PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's Mike Fish...WOW..."Further Indict"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN's Mike Fish .. WOW .. "Further Indict"

the patriots didn't break any laws. specter should keep that enormous nose of his out of this. maybe he can concentrate on some real crimes in his own state or something important like gas prices. leave the breaking of an nfl rule to the nfl comm. from now on when i go to nfl games, i think i 'll tape the defensive signals from both teams and mail the tape to belichick and there won't be a damn thing specter can do about it.

Sorry to break it to you man, but I already posted that idea in this thread

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=82291&page=15

It is in the last paragraph or so.

But kudos if you had that idea on your own as well. Great minds think alike
:D

I've had enough with Fish.

I just sent him an e-mail ([email protected]):

I've also sent along a note to my boy Mike Florio, hoping that he'll take me up again and call Fish out:

I encourage you guys to do the same.

There is no wonder you are a mod.

well said, and only ignorable by the most pompous moron. But alas, you may have found him.

Fish loves rubbining in and his time is running out.

Fish just posted his second negative spin article of the day on ESPN. No new facts, now he just looks at the detail that offensive signals were stolen as well, as if that wasn't covered in the same rule as the one against stealing defensive signals. This guy has made it clear that he's got an agenda. Two articles in one day, he's the only member of ANY MEDIA OUTLET ANYWHERE acting more outraged than before. Amazing. Can't wait to see what he comes up with after Walsh and the Commish meet. Unblelievable!

It's interesting to see SI's headline being "no new information in these tapes", while ESPN's is "The PATS ALSO STOLE OFFENSIVE SIGNALS!!"

Fish just posted his second negative spin article of the day on ESPN. No new facts, now he just looks at the detail that offensive signals were stolen as well, as if that wasn't covered in the same rule as the one against stealing defensive signals. This guy has made it clear that he's got an agenda. Two articles in one day, he's the only member of ANY MEDIA OUTLET ANYWHERE acting more outraged than before. Amazing. Can't wait to see what he comes up with after Walsh and the Commish meet. Unblelievable!

Am I missing something, aren't offensive signals called in via the helmet?

Yeha, which is one of the biggest reasons why this whole accusation is ludicrous. You can observe offensive coach tendencies just fine this way, but as far as signals go there isn't even a code to break.

That's the same thing someone pointed out on the comments section of the article. Mind you NO ONE HAS EVEN SEEN THE TAPES, he's basing his second article of the day on the tapes being labelled "OFF". He's almost trying too hard...

Fish actually seems like he is running scared. I have thought that he might be the unnamed source.

Maybe Fish is doing some kind of Post Modern Ironic impression of the typical Pats hater. It's like he it TOO overboard, you know?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please feel free to tell him what a ass he is , I have

I already emailed the numbnut with my thoughts :D

I already emailed the numbnut with my thoughts :D

I wish I could get a job, follow a golf pro for 8 months, and see where it gets me , because I heard this guy who told me this guy, knew this guy , who knew of a guy that that might have taped a super bowl walk thru..

Can't I just string Fish, Walsh, Tomase, etc.. by their reproductive parts up a flagpole?

What a mess.

Can't I just string Fish, Walsh, Tomase, etc.. by their reproductive parts up a flagpole?

What a mess.
You're not finding those parts on those guys...

I just love watching you guys squirm... It is serious entertainment.

I'll check back as more news comes to light.

52-7. Really. Now THAT was "serious entertainment".

Go home with your tail tucked to that two bit foosball team that tried to hang with one of the greatest teams of all time. Buh bye now.

Last edited:
I wonder who they will send to foxboro for that MNF game, Steve Young?? hmmm he was pretty vocal about spygate..

52-7. Really. Now THAT was "serious entertainment".

Go home with your tail tucked to that two bit foosball team that tried to hang with one of the greatest teams of all time. Buh bye now.

Lol. I enjoy the "deflect the truth" strategy that so many of us fans like to use. Honestly it's tough for me to keep supporting this team, faced with all this evidence. I know homers will be homers, and I'm not gonna abandon the team, but you honestly don't think it casts a pall on us as a whole? The spygate thread that has the most posts on it is one attacking a reporter for using a word wrong.. that says something right there. So many of us refuse to acknowledge the damage this does to our reputation, and to our past victories, going on thinking "innocently" that we're still the best straight up team. I've had so many people tell me recently that just two or three years ago, they respected the Pats more than almost any other team, because we were well coached and made great management decisions. Now, those same people can't wait to shove the latest news in my face. And honestly, if I was in their shoes (especially divisonal opponents' fans), I'd do the same thing.

I know you still need to play the game well, but if we can pipe in where blitzes are likely coming from, what type of offensive play to expect, etc. it's obviously going to make an okay player good, and a good player much better.

I think as a whole, our fanbase is just struggling to get through this. Theres a lot of cognitive dissonance surrounding the entire thing, because we simply don't want to admit that what our team did was wrong. I've heard a lot of "everybody does it", "we could've taped from somewhere else", "it doesn't matter much", etc., but the point is that you just can't tape signals the way we did it. Other teams have known about this for years, there's several instances of Pats' employees being kicked out of opposing stadiums for such taping. Goodell finally chose to enforce the rulebook instead of having it be a game of "oh haha i caughted you! get out of my stadium!"

I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed hard for this, but reality hurts, my friends. The sooner you swallow your pride and realize it, the better you can deal with all the crap the world is throwing at us, and the sooner we can move forward with pride once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes