PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's Mike Fish...WOW..."Further Indict"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN's Mike Fish .. WOW .. "Further Indict"

the patriots didn't break any laws. specter should keep that enormous nose of his out of this. maybe he can concentrate on some real crimes in his own state or something important like gas prices. leave the breaking of an nfl rule to the nfl comm. from now on when i go to nfl games, i think i 'll tape the defensive signals from both teams and mail the tape to belichick and there won't be a damn thing specter can do about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Could Fish be any more irresponsible in his reporting?

His own network reported in September that the Pats told the NFL that it was a practice they had been doing for years yet he runs unchallenged a quote from Spector saying he brought that to light in February.

Great Idea .. Why didn't I think of that .. ??

maybe i can post it on youtube and show how silly this whole espngate thing was.

His own network reported in September that the Pats told the NFL that it was a practice they had been doing for years yet he runs unchallenged a quote from Spector saying he brought that to light in February.

These people do this irresponsibe reporting because they are allowed to. No one voices their outrage. We might rip him in this forum, but when are we going to start going to the source and rip them? All PATRIOTS Fans should file a law suit against ESPN, that douchebag Spector, THE HERALD, and that BASTARD TOMASE. Let's see how they like it. Our team has been under siege for over a year. Let's hold these scumbags accountable.
ESPN was not invited to our stadium and the Patriots never spoke to them during the draft. Keep it up MORONS. YOU WILL HAVE ZERO ACCESS NOW. :mad:

Can you blame the guy for trying to milk a dead cow? This has been his cash cow all season and given him a reason to get out of bed in the morning. Without it, Mike Fish would go back to being the insignificant writer that people considered him before this. That time is almost at hand again.

All PATRIOTS Fans should file a law suit against ESPN, that douchebag Spector, THE HERALD, and that BASTARD TOMASE. Let's see how they like it. Our team has been under siege for over a year. Let's hold these scumbags accountable.

:agree::yeahthat::rocker:

I've had enough with Fish.

I just sent him an e-mail ([email protected]):

Your article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=fish_mike&id=3386223) on the tapes is one of the LEAST OBJECTIVE articles that I've EVER read from a mainstream news source. Are you that much of Walsh's mouthpiece? Just because you weren't able to score on what you hyped up for 4 months, now you have to move the freaking goalposts and now claim "OK, so maybe there's not a walkthrough tape. But the NFL, I'm sure, will still have to answer to those 11 teams that were "spied" on!" Great use of the word "spied," too, Mike. I'm sure the best team in the NFL would really be dumb enough to "spy" with a Patriots employee in Patriots apparel in plain sight on the sideline.

Puh-leez, Mike. Through this whole hyped ordeal, you've been nothing more than a mouthpiece for Specter and Walsh's pathetic attempts to drag this on and smear the Patriots. I can't believe ESPN allows you unobjective bull**** to published on their website every time something new with "Spygate" pops up.

I've also sent along a note to my boy Mike Florio, hoping that he'll take me up again and call Fish out:

Check out his latest article, Mike:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=fish_mike&id=3386223

"But if a New York Times description of the evidence is accurate, the league and the Patriots will see enough to feel uncomfortable.

"New England's videotaping practices might not be quite as limited as league officials have let on publicly since the scandal broke at the start of the 2007 season. And unlike in September, when the NFL destroyed video evidence turned over by the Patriots without alerting the teams that had been taped, five franchises will learn that their coaches were taped signaling from the sideline -- including New England's AFC East rivals Miami and Buffalo."

"The league initially portrayed the taping practices as limited, though officials have since said that coach Bill Belichick has acknowledged violating the policy since joining the Patriots in 2000. Back in September, when the league requested that the Patriots turn over evidence that might be in violation of the policy, New England made available six tapes from the 2006 season and 2007 preseason.

...Mike, I hope you've realized by now that Mike Fish is nothing more than a mouthpiece for Specter and Walsh's attempts to smear the Patriots. I think it's time you call him out on it.

I encourage you guys to do the same.

Last edited:
Mike Fish NEEDS Goodell to punish the Patriots. If Goodell doesn't punish the Patriots, he might be in for a whopper of a lawsuit from the Patriots and Ernie Adams. I still maintain that the Patriots have a better case vs. him and ESPN than they have against Tomase and the Herald. Fish admitted in his piece that he never verifed the damaging information against the Patriots.

We all know Fish is a puppet of Easterbrook anyway, but he knows if the Pats aren't in any further trouble that he probably is in deep trouble.

We will see what Goodell is made of real soon. If the case is closed with no further penalties or investigation on the Pats, I am wrong about Goodell and will never post on Goodell and Spygate. If something else happens, I am vindicated.

Last edited:
We will see what Goodell is made of real soon. If the case is closed with no further penalties or investigation on the Pats, I am wrong about Goodell and will never post on Goodell and Spygate. If something else happens, I am vindicated.

There is going to be a whole lot of spin around this, the No. 1 person working behind the scenes to minimize damage is Specter - He came out and said on NATIONAL RADIO that "There was taping in 2002 at the superbowl".

There's a whole lotta ***** that's about to get strung up and these guys are going to spin this info in a way that's bad for our Pats.

Best case now? All the Teams mentioned will come out and say what the Steelers already have: "We see the Patriots taping of defensive signals as a non-issue."

Last edited:

The league has already said that the tapes Walsh turned over are not new evidence against the Patriots and consistent with the Patriots original story with what they were punished for. What exactly is Goodell going to do?

I have already said. Goodell is probably going to go through the motions of an investigation if Walsh does testify to him about other allegations. But with no hard evidence, Goodell will never act. Goodell does have to avoid Specter getting enough ammo to convince Patrick Leahy to open Senate hearings.

Mike Fish NEEDS Goodell to punish the Patriots. If Goodell doesn't punish the Patriots, he might be in for a whopper of a lawsuit from the Patriots and Ernie Adams. I still maintain that the Patriots have a better case vs. him and ESPN than they have against Tomase and the Herald. Fish admitted in his piece that he never verifed the damaging information against the Patriots.

We all know Fish is a puppet of Easterbrook anyway, but he knows if the Pats aren't in any further trouble that he probably is in deep trouble.

ESPN is the target I want the Pats to take down. That is why I am rooting big time for NFL Network to gain wide distribution, as the first foothold in ESPN's demise. ESPN will lose its advertising monopoly as the "guy network", and eventually many of its viewers. This wil be a potentially mortal blow to ESPN. Once NFLN is on general distribition, they will have enough money to expand their programming to include other sports, and directly challenge ESPN on many fronts.

ABC/ESPN/Comcast all don't want this to happen for several billion reasons.

A lawsuit vs ESPN over this Fish fool would make my day.

ESPN is the target I want the Pats to take down. That is why I am rooting big time for NFL Network to gain wide distribution, as the first foothold in ESPN's demise. ESPN will lose its advertising monopoly as the "guy network", and eventually many of its viewers. This wil be a potentially mortal blow to ESPN. Once NFLN is on general distribition, they will have enough money to expand their programming to include other sports, and directly challenge ESPN on many fronts.

ABC/ESPN/Comcast all don't want this to happen for several billion reasons.

A lawsuit vs ESPN over this Fish fool would make my day.

Espn is more of a thorn in my side than the Herald... I ve said it again and again, its time to come down hard on espn...

Robo
We probably disagree on this but I have a lot more confidence in the impartiality of a senate committee in which 3 of the members are from New England than Goodell. I say let all the crap in the league come out, the Pats have been the Pinata long enough, its time to share.

Robo
We probably disagree on this but I have a lot more confidence in the impartiality of a senate committee in which 3 of the members are from New England than Goodell. I say let all the crap in the league come out, the Pats have been the Pinata long enough, its time to share.

Sorry, Goodell does not want this to go on unless he has to. Bringing down the Patriots hurts the league and potentially starts a snowball affect that brings down other teams. You are way, way, way off that Goodell is going to push some agenda (that I think doesn't exist in the first place) that is detrimental to the league just because you think he hates Kraft and the Patriots.

bottom line on the past 4 months of spygate:

The Boston Herald and ESPN used unnamed sources, led everyone to believe it was Mr. Walsh, and apparently falsely alleged that the Patriots made a tape of the Rams Super Bowl walkthrough. The persons who need to be punished additionally are Tomase of the Herald and Fish of ESPN for making up a huge story days before the Super Bowl. Now Fish seems to be trying to cover his butt by spinning a non-story as a story. It will be interesting to see if Tomase does the same.

Robert Kraft probably will not pursue libel charges, since this story would only be kept alive by that action, but a part of me wishes he would, to curb future drive-by journalism

It's over. Nobody will be re-punished for the same offense for which the largest punishment in NFL history was already handed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes