PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Evaluations of Vernon Gholston? Links?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things:

First if the Jets take Gholston, then there's a great chance that we have a shot at McFadden. The Fins will pass on him, so will St. Louis. I think the Falcons will take a QB and Raiders are going to take O-line. That leaves KC who won't take a RB. If NY takes Gholston, we get McFadden. I know we have Maroney, but what a sick tandem.
I also think we would get a crack at a top CB but a crack at THE top CB.
I personally think that in these two scenarios, plus the idea of getting Gholston, or trading down for more 1st day picks, we're in a great position.

:confused:

And, how, exactly would that help the D? And, for that matter, what about Sammy Morris?

Seriously, folks, if McFadden's available at 7, someone other than the Pats will be taking him.

Only thing McFadden could do is pass the ball for us. Maroney is already fast..Faulk is already the hands and Morris and Maroney can both pound

no thanks. Mayock isnt impressed by McFadden..said he wouldnt touch him within top 20 picks. I understand where hes coming from too..hes very lean, fumbles, runs high, isnt as powerful as some say..hes no Adrian Peterson. He was a great player in college but i've always had questions regarding his status in the pros. think of him as a less explosive/not as quick/fast Reggie Bush with slightly more power.

wasting #7 money on a RB is a waste. Peterson had a 6 year $40.5 million contract. With Maroney already proving hes good..there is absolutely no need for a RB that early

Last edited:
A couple of things:

First if the Jets take Gholston, then there's a great chance that we have a shot at McFadden. The Fins will pass on him, so will St. Louis. I think the Falcons will take a QB and Raiders are going to take O-line. That leaves KC who won't take a RB. If NY takes Gholston, we get McFadden. I know we have Maroney, but what a sick tandem.
I personally think that in these two scenarios, plus the idea of getting Gholston, or trading down for more 1st day picks, we're in a great position.

that could set up a nice trade with dallas.

A couple of things:

Forget about McFadden, the Patriot will not be interested in a running back in the first round. The Patriots have FAR more pressing needs in the defensive back eight to worry about a running back in the first two rounds.

Hmm.. fair enough... I might be mistaken but I thought we'd go for the best available player. I am starting to think though that McFadden wouldn't be the best player at that spot. I started looking back over his highlights and I have to agree - he does run too high, does fumble too much and does have small legs... I do like the idea of a Dallas trade though. We could get good value to trade down if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back