PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's NFL Live: Vikings, Seahawks Discussing Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holmgren runs the WCO, which is supposed to require big targets, which is also hogwash, but anyway, Holmgren is one coach who will use WRs of any size.

In Green Bay he wanted Don Beebe in the worst way, and Ron Wolf vetoed it because Beebe lacked the right body size. A year later Holmgren got his way and they signed Beebe. Beebe was a major reason for why they made it to the Super Bowl.

I still think Branch will look to find a way to sign long term with the Pats.

He (Chayut) overestimated his value. We mostly agree the Pats offered him a reasonable contract. If he plays out his contract and can still be franchised, he risks injury.

He's not Randy Moss. He's a good small receiver with a great spread 'em out QB. Don't forget Troy caught averaged 100 balls over 2 years.

His career will be really damaged and so will Chayuts if he holds out.

Unless They get a substantially larger deal and a reasonable trade offer, they're like Wile E. Coyote, stuck over the middle of the Canyon looking for any way to get back to land.

BB offers the same contract with some phony concession, they migh have to grab it to save face.

They could pull the old "gave up more money cause I love the Patriots" bull, but it probably won't wash.

Short of a bonafide offer and trade deal, I think they have to come back to the Pats.

Interesting to note, the Pats have made no offers to vet WRs.:confused:

RayClay said:
Interesting to note, the Pats have made no offers to vet WRs.:confused:

Maybe because the veteran WRs out there are pretty much trash.

They did make an offer for Donte Stallworth, one guy who would actually make/improve the team, but he was traded to the Eagles instead.

My Deion Branch wallpaper is still up as my backround. Please dont make me take it down Deion. :(

What times the deadline tommorow?

Kdo5 said:
My Deion Branch wallpaper is still up as my backround. Please dont make me take it down Deion. :(

What times the deadline tommorow?

I read somewhere on this board that they thought the deadline was Friday at 4pm, there's still a couple of days.
I hope the seahawks or vikings don't decide to overpay and just get the guy.
Yeah we'd come out ahead in the long run but in the short term, we'd be pretty screwed.

sarge said:
And my point is that I could see the Pats a 4th round pick to the Skins for Patten.

My God, if the Patriots sent a 4th rounder for Patten I'd soil myself. You cannot be serious. That is a terrible deal for us. At BEST I'd give up a 7th for Patten. Maybe.

patsox23 said:
My God, if the Patriots sent a 4th rounder for Patten I'd soil myself. You cannot be serious. That is a terrible deal for us. At BEST I'd give up a 7th for Patten. Maybe.

Giving up a 4th for Patten would be like paying 50 dollars for the same two year old used shoes you just gave to Goodwill for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back