PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's Mike Fish...WOW..."Further Indict"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, ESPN is SO invested in this story that they have to keep it alive. It was naive for anyone to think otherwise.

Imagine, if you will, and thoroughly enjoy the image of, the reaction of the producers and editors at ESPN, after all they had made of this "story," when they learned for 100% sure that there was no Walkthrough tape and that there was no evidence of anything to which the Patriots had not already admitted.

They must have thrown up all over John Clayton's shoes. Enjoy that. It's a good thing to enjoy. We all deserve to enjoy it.

Now, they are going into full spin mode and will try to make as much of this as possible. We should brace ourselves for another couple of weeks of a media firestorm and calls for Belichick's head.

I wouldn't be worried at all about the final outcome if a man with any strength were the Commissioner, but I'm afraid that we have to hold our collective breath until we see whether Goodell will do the appropiate thing and declare this episode, finally, at long last, "over," or whether he will pander to the media and the mob that is egging on the media.

At this point, the attacking should come from the other direction (iow, from the Patriots camp). They should demand who the 'anonymous source' was that Tomase used to cite taping of the Rams walkthrough. Because this entire debacle, Godell re-opening the investigation, began when it was 'revealed' that there was a walkthrough tape.

Let's see some heads roll, Tomase's in particular. Who is this anonymous source? If it wasn't that scumbag Walsh, then who? If someone can't be revealed, with tape in hand (and I'm about 1000% positive that's not gonna happen), then I would absolutely pursue legal action against the Herald, Tomase, and his editor.

I think, as it relates to Fish, he's kinda been along for the ride. He's absolutely stoked the flames, but his information is based off of Tomase's initial report. The days of 'one source and two backup sources' are WELL over, so I see no way that he or ESPN could possibly be sued in this case...unfortunately.

Last edited:
There's no smoking gun videotape walkthrough of the Rams here. So basically this stuff is all BS and covered under the punishment the commish already handed down.

Actually, if this is in fact the case (no walkthrough tape, that is) then the punishment--imo--is CONSIDERABLY more than a first round draft pick. On the week of the Super Bowl--actually, on the FRIDAY BEFORE THE SUPER BOWL--Belichick had to hold a press conference denying the allegations presented by Tomase in his article. Behind closed doors I'm sure Patriots personnel spent far too much time in spin control themselves, trying to keep one step ahead of a media that, these days, loves to stoke the flames of a forest fire.

I think that, as a Patriots fan, we should be more pissed off about this whole thing than relieved. There never was a videotape...good, now where's our frikkin Super Bowl? I've never seen Belichick get so outcoached, make so many idiotic decisions, and just generally look like he was in over his head than in that Giants game. Is it any wonder why?

see the Poll on the ESPN NFL page for incredible evidence of how mislead ESPN readers are. The poll says, "Will the Patriots face more penalties in the Spygate scandal"? 64 yes and 36 no. These polls must be a fantastic tool for whoever's in the Gerbels role at the "world wide leader in sports". Gawd what a sham!

Belichick is lucky that he's such a good coach, or else this whole thing would have definitely gotten him fired and blacklisted for a while. He probably would've ended up in Oakland by 2010!

Winning seems to help everything.

Belichick is lucky that he's such a good coach, or else this whole thing would have definitely gotten him fired and blacklisted for a while. He probably would've ended up in Oakland by 2010!

No, see that's where you're wrong. If Belichick was, say, an average coach--making the Patriots of the last 8 years an average team--you would have seen some mild uproar, a few stories on the back pages, and maybe a fine given to the Patriots. It's been discussed on this board numerous times: if this were the Bengals who were caught cheating week 1, it would have been off the media's radar in a month, and the last you would have heard about it was Goddell's fine. It is precisely because Belichick is a good coach that this whole thing has been blown WAY out of proportion (at least in my opinion).

No, see that's where you're wrong. If Belichick was, say, an average coach--making the Patriots of the last 8 years an average team--you would have seen some mild uproar, a few stories on the back pages, and maybe a fine given to the Patriots. It's been discussed on this board numerous times: if this were the Bengals who were caught cheating week 1, it would have been off the media's radar in a month, and the last you would have heard about it was Goddell's fine. It is precisely because Belichick is a good coach that this whole thing has been blown WAY out of proportion (at least in my opinion).

I don't see any reason why we're both not right about this.
BB is a good coach, so it's more of a story.
BB is a good coach so he's not fired.
BB is not fired so there's more of a story.
An average coach would have just been fired instantly, so there would be no story.

