PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN rumor/speculation about Greg Olsen to potentially New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted us to draft Olson when he came out, the year we drafted Meriweather, we had 2 first round picks, we traded the other one and ended up picking Mayo with it the following year. I would still love Olson today. Make it happen.

The Pats have used receiving TEs in the past.
Not in the BB era except for Jermaine Wiggins in 2001. He was the last non-blocking TE. Since then every TE picked up has been primarily a blocker. The closest to a pass catching TE we've had since WIggins was Fauria, and he could block pretty well, too.

Graham, Watson, Brady, Baker, all the significant TEs picked up have been primarily blockers.

Not in the BB era except for Jermaine Wiggins in 2001. He was the last non-blocking TE. Since then every TE picked up has been primarily a blocker. The closest to a pass catching TE we've had since WIggins was Fauria, and he could block pretty well, too.

Graham, Watson, Brady, Baker, all the significant TEs picked up have been primarily blockers.

Really?!? Watson has primarily been a blocker for most of his career? The guy couldn't block when he first came to NE. He has turned into a decent blocker in recent years, but he was brought in primarily for his receiving talents. In 2006, he was the Pats #2 receiver in terms of yards with 643 in 13 games played.

As for Wiggins, the guy caught 14 passes in the 2001 season. He wasn't a pure pass catching TE.

Last edited:
While we all might not agree on Olsen's fit in the Pats system, I think we can all agree that it's good to see that the Bears are still going in the wrong direction...

While we all might not agree on Olsen's fit in the Pats system, I think we can all agree that it's good to see that the Bears are still going in the wrong direction...

I can't argue the bears don't seem to be heading in the right direction but this IMO would actually be a good move. They gave up their first and second picks for Cutler and I think the they have bigger needs that they could fill then keeping Olsen for a few more seasons will help. Sure it creates a whole to fill another but if I were a bears fan I would love to pick up a O-linemen in the second RD instead of keeping Olsen.

good te another former bear the pats should look at is thomas jones better than any running back we have now

good te another former bear the pats should look at is thomas jones better than any running back we have now

So you got family ties down in Southie from your father? Why don't you tell us about your Uncle Jackie?

Trade for the beast

So you got family ties down in Southie from your father? Why don't you tell us about your Uncle Jackie?

Calm down, alright? Most people post every day. What's the big deal?

Last edited:
AD and a low round pick for Olsen?

keep AD and play him outside...use him the way they used him in Balt.

But we don't really use TE in our offence that much. Is it because of our scheme or our TE's suck ?? :bricks:

TE Suck.

Greg Olsen fit well eith this offense. I like John Calrlson too from the Seahawks .

I just read a grumbling somewhere that the broncos may cut graham since he don't fit the mcdaniel system

I would take graham back in a heartbeat......when he left, so did any toughness the pats offense used to have

I just read a grumbling somewhere that the broncos may cut graham since he don't fit the mcdaniel system

I would take graham back in a heartbeat......when he left, so did any toughness the pats offense used to have

Agreed. He was a serviciable #1/# 2 TE with nice hands. Good valve for Brady too

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft