PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Merged x3) It's All Happening!!! PFT Now Blames The NFL For Tarnishing The PATS Image

Beautiful, good on The Washington Post. Last paragraph:

"The NFL, perhaps, could have halted “DeflateGate” before it began..."

I mentioned this to my family over dinner, tonight. It would have been easy to kill this in the beginning. Now, the NFL has to ride the tiger.

From the Vegas shark guy:

Do you believe Jay Glazer's sources? We don't and here is why!goo.gl/h8w6Bm

• Winner
Reactions: SVN
The 15% drop is not confirmed anywhere and that is what has started the firestorm[/QUOTE

That the drop was 2 psi is what is not confirmed. That such a drop would represent 15% is simply not correct, regardless of whether it is ever confirmed. A change from 12.5 psi to 10.5 psi in gauge pressure reprents a 7.4% change in absolute pressure. That was Dyson's blunder.

I'm extremely well informed in astronomy & cosmology.
I have no respect for Tyson whatsoever.
In other areas of science he does NOT live by what you posted.
He is someone who believes something and says whatever to support it.

My example: his uninformed tweet.
He's had a week to do the #s.

Well that's fine. To each their own.

This is the tweet that kinda made me a believer of this dude. It's not to often a guy will publicly disagree with his source, then turn out to be right.

No they never said that. This is what was tweeted:

Sharks of Vegas @SharksOfVegas · Jan 22
Official announcement is expected sometime over the weekend. NFL simply has no "proof" the Patriots themselves tampered with the balls.

Sharks of Vegas @SharksOfVegas · Jan 23
At this point, the NFL is delaying action in hopes of more information. They can't punish the Patriots with current info. #LetsEAT

The only thing we doubt about our source is when the announcement is coming. If NFL is smart, they delay it as long as possible.

By delaying, the NFL increases their odds of finding more information such as a confession.

Don't blame you for any confusion though. There's so much stuff out there that it's hard to keep track.

What the 2 of you seem to be overlooking is the fact that this Sharks of Vegas twitter account DID change their tune once the NFL made their official announcement on Friday afternnon, so @PatsWickedPissah is 100 percent correct.

On Thursday, Sharks of Vegas tweeted out the fact that they expected full exoneration, with the NFL making its official announcement stating such, and coming "sometime over the weekend." That was on Thursday night.

On Friday, the NFL made an official announcement, and all of the sudden.....Sharks of Vegas begins to tweet out a plethora of tweets (you can confirm by the date above on each tweet, Fri. Jan. 23) where they are now changing their tune.

Call it whatever you want, but yes--Sharks of Vegas were completely wrong with their initial projection. I don't understand how @JDot can say, "this is what made me a believer," since it should actually be the other way around.

Not meaning to come off as negative, but I don't understand all of the ballwashing for Sharks of Vegas. It's one more example of a media outlet that hasn't proven anything one way or another, and yet they are getting all kinds of praise from Patriot fans for sticking by our team. That I can understand, but I can't understand how anyone looks at them and says "they've been proven to be correct." That isn't true at all--at least not YET.

Last edited:
What the 2 of you seem to be overlooking is the fact that this Sharks of Vegas twitter account DID change their tune once the NFL made their official announcement on Friday afternnon, so @PatsWickedPissah is 100 percent correct.

On Thursday, Sharks of Vegas tweeted out the fact that they expected full exoneration, with the NFL making its official announcement stating such, and coming "sometime over the weekend." That was on Thursday night.

On Friday, the NFL made an official announcement, and all of the sudden.....Sharks of Vegas begins to tweet out a plethora of tweets (you can confirm by the date above on each tweet, Fri. Jan. 23) where they are now changing their tune.

Call it whatever you want, but yes--Sharks of Vegas were completely wrong with their initial projection. I don't understand how @JDot can say, "this is what made me a believer," since it should actually be the other way around.

Not meaning to come off as negative, but I don't understand all of the ballwashing for Sharks of Vegas. It's one more example of a media outlet that hasn't proven anything one way or another, and yet they are getting all kinds of praise from Patriot fans for sticking by our team. That I can understand, but I can't understand how anyone looks at them and says "they've been proven to be correct." That isn't true at all--at least not YET.

NFL will say Patriots employee had balls out of sight for 10 minutes but can't prove he did it. This way they save face and make it seem like he did, perhaps even try and punish Patriots for this. The problem is science proves the PSI must drop with the temp change and wet balls.

/QUOTE]

I actually said "that kinda made me a believer of this dude"

I
tried to hedge my self with the bolded. But it is pretty clear you overlooked that. But that is cool.

I have no idea what is really going on. But if you are going to put my name in my mouth at least don't leave at a word that changes the context of my post.

NFL will say Patriots employee had balls out of sight for 10 minutes but can't prove he did it. This way they save face and make it seem like he did, perhaps even try and punish Patriots for this. The problem is science proves the PSI must drop with the temp change and wet balls.

I don't know anything about that, nor do any of us.

I'm just speaking about the misconception that "Sharks of Vegas" have somehow been proven to be correct. All you have to do is look at the dates/times of their tweets. I made the same mistake and posted their "BREAKING" sources on Thursday night to my facebook page and they made me look like a fool too.

I actually said "that kinda made me a believer of this dude"

I
tried to hedge my self with the bolded. But it is pretty clear you overlooked that. But that is cool.