Cycle continues.

I love watching fans of other teams that opened their fat mouths about this whole issue backpeddle and grasp at straws. It makes me :D

I don't see any reason why we're both not right about this.
BB is a good coach, so it's more of a story.
BB is a good coach so he's not fired.
BB is not fired so there's more of a story.
An average coach would have just been fired instantly, so there would be no story.

Cycle continues.

I'm not sure that logic makes much sense..actually, it makes no sense. In one situation you have a coach who isn't that good, the whistle is blown, a mild uproar ensues (where he's either fired or not) and everyone gets back to business within a month. In another, you have a great coach, coaching for what is considered (and still should be considered) THE model franchise of the league, that gets dragged through the mud for going on 9 months now, that loses their 1st round draft pick, that had the makings of a perfect season tainted because of what amounted to a rules infraction. I agree, they were wrong to tape on the sidelines. But, as I said, if this wasn't the best coach and the best team nothing would have come of it.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, your logic doesn't work in the least.

I love watching fans of other teams that opened their fat mouths about this whole issue backpeddle and grasp at straws. It makes me :D

Are you referring to me?
I have no reason to backpedal about anything I've ever said about the Patriots and/or spygate.

Being a great coach doesn't involve luck, son.

Being a great coach doesn't involve luck, son.

The "tuck rule" play, all of Vinatieri's FG's at the end of big games, the sheer fact that Brady panned out to be what he has become, the stupid timeout that the Ravens' bench called during that reg. season game this year, ALL of those involve luck.

I'd never say that BB is a great coach because of luck, but there's not anyone in the world that is great at something that won't tell you that there was luck involved. Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Bill Gates, Lance Armstrong, ALL of them have had some luck.

I don't know why you would read that post and feel the need to refute it and call me, "son."

The "tuck rule" play, all of Vinatieri's FG's at the end of big games, the sheer fact that Brady panned out to be what he has become, the stupid timeout that the Ravens' bench called during that reg. season game this year, ALL of those involve luck.

I'd never say that BB is a great coach because of luck, but there's not anyone in the world that is great at something that won't tell you that there was luck involved. Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Bill Gates, Lance Armstrong, ALL of them have had some luck.

I don't know why you would read that post and feel the need to refute it and call me, "son."

Everyone has "luck." Winners and losers. Your argument seems trivial and demeaning.

Why are you here? I don't understand your motivation.

Everyone has "luck." Winners and losers. Your argument seems trivial and demeaning.

I think we can chalk it up to a very long string of luck....

Re: ESPN's Mike Fish .. WOW .. "Further Indict"

Not a bad team at all. We play in the NCFE (toughest division in football). We made the playoffs. Things are on the upswing for us. Best draft in 10 years.

Last year we got decimated by injuries.

You got decimated by the Pats, too.. :D

Are you referring to me?
I have no reason to backpedal about anything I've ever said about the Patriots and/or spygate.

No, I'm referring to the since departed Redskins fan in this thread as well as fans on other message boards. I actually enjoy your insight, believe it or not. I have also joined ColtsFreaks and am currently mixing it up with their fans.

GEEEEEZ
when I posted, "BB is lucky he's such a great coach..."
I didn't mean to start a discussion about luck. I meant he's a darn good coach!!!

I'm here to discuss the Pats like everyone. My motivation is to know more about the Patriots by the time the season starts so that I sound like a well-informed NFL fan when the Pats are on TV at a bar!

You're lying. And you must think we're pretty stupid...like Haystacks McCowpie down at the general store where you buy chewin' tobacky and give the old ladies what fer'.

You're lying. And you must think we're pretty stupid...like Haystacks McCowpie down at the general store where you buy chewin' tobacky and give the old ladies what fer'.

OK, I'm lying.

I have a hidden agenda that I plan on unleashing later on, once I have lulled all of you unsuspecting victims into a false sense of security. I am currently posting under a blanket cloak of deception and fraud. All of my posts up until now have been lies and deceit, and it seems to have worked on a few members already, as they have given me compliments on my insightful viewpoints. It's just a matter of time now before I un-cage my Colts fury on this entire board and systematically use the database to unlock all of your bank accounts and steal your money so that I can buy a Peyton Manning autographed jersey on Ebay. MWAAHH HAHAHAH! My plan is falling into place perfectly.

No dude, seriously, I'm just here to discuss the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe