PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Explosive New Hernandez Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is true he destroyed evidence in a murder case, he is a very bad person in my view, even if wasn't involved and was just trying to protect someone else. Facts are still being developed, but at present that seems like the best case scenario. If that is all there is, it's a serious felony and, well, screw him. I don't have an opinion on the "NFL is a privilege" issue, but I sure as hell do have an opinion about the Patriots and, if true, I don't ever want to see him in the jersey again.

And, though it's speculation it's educated speculation and, as I posted two days ago, I think it's going to turn out far worse and he has serious trouble and may well have had a significant role in the worst crime there is.

There is an arrest warrant out now for obstruction of justice in a murder trial. That is not a conclusion but a fact. If he is found innocent then he can take up football again after this is resolved. If he did just this, I never want to see him again.

As I said there is no reason to rush to judgment.
For example, I am not going to hang the guy if he was at the scene, not involved in committing the crime, and got scared and made poor decisions that he ultimately atones for.
Of course he may also be the murdered, so my point is that with hundreds of hypothetical scenarios here, why the need to pass judgment without all the facts?

So far only obstruction, but I read that can still change. There is no time limit on charging for murder.

Police haven't said anything on the record. We'll know soon enough about suspects, or if one of Hernandez's buddies is already charged in the murder, or if someone else is. Pretty sure Hernandez isn't in the clear on the murder charge yet.

Ray Lewis was charged with two counts of murder, later changed to obstruction in exchange for testimony. He didn't serve jail time, but he was fined $250,000. I don't think he was suspended, but that was before Goodell cracked the whip. PacMan was suspended for his involvement in a shooting, this is a murder. I would not be surprised if we are looking at a multi-year, if not lifetime, suspension.

The thing about this is that Goodell (rightly) is going to come down hard on AH. The infuriating thing is that Goodell and ray-ray was having a man crush bear hug before a playoff game even though ray-ray "stained the shield" and would have been suspended if goodell was in charge at the time of the lewis incident.

Also, Goodel wasn't in charge when the Ray Lewis thing went down, it was Tagliabue(sp?) I think, and he wasn't an enforcer like RG is...I expect that no matter what happens, AHern is suspended for at least the season and fined heavily...

IIRC the by-laws say they can't do both: you can't fine a player to the point that they have a negative salary.

There is an arrest warrant out now for obstruction of justice in a murder trial. That is not a conclusion but a fact. If he is found innocent then he can take up football again after this is resolved. If he did just this, I never want to see him again.

Especially with all this new stuff coming out about what a bad dude he was, like I said earlier, getting drafted by his hometown team was probably the worst thing to happen to him. Maybe if he was in Seattle, he'd be more of a team-first guy.

Within days of draft, Hernandez threatened Welker
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 21, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT

Stories continue to accumulate about the signs in Aaron Hernandez’s background, stories that paint a more complete if complicated picture about his character.

And according to the Boston Globe, he flashed a temper and made threats to one of the Patriots’ respected veterans within days of arriving for work.

In an anecdote near the bottom of a longer report, it was mentioned that Hernandez was at the team facility trying to watch film, when he grew frustrated at not being able to operate the equipment. Wide receiver Wes Welker walked by, Hernandez asked for help, and Welker replied: “Rookie, you figure it out.”

According to the report, Hernandez “responded with expletives.”

The Globe being a family publication, didn’t expound, but one of their reporters did on Twitter.

According to Shalise Manza Young, Hernandez’s reply was “f— you Wes, I’ll f— you up!“

While rookies getting their backs up with veterans is not an uncommon act, the threat within a few days of being drafted was unusual, and as was noted, it was not said in a joking manner.

It was also reported in the newspaper that Hernandez spent “little, if any time with his Patriots teammates off the field,” preferring to surround himself from friends from his old neighborhood.

Taken on its own, the story might not be that big of a deal, especially within the legal context of “innocent until proven guilty.”

But coupled with everything else we’ve learned about Hernandez this week, it adds to the pile of anecdotal evidence which is becoming harder to ignore.

If it is true he destroyed evidence in a murder case, he is a very bad person in my view, even if wasn't involved and was just trying to protect someone else. Facts are still being developed, but at present that seems like the best case scenario. If that is all there is, it's a serious felony and, well, screw him. I don't have an opinion on the "NFL is a privilege" issue, but I sure as hell do have an opinion about the Patriots and, if true, I don't ever want to see him in the jersey again.

And, though it's speculation it's educated speculation and, as I posted two days ago, I think it's going to turn out far worse and he has serious trouble and may well have had a significant role in the worst crime there is.

Again, its all speculation.
Lets say, however, that he was at the scene and not involved in the murder.
Are you telling me that a 23 year old who witnesses a murder, fears he could be blamed, and attempts to cover up that he was there is an evil person?
I get that the honorable thing to do is to go to the police and turn in the person who committed the murder (we also don't know those facts) but I think it is naive to assume a 23 year old with that much to lose wouldn't panic and to do so makes him scum.

And now the Globe is reporting once again, that rumors of Hernandez's imminent arrest are wrong: apparently NO warrant has been issued. . . .

[see Twitter feed at top of page]

No. It is obstruction of justice in a murder investigation, not a murder trial.

You mean like the Patriots dumped Nick Kaczur made a deal to help take down the guy who was dealing him illegal painkillers???

I'm taking the wait and see approach like you are, but that's a pretty piss poor example. Probably should have left that one at the keyboard instead of posting it. You simply cannot compare a drug investigation with a murder investigation.

Especially with all this new stuff coming out about what a bad dude he was, like I said earlier, getting drafted by his hometown team was probably the worst thing to happen to him. Maybe if he was in Seattle, he'd be more of a team-first guy.

That story you posted makes Wes look like a jerk too.

As far as it would have better for him to go to Seattle, screw him. These guys are adults.

Patriots News ‏@GlobePatriots 3m

BREAKING: Law enforcement source: No arrest warrant for Aaron Hernandez or anyone else in Lloyd investigation

WTF. No warrant now.

Wow, the sensationalism grows. A 21 year old said FU to a guy who busted his balls. And he has friends that aren't his teammates. Next we will hear he stole his sisters tooth fairy money.

Actually, it has been reported by multiple media outlets that he "intentionally destroyed" both his camera equipment and his phone, we aren't "making a jump" at all, you are just being naive IMO

No. What multiple media outlets have done is regurgitate what was reported by ABCNews. And ABCNews did not report that the phone was smashed. They reported that it was in pieces. And there is a difference. You can call me naive all you want, but the reality is that I gave you a perfect example of the difference and you have chose to be ignorant about it.

WTF. No warrant now.

This is the exact reason why we all need to wait before we make judgements and jump to conclusions. This has been happening non stop throughout the case so far.

Same here, to a similar extent. I certainly feel for AHern in one sense that he couldn't leave the demons behind - there's an element of tragedy there for sure. I can recognize that. But I don't want to have to root for him on a football field if some of these accusations pan out.

I think Ray Lewis is a unique case in that what angers me about him is that he never paid any debt to society, and then starts spouting BS sermon/preacher crap and a bunch of suckers buy it.

I feel very badly that a young talented man screwed up his fairy tale life. Millions of young men wished they were offered his opportunity. Whether guilty or not, the Patriots need to bite the bullet and distance themselves. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if that is not in the works. He poisoned the well. Even if he is found not guilty, this cloud will hang over him and the Patriots and the Krafts.

I feel sorry for him even more if not guilty, but the plain fact is he did not need to have this type of friend, girl friend or whomever in his life. The fact is that he had a posse who dragged him into this abyss was the final straw for the Pats and serves as a notice that they should have "0" tolerance on players who have show the propensity to be allowed to drift with gang members, drug dealers, cool but reckless hip hop morons, numskulls with gold teeth etc. that are "gangsta" with records.

Drug related as suspected? Most likely weed? Anyone who says smoking dope is not addicting, can't hurt you, is really cool to do and what..... me worry?, how is a life going down the toilet sound to you here?

There will be more that comes out and maybe it was not drugs as stated. But that weed is just too good to pass up I guess. I don't know. I never tried it. The people who I know who do it are just weak. Most are "follow the crowders".

I my own opinions. I am sure everyone differs. He needs to be gone now because it sets a precedent if he is not guilty. He stupidly put himself in a bad situation. It's not like he hasn't had 9,000 chances in his life. It ain't the first time for him "doing stupid" cousins.

If he is cleared, great, but he should not play in N.E. He has tainted the organization. It is very sad. Maybe another Team grabs him? Good luck.

I look at it this way. His chances of playing every game in 2013 were nil seeing his previous years injuries. He gets an ACL the Pats don't stop playing, so the Pats need to find a replacement being realistic here.

They have a guy the same size, with as good hands that might not have the quicks that AH had, but Jenkins looked good in OTAs.
Maybe he is the answer?
DW Toys

You mean like the Patriots dumped Nick Kaczur made a deal to help take down the guy who was dealing him illegal painkillers???

This is totally speculation on my part but I believe the Patriots are going to look at this differently. I think AH has been playing it up like he has cleaned up his act and has been saying all the right things but between whatever his involvement in this murder and whatever his involvement with the shakedown from the guy in Florida, he is still hanging with the wrong type of element. And just like how the Steelers sent Holmes packing for being a knucklehead I think the Patriots will do the same. They don't like being lied to and my guess is that they will see this as their opportunity to get out of his contract and will take it. It may be different if they don't have the morals clause in his contract.

No. What multiple media outlets have done is regurgitate what was reported by ABCNews. And ABCNews did not report that the phone was smashed. They reported that it was in pieces. And there is a difference. You can call me naive all you want, but the reality is that I gave you a perfect example of the difference and you have chose to be ignorant about it.

i doubt obstruction charges (if they are still valid, as now its reported no charges exist yet) will be brought over a disassembled phone. Doesnt explain the smashed home security system either. we are all hoping for the best but it doesnt look good

That story you posted makes Wes look like a jerk too.

As far as it would have better for him to go to Seattle, screw him. These guys are adults.

Yeah, but that's the way vets talk to rookies. Hernandez should know that. No one is going to treat a fourth-round rookie tight end like royalty in his first week on the job.

I agree about that with Seattle. I'm just pointing out how it would have been better for him as a person to be as far removed from his friends as possible. He should be mature and professional enough that it shouldn't matter, but obviously he wasn't.

I read that Wes anecdote this morning. I assume Wes was just doing the obligatory rookie hazing gig but man, the guy asks for help.....anyway, that certainly doesn't excuse the timebomb reaction though. I read some of the things other NFL scouts had to say and he had a well known temper, low self-esteem, rarely happy, moody, all sorts of things that put them off. However, he was so young and i guess probably pretty impressionabke and the Patriots saw value in giving him a chance for a fourth round price. I think it's understandable even if it's going badly now.

This is totally speculation on my part but I believe the Patriots are going to look at this differently. I think AH has been playing it up like he has cleaned up his act and has been saying all the right things but between whatever his involvement in this murder and whatever his involvement with the shakedown from the guy in Florida, he is still hanging with the wrong type of element. And just like how the Steelers sent Holmes packing for being a knucklehead I think the Patriots will do the same. They don't like being lied to and my guess is that they will see this as their opportunity to get out of his contract and will take it. It may be different if they don't have the morals clause in his contract.

Does anyone know if they have something in the contract that allows
the PATS to get out of it? I mean if he has to do jail time can they
get out of the contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back