I have no idea what is really going on. But if you are going to put my name in my mouth at least don't leave at a word that changes the context of my post.

Apologies for leaving out the word "kinda," not that it really makes much of a difference one way or another.

Put it this way---what makes you look at their timeline and "kinda" makes you a believer?

I don't know anything about that, nor do any of us.

I'm just speaking about the misconception that "Sharks of Vegas" have somehow been proven to be correct. All you have to do is look at the dates/times of their tweets. I made the same mistake and posted their "BREAKING" sources on Thursday night to my facebook page and they made me look like a fool too.

I agree they are not breaking but they are putting the breadcrumb trail together better than most.

How have they changed their tune if they've been saying since the beginning that there is no evidence the Patriots did anything wrong? They tweeted Thursday night there would be no penalties for the Pats because there isn't any evidence and then said the NFL would be making an announcement (which was the press release) on the weekend. They also said they disagreed with their source and thought the NFL would take as long as necessary in hopes of finding something. That certainly seems to be the case.

Edit: they tweeted several times the NFL wasn't going to rule on what happened until after the Super Bowl.

After the NFL's statement, SoV said this:

The latest NFL statement only strengthens our belief that the NFL truly has no evidence against the Patriots.

I'm not seeing where they changed their tune? They've been consistent throughout this.

Last edited:
Apologies for leaving out the word "kinda," not that it really makes much of a difference one way or another.

Put it this way---what makes you look at their timeline and "kinda" makes you a believer?

Ok for one, take you lame condescending apology and shove it.

All I was saying with my post was that, well I will just sum it up in gif form..

hqfDWww.gif

How have they changed their tune if they've been saying since the beginning that there is no evidence the Patriots did anything wrong? They tweeted Thursday night there would be no penalties for the Pats because there isn't any evidence and then said the NFL would be making an announcement (which was the press release) on the weekend. They also said they disagreed with their source and thought the NFL would take as long as necessary in hopes of finding something. That certainly seems to be the case.

After the NFL's statement, SoV said this:

The latest NFL statement only strengthens our belief that the NFL truly has no evidence against the Patriots.

I'm not seeing where they changed their tune? They've been consistent throughout this.

This conversation started with PWP asking you if they changed their tune, which you replied to--"no." That isn't true.

They stated that an official announcement would be coming over the weekend, and once they were proven to be incorrect the very next day, changed their tune with a series of tweets.

How you can look at that and come to the conclusion that "they've been proven to be right" is what I'm questioning, but obviously I want them to be right just as much as you do.

To me, they are one more source from the media who hasn't really proven anything.

Ok for one, take you lame condescending apology and shove it.

All I was saying with my post was that, well I will just sum it up in gif form..

hqfDWww.gif

Not sure what your problem is, but whatever...

You were the one who got ****ty with your first response pointing out the difference between what I said and the word "kinda," which you claim I somehow missed, etc.

Does it really make much of a difference? Maybe you think so, but I really don't. Either way, let's just drop it. In the future, you don't have to come off like a douche with the name calling etc.

I've been around this block before with the Hernandez fiasco + Camera gate--watching people clutch at different "sources" that we'd never heard of. Forgive my cautious apprehension.

I'm not sure why so much time and energy is being spent debunking the veracity of one of the very, very few sources of information that have been defending the Patriots from the very beginning.

Arguing over the worthiness of a friend and ally seems misplaced when there are 1000's of other exaggerations and lies being told about us by our enemies on a daily basis.

Last edited:
This conversation started with PWP asking you if they changed their tune, which you replied to--"no." That isn't true.

They stated that an official announcement would be coming over the weekend, and once they were proven to be incorrect the very next day, changed their tune with a series of tweets.

How you can look at that and come to the conclusion that "they've been proven to be right" is what I'm questioning, but obviously I want them to be right just as much as you do.

To me, they are one more source from the media who hasn't really proven anything.
I had a post typed out (Deus actually quoted most of it below if you want to read it). From what I've seen SoV have been right, you disagree and that's fine. I propose we just drop it and focus on the upcoming game instead. :cool:

Last edited:
Check the time it was tweeted in addition to the date. I'm in the mountain time zone, here are the tweets with the time stamp:

Sharks of Vegas ‏@SharksOfVegas
Official announcement is expected sometime over the weekend. NFL simply has no "proof" the Patriots themselves tampered with the balls.
8:33 PM - 22 Jan 2015

At this point, the NFL is delaying action in hopes of more information. They can't punish the Patriots with current info. #LetsEAT
5:07 AM - 23 Jan 2015

The only thing we doubt about our source is when the announcement is coming. If NFL is smart, they delay it as long as possible.
7:49 AM - 23 Jan 2015

The NFL's statement didn't come out until hours after that final tweet where Sharks says they disagree with their source over the NFL announcing their findings.

PFT publishes the NFL statement, at 1:46PM EST (11:46AM MST): http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/23/nfl-issues-statement-on-deflategate-investigation/

Our thread about the NFL statement, posted at 11:51am MST on Jan 23: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/fridays-nfl-statement.1115489/

They were right.

Clearly a change from tweet #1 to tweet #2. Supa's 100% right, and Sharks got it wrong at the start. The question, which none of us can answer, is whether the backtrack was honest, or an attempt to save face.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back