PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Removes Reiss's Reaction to Their Article About Patriots Stealing Playsheets

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN removed it from Mike Reiss's reaction piece about the article...not the article itself.

You had me excited for a sec. But, yeah, still bad move by espn.

They did change something or they didn't? I'm sorry, I'm confused by the wording a bit.

I too was confused. Reading comprehension for the win.

1. Reiss wrote a rebuttal/opinion piece on ESPN's article.

2. ESPN deleted Reiss' points where he criticized their Playsheet stealing rumor mongering.

Bad. Very bad. Just not as bad as what I first assumed they had done.

Ironically, I've Edited the Thread Title. :D

I think you guys are missing the point here, although maybe I am. What he saying is that Reiss' story was changed, not the original ESPN report. I think it's worse than what you guys think. And at this point it does seem as though Reiss is going to have to resign.

It never made sense to anyone with a modicum of intelligence - which is probably why it was included in the ESPN story for so long.

This isn't some high school locker room which sits completely dark and empty with the lights off. I would bet anything that from the moment the visiting team arrives to the moment they leave, the locker room has somebody in it. That might be an equipment guy, assistant coach, trainer, player, whatever.

In order to believe the Patriots are stealing playsheets, you have to believe the visiting team shows up, leaves their playsheets laying around, then every single member of the visiting team (including the assistants and managers and coaches) all take the field leaving the locker room completely abandoned, some Patriot operative sneaks in, steals the sheets and sneaks out, and that this has been going on regularly for years now without a single one of them getting caught.

It is sheer idiocy!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Amazing.

They thought for a moment that they had jumped out of that hole they had dug, and are now three feet deeper.

I just wonder if this "edit" was ESPN's own decision, or directed by their business partner at 345 Park?

2. ESPN deleted Reiss' points where he criticized their Playsheet stealing rumor mongering.

Actually, I think it's worse than what you originally thought.

Thanks for the clarification, DZ. I wasn't necessarily confused by your wording as much as I was the poster who responded to me.

At any rate, the shady **** continues as usual.

Does ESPN still have an ombudsman?

Reiss's article was short, to the point and didn't call out the writers of the original article. There must be some serious paranoia at ESPN.

This is far beyond just having to deal with shoddy practices elsewhere in the organization. They are absolutely cutting his #%!# off here.

Last edited:

Just when you've thought you've seen it all.....

have they removed it from the longer version ? All florio says is this

Irony- they say martz accused nfl of editing his letter but they do the same to mike reiss.

The original EspitN article has not changed at all, the stolen playboy crap is still there. All they did was remove 2 of Reiss's criticisms of the article. Now we can see why Reiss was supposedly reprimanded, he is bucking their BS line.

ESPN purposely drew attention to criticism of the story by removing it. Did someone do that on purpose?

ESPN purposely drew attention to criticism of the story by removing it. Did someone do that on purpose?
No, not if you mean that they want attention drawn to the criticisms. They took it away because they didn't want The criticisms out there. Unfortunately, because I like him, Reiss has to leave at this point.

ESPN ombudsman? Brings to mind 'pretty ugly' or 'jumbo shrimp'.

ESPN having an ombudsman would be like a congressional session wrapping up with a non partisan fact checker stepping to the podium to list off the verifiable errors and inconsistencies. It would not only take too long but the congressmen that spoke would too immediately look too foolish.

When you carry water for a powerful entity -- ESPN for the NFL -- it is unavoidable that the underbelly is destined to become slimy. ESPN then hiring someone, and giving them the forum to get it out to the public, to expose the slimy underbelly? That's funny...

#freebrady

#freereiss

I keep telling myself the absurdity of the offseason can't go any further. Every time I say that I'm proven wrong.

Schefter has supposedly taken Reiss under his wing a bit. Time for Adam to step up and make a stand for journalistic integrity. I doubt it happens publicly, but it still needs to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back