PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's Mike Fish...WOW..."Further Indict"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN's Mike Fish .. WOW .. "Further Indict"

Not a bad team at all. We play in the NCFE (toughest division in football). We made the playoffs. Things are on the upswing for us. Best draft in 10 years.

Last year we got decimated by injuries.

9-7
5-11
10-6
6-10

Awesome. Keep up the good work, and enjoy your 9-7 "Playoff" season.

Nah, we got GREAT value there. Look at it objectively. All argueably first round picks in the second round. Best WR in the draft and best TE in the draft... then Malcolm Kelly... best hands in the draft.

The Washington Redskins, once again, OWN the Springtime!

Mike Fish NEEDS Goodell to punish the Patriots. If Goodell doesn't punish the Patriots, he might be in for a whopper of a lawsuit from the Patriots and Ernie Adams. I still maintain that the Patriots have a better case vs. him and ESPN than they have against Tomase and the Herald. Fish admitted in his piece that he never verifed the damaging information against the Patriots.

We all know Fish is a puppet of Easterbrook anyway, but he knows if the Pats aren't in any further trouble that he probably is in deep trouble.

From your lips to Kraft's ears.

I just love watching you guys squirm... It is serious entertainment.

I'll check back as more news comes to light.

The league has already said that the tapes Walsh turned over are not new evidence against the Patriots and consistent with the Patriots original story with what they were punished for. What exactly is Goodell going to do?

I have already said. Goodell is probably going to go through the motions of an investigation if Walsh does testify to him about other allegations. But with no hard evidence, Goodell will never act. Goodell does have to avoid Specter getting enough ammo to convince Patrick Leahy to open Senate hearings.

According to the conspiracy theory, Goodell thinks of something. One because he wants to placate whatever press ESPN whips up. Two, because Goodell is a creep.

We love watching Redskins fans talk about their awesome Defense before getting 52 points dropped on them.

We also love watching your midget owner laying down millions of his hard earned dollars for every crappy free agent he can get his hands on, just to go 5-11.

ESPN is the target I want the Pats to take down. That is why I am rooting big time for NFL Network to gain wide distribution, as the first foothold in ESPN's demise. ESPN will lose its advertising monopoly as the "guy network", and eventually many of its viewers. This wil be a potentially mortal blow to ESPN. Once NFLN is on general distribition, they will have enough money to expand their programming to include other sports, and directly challenge ESPN on many fronts.

ABC/ESPN/Comcast all don't want this to happen for several billion reasons.

A lawsuit vs ESPN over this Fish fool would make my day.

I believe the Health club craze has helped ESPN. If a gym has 4 TVs broadcasting sound over 4 radio channels, you can bet one is ESPN for any guys. (Others are chick stations with, say, Regis and Kelley.)

It would be funny if it weren't true. Don't think Spector is through, he still has to earn the money Comcast paid him.

Correct me if I'm wrong on either of these three points:

1) We already knew this months ago
2) The earlier taping was taken into account when the punishment was handed out
3) It wasn't even against the rules back then

Or has this non-story made me completely lose my mind?

bottom line on the past 4 months of spygate:

The Boston Herald and ESPN used unnamed sources, led everyone to believe it was Mr. Walsh, and apparently falsely alleged that the Patriots made a tape of the Rams Super Bowl walkthrough. The persons who need to be punished additionally are Tomase of the Herald and Fish of ESPN for making up a huge story days before the Super Bowl. Now Fish seems to be trying to cover his butt by spinning a non-story as a story. It will be interesting to see if Tomase does the same.

Robert Kraft probably will not pursue libel charges, since this story would only be kept alive by that action, but a part of me wishes he would, to curb future drive-by journalism

It's over. Nobody will be re-punished for the same offense for which the largest punishment in NFL history was already handed down.

I pray you are wrong.

Any lawyer want to start a class action suit? I've mentioned my injury. Oh this can be aimed at ESPN and not set a preen on Fox or CBS news because ESPN does not clearly differentiate between "news" programing and Entertainment. Is Cold Pizza and ATH news or entertainment? Fox or CBS do differentiate.

No, I'm not a lawyer and would have no clue how to start it. I'm disabled, on SSDI and would gladly sign on and volunteer to do whatever helped. I have plenty of time and am not ******ed. B.A. in English I know my way around libraries.

His article calls Walsh a "key figure" in this whole situation... That sort of reminds me of some lackey who held the robe of a championship boxer when he entered the ring telling his friends he made a huge difference in winning that bout. Fish, your buddy Walsh is a NOBODY! Belichick couldn't have picked him out of a lineup if it meant winning the damn superbowl.

Also, check out how limited the Herald's coverage on the topic is... part of the news and notes section that also mentions Willie McG's 09 retirement.

I'd love to see jobs lost over this almost as much as I'd love to see defamation suits won.

Correct me if I'm wrong on either of these three points:

1) We already knew this months ago
2) The earlier taping was taken into account when the punishment was handed out
3) It wasn't even against the rules back then

Or has this non-story made me completely lose my mind?

No, you got it right. It's just the typical thread here over reacting to the feeble attempts on the part of the one guy who made his bones as an investigative reporter at his new employer ESPN trying to spin nothing into something in the face of impending exposure as a hack to save journalistic face that makes you wonder if you've completely lost your mind...

The sad thing is all Fish has left to offer ESPN is web hits and attention - and otherwise well meaning suckers here are determined to see he gets his even though that plays right into his hand. We go through this all the time - it's like our inability to ignore trolls as a community, the one thing that would send them packing. Just can't do it. :rolleyes:

Well, I think your club is in serious trouble. The 2002 AFC Championship? C'mon. This isn't going away anytime soon.

I didn't realize that the 2002 AFC Championship game occured outside of the period between 2000 and 2007. I guess it was played in 1992.

Seriously Arlen Spector should lose his seat over this to send a message...DON'T WASTE TAX PAYERS $

No, you got it right. It's just the typical thread here over reacting to the feeble attempts on the part of the one guy who made his bones as an investigative reporter at his new employer ESPN trying to spin nothing into something in the face of impending exposure as a hack to save journalistic face that makes you wonder if you've completely lost your mind...

The sad thing is all Fish has left to offer ESPN is web hits and attention - and otherwise well meaning suckers here are determined to see he gets his even though that plays right into his hand. We go through this all the time - it's like our inability to ignore trolls as a community, the one thing that would send them packing. Just can't do it. :rolleyes:

Well, to quote a really, really, really smart dude, "You know, it's hard work."

So we will never see you again? Excellent!

Or is it when Goodell announces the investigation is over and the Pats will not be further punished, news that will bring you back. I doubt it.

I am not squirming right now. I am delighted. The Pats haters who were convinced Walsh had the smoking gun should be squirming, not us.

I'm a transplanted New Englander living in DC. I can tell you, Skins fans are the most delusional people you'll ever come across. I'll be having a normal every-day conversation with one of the locals, then when the subject turns to football it's like I'm suddenly talking to someone from outer space. As if Buck Rogers popped out of his capsule from 1991 and suddenly had to cope with the skins demoralizing and consistent underachieving.

And it’s not just me making this observation either. Many people from around the country move to DC and many of them are football fans. All of them are astonished by the level of self-delusion. Not to say that other team’s fans are not insanely fanatical, like the Fins for example, but they freely admit it and express frustration when their team sucks. Not here. Every spring legions of Skins fans pop out of their ****oo clocks proclaiming superiority.

I have to give credit to a NY Giants fan who said it best when trying to reason with a group of nutty Skins fans. He said, “the last 4 years never would have happened if Joe Gibbs was still alive”.

I didn't realize that the 2002 AFC Championship game occured outside of the period between 2000 and 2007. I guess it was played in 1992.

DCSkinsFan is just jealous. He is a fan of a team mired in mediocrity and saddled with a ridiculous idiot owner.

There's no smoking gun videotape walkthrough of the Rams here. So basically this stuff is all BS and covered under the punishment the commish already handed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST