is going to happen and you are jumping to conclusions.

This is looking worse by the minute, but there's still a lot we don't know. And the revelation that Lloyd was killed where he was found, and that the car was found nearby tells me there are players involved that we don't know yet. Drug deal gone awry still makes the most sense.

Pretty much. A lot of reports that have come out in the last few days have been proven to be false, so it's too early to have any conviction about them. That said, if it is obstruction of justice, it sounds like he would have been covering up for a friend ala Ray Lewis. I'm sure the team will wait until the full details are in play then, if the report has weight to it, will release Hernandez. But I hope the team does it's due diligence first.

There's a forfeitable breach clause in the CBA, as well as language in his contract that protects the team. It sounds like they may suspend him, and Hernandez may have to pay back his signing bonus, and the team can recoup his salary cap number, assuming he is found guilty.

Edboc:

As I've pointed out hundreds of posts ago, the forfeitable breach clause is not a standard component of the player contract.

That section of the CBA is full of "may"s, not "shall"s.

So the question is whether or not the Patriots felt they could trust him to the point that they didn't need such a clause.

In any case, although he did have $12M in signing bonus, most of the rest of the contract is salary which would disappear if the Pats cut ties. The only big blow is a $7M dead money hit next year.

I see no reason to rush to judgment. In highly publicized cases like this while when it looks bad, it usually is, there are many details that turn out to be inaccurate and other that are not reported.
I don't understand why we need to draw a conclusion today. The process will play out and ultimately we will know exactly what really happened, good, bad and/or ugly.

There is an arrest warrant out now for obstruction of justice in a murder trial. That is not a conclusion but a fact. If he is found innocent then he can take up football again after this is resolved. If he did just this, I never want to see him again.

start with waving bye bye to the remainder of his 40 million dollar contract.

Not unless there is a specific clause in his contract regarding good conduct such as Pacman Jones had in Dallas and with Cinncinnati.

I have to agree with I read on twitter yesterday. If Aaron didn't do it, then he is doing absolutely every single thing he could possibly do wrong.
Thats hard to say. We do not know what happened.
He has shut up, and hired attorneys which is actually smart.

All the evidence points to him right now, his car near the body, him seen with the victim, and the nail in the coffin is his refusal to cooperate, and the destruction of potential evidence.
You can't really analyze 'all the evidence' if you don't have all the evidence.

The whole "Snitches get stitches" mentality is going to cost him tens of millions of dollars, and his career. Obstruction to this degree is going to put him in prison for a few years at a minimum.
At this point what we know makes him being the murderer as likely as him not ratting out his friends.

The dude just really ****ed himself over from the start of this whole incident to the point where, the only reason someone would dig themselves into such a hole, is because they killed a person, and the hole for that is much deeper.
I can think of many different scenarios for the way he has acted. Time will tell.

Even if he pleads out like Ray and never serves a day, he will most likely be suspended by Roger and the Patriots will dump him. I have no hope that this will go away in a manner that will allow him to play for the Patriots again.

You mean like the Patriots dumped Nick Kaczur made a deal to help take down the guy who was dealing him illegal painkillers???

Pretty much. A lot of reports that have come out in the last few days have been proven to be false, so it's too early to have any conviction about them. That said, if it is obstruction of justice, it sounds like he would have been covering up for a friend ala Ray Lewis. I'm sure the team will wait until the full details are in play then, if the report has weight to it, will release Hernandez. But I hope the team does it's due diligence first.

If they didn't Julian Edelman and Alfonzo Dennard wouldn't be Patriots today.

And, honestly, if all he did was obstruction, I'm not convinced the Patriots will cut him. If he's actually charged with being involved in the death first-hand, though, all bets are off.

I see no reason to rush to judgment. In highly publicized cases like this while when it looks bad, it usually is, there are many details that turn out to be inaccurate and other that are not reported.
I don't understand why we need to draw a conclusion today. The process will play out and ultimately we will know exactly what really happened, good, bad and/or ugly.

Prudent advice

The reality is if someone decided to execute someone....they tend not to do it by the house and leave the car there.

The real mystery here is where exactly is this girlfriend/aunt?

If people were involved in something bad, the tendency is to go to who can help. If money is the problem, Hernandez would be logical.

I don't agree about Lewis or AHern...I am of the belief that it is a privileged to play in the NFL and should not be taken lightly. Just the fact that he is involved in the death of a 27 year old man in any way at all is enough for me to wash my hands of him. I can not, in good consciousness, root for thugs that are involved with a Murder, whether they pulled the trigger themselves or not...he was more than likely involved, Directly.

That's so true. The Patriots front office and coaches put their trust in this guy and he screws it all up. Looks like he's also screwing it up for any teammates looking for extensions.

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 2m

Have heard from two Patriots teammates who said, in their opinion, Hernandez got more brazen after contract extension.

No. He gave them the cell phone in pieces. Guess what. I can take my cell phone apart by removing the memory card, sim card, battery, and leaving off the 2 different covers and my cell phone is in pieces.. It's people like yourself who are making the jump to the cell phone being smashed even though that isn't what was reported.

Actually, it has been reported by multiple media outlets that he "intentionally destroyed" both his camera equipment and his phone, we aren't "making a jump" at all, you are just being naive IMO

Its a job.

Totally your right but others have the right to feel differently and that does not make them wrong.

Anyone can feel differently, it is their right, but I as a season ticket holder have my own thought process and if he is guilty of anything to do with this young mans death, he should not play in the NFL again. Its just my opinion and I don't think I am wrong for having it.

Also, keep in mind, I am only going off of what is currently being reported, most of which may be lies, or at least exaggerations of the truth. He potentially could have had nothing to do with anything bad at all, and like I said in another thread, we don't know if he was the one who destroyed his camera equipment and cell phone, for all we know, it could have been one of his buddies, but the fact is that we don't know what we don't know so I am simply taking things at face value at this point

Face value right now makes him look guilty as sin of covering up a murder...which IMO should get him banned from the NFL for life.

Also, Goodel wasn't in charge when the Ray Lewis thing went down, it was Tagliabue(sp?) I think, and he wasn't an enforcer like RG is...I expect that no matter what happens, AHern is suspended for at least the season and fined heavily...

So far only obstruction, but I read that can still change. There is no time limit on charging for murder.

Police haven't said anything on the record. We'll know soon enough about suspects, or if one of Hernandez's buddies is already charged in the murder, or if someone else is. Pretty sure Hernandez isn't in the clear on the murder charge yet.

Ray Lewis was charged with two counts of murder, later changed to obstruction in exchange for testimony. He didn't serve jail time, but he was fined $250,000. I don't think he was suspended, but that was before Goodell cracked the whip. PacMan was suspended for his involvement in a shooting, this is a murder. I would not be surprised if we are looking at a multi-year, if not lifetime, suspension.

In most states, obstruction of justice is actually a misdemeanor. So he will get arrested for it, but very likely won't serve time for it. The fine will basically be a traffic ticket for him.

However, if that obstruction turns out he was destroying evidence, it could easily become accessory to murder after the fact, accessory, as well as another charge for destroying evidence.

Ray Lewis was able to salvage his career and live happily ever after. If obstruction is all they hit Hernandez with, I don't see why the same won't happen for him. All depends on how well Hernandez did in destroying evidence, IF that is what he was indeed doing. (Which most believe he did do, but it comes down to how much that can be proven in court.)

You mean like the Patriots dumped Nick Kaczur made a deal to help take down the guy who was dealing him illegal painkillers???

Snark aside, for those who don't remember, that happened in 2008, and Kaczur wasn't released until the 2011 offseason (after missing most of 2010 with injuries).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST