PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's Mike Fish...WOW..."Further Indict"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert Kraft probably will not pursue libel charges, since this story would only be kept alive by that action, but a part of me wishes he would, to curb future drive-by journalism
I don't know if you coined the phrase but I love it!

We will see what we will see. I actually hope you are right and I am wrong but I see a commissioner with numerous opportunities to have closed the case months ago not closing the case as Tagliabue or Rozelle or Stern would have. We both acknowledge the possibility if not likelihood of further investigations. It will never end if the commissioner doesn't have the will or desire to stop this because the media will never stop their campaign against the Pats.
Your statement that anything that brings down the Pats hurts the League is totally rational yet here we are with the Pats being brought down over a rules violation. Even if Goodell does not hate the Pats or Kraft, the results are sure the same.

It is amazing to me how ESPN continues to print stories like this. The bias is so blatant that you can't believe anything they report on. I guess we can throw the Herald into the mix as well. Oh well...as long as people pay them for Insider access and continue to watch the cable channels, they'll keep spewing garbage. It would be great if they get MNF taken away next time the slot is up for grabs. I'd watch NFLN over ESPN anyday. They have their share of bozos as well, but at least they have some objective reporting and an abundance of former players who at least have first hand knowledge about the game.

here is (IMO) the important point of Fish:

He is already claiming publicly that his "investigation" brought to light the fact that the Pats taping extended back to 2000, not just 2006. He is claiming this as justification for his other errors along the way, IOW, he made a mistake about the walkthrough, but his overall investigation served the public good.

BUT, this is untrue. Wasn't there an earlier article on ESPN, by Clayton or someone else, which revealed the taping practices extended back to 2000? An article that Fish ignored, or was unaware of? The existence of that article is a paramount to destroying the Fish canard. Does anyone have a link to it, and the ability to preserve that article bfore it gets "misplaced" from the ESPN archives?

If someone can post it as a reference, that would be very helpful.

Re: ESPN's Mike Fish .. WOW .. "Further Indict"

Could Fish be any more irresponsible in his reporting?

His own network reported in September that the Pats told the NFL that it was a practice they had been doing for years yet he runs unchallenged a quote from Spector saying he brought that to light in February.

this guy is just an independent reporter who posts from time to time on espn. if you scroll down, you can see his gmail address, which tells me he's not legit.

Well, I think your club is in serious trouble. The 2002 AFC Championship? C'mon. This isn't going away anytime soon.

I don't know if you coined the phrase but I love it!

It was coined by Rush Limbaugh (unless he borrowed it from someone else).

I really hope that Kraft sues Tomase AND the Herald as well as Fish AND ESPN for defamation. They need to pay for what they did!

Well, I think your club is in serious trouble. The 2002 AFC Championship? C'mon. This isn't going away anytime soon.

I feel the same way about your club. Read about your own coach, the legendary George Allen, and come back informed.

BB already admitted to Goodall that we had been doing it since 2000. That's why the original punsihment was so stiff.

There is no NEW info here that we haven't already admitted to. Walsh bluffed and when push came to shove, he produced NOTHING of value... NOTHING that wasn't already known.

Why don't you go worry about your pathetic team that spends money out the ying yang and still can't field a decent team?

I am plenty informed... nice 70's reference... It is 2008 right?

It is because we can afford it. Plus this year we signed no FA and drafted 10 then turned around and signed 13 UDFA's.

It is because we can afford it. Plus this year we signed no FA and drafted 10 then turned around and signed 13 UDFA's.
Yeah, you took the weakest WR draft in memory and based your draft around it. Good thinking :rolleyes:

Apparently you are not. There is nothing new. No further punishment. Live with it.

P.S. Your team will still suck, though. Likely for at least 10 years.

Unfortunately I read that. New tapes from 2000-2002 like BB has admitted to. Where do I get the five minutes it took to read that back?

Can you see Senator Spector dribbling his applesauce from where you're sitting? You should hurry up and finish that paperwork for him.

Yeah, you took the weakest WR draft in memory and based your draft around it. Good thinking :rolleyes:

Nah, we got GREAT value there. Look at it objectively. All argueably first round picks in the second round. Best WR in the draft and best TE in the draft... then Malcolm Kelly... best hands in the draft.

Nah, we got GREAT value there. Look at it objectively. All argueably first round picks in the second round. Best WR in the draft and best TE in the draft... then Malcolm Kelly... best hands in the draft.

Bad team. Enjoy your 5-11 season.

Not a bad team at all. We play in the NCFE (toughest division in football). We made the playoffs. Things are on the upswing for us. Best draft in 10 years.

Last year we got decimated by injuries.

These people do this irresponsibe reporting because they are allowed to. No one voices their outrage. We might rip him in this forum, but when are we going to start going to the source and rip them? All PATRIOTS Fans should file a law suit against ESPN, that douchebag Spector, THE HERALD, and that BASTARD TOMASE. Let's see how they like it. Our team has been under siege for over a year. Let's hold these scumbags accountable.
ESPN was not invited to our stadium and the Patriots never spoke to them during the draft. Keep it up MORONS. YOU WILL HAVE ZERO ACCESS NOW. :mad:

I'll sign on as a class action defendant. I can't count the hours I've had to explain to "informed" people we are talking about illegal camera placement.

Since they pretend to be news, they must take responsibility for normal, regular people assuming they have no ax to grind

No, no atty can get me my time back, but I can demand to be compensated for trying to undo the damage to other people they have caused by willfully pretending to be a news organization.

Any lawyers here?

Actually, YOUR tech knowledge seems to be stuck in the 70's (kind of like Coach Gibbs!).

As Bradymanny2344 wrote in another thread about he 2002 AFCCG:

"The sophisticated nature of the tape would imply that it couldn't have been done during halftime or whatever these knuckleheads think. Digital tape gets digitized in real-time. It can't be edited during half-time."

Nice try.

Enjoy the next 40 years of the Danny Snyder Regime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe