PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Removes Reiss's Reaction to Their Article About Patriots Stealing Playsheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danger Zone

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
ESPN Removes Reiss's Reaction to Their Article About Patriots Stealing Playsheets

Mike Florio staying on top of it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...it-to-column-criticizing-espns-patriots-opus/
Mike Florio said:
In response to the ESPN report that Patriots employees entered the visiting team’s locker room and stole materials like play sheets, Reiss provided a blast of common sense that was missing from the story: “Security’s extremely tight throughout Gillette Stadium. Don’t think too many people, if any, are casually walking into the visitors’ locker room. And let’s just say they are, who leaves play sheets around?”

Included in the original version of the article, it’s now gone.

Also removed from the original version was this final observation from Reiss: “When you’re at the top, everyone likes to bring you down. A longtime sportscaster with a deep history in Boston relayed this thought to me that resonated: ‘They used to say same the stuff about Red Auerbach.'

- Original (link from Florio's article): http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...all-stands-out-from-tuesdays-patriots-stories

- Edited Version: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...all-stands-out-from-tuesdays-patriots-stories

Last edited:
ESPN probably intended to do this all along. Leave it up long enough to get it out there as a talking point, then deal with the fallout however you need to as it comes up. Doesn't matter if what's being written is simply untrue. Doesn't matter if they know it's untrue. You can always retract or rewrite later if it comes to that, or just ignore it.

It's "Pats taping pregame walkthroughs" all over again.

Last edited:
It's nice that Reiss' comments changed something, but the damage was already done yesterday, so the NFL got what they wanted.

The average fan saw what they wanted to see, at least in my opinion, judging by the dozens and dozens of links and new "status updates" on my facebook page, many from casual fans who don't even really follow the sport that closely.

F'n ESPN..

tumblr_m13vfn0L0r1r13xzdo1_500.gif

No surprise. This is what ESPN has always done ever since 2007.

They write a story full of lies and half truths, then retract it a few days later, only to continue telling more lies later on.

Just finished reading that PFT story and I missed the part where Florio mentioned ESPN removed that 'stealing play sheet' b.s from the original story. I guess that's somewhat good - mostly thanks to Mr. Reiss.

I originally thought the only thing they removed/edited was Reiss' criticisms - which is obviously not surprising given ESPNFL's shady history.

Still, the damage is [far beyond] done and majority of the people who read the original version will never find out about the edit

Poor mike. I bet he doesnt work long at ESPN anymore.

At this point all we can do is throw our heads back and laugh

ESPNFL strikes again!

That's twice on Reiss in just a couple of days. I wonder what he'll do about it.

Last edited:
It's nice that Reiss' comments changed something, but the damage was already done yesterday, so the NFL got what they wanted.

The average fan saw what they wanted to see, at least in my opinion, judging by the dozens and dozens of links and new "status updates" on my facebook page, many from casual fans who don't even really follow the sport that closely.

Reiss's comments did really change anything though, ESPN edited his comments on the OTL article.

Wow! Shouldn't be surprised, but still.

As said, unfortunately the damage has already been done... at least in the short-term.

Honestly, this probably says more about Reiss' relationship with ESPN than anything else. Here's hoping he takes SMY's posts and then usurps the mentally challenged ingrate.

Just finished reading that PFT story and I missed the part where he mentioned ESPN removed that part from the original story. I thought the only thing they removed/edited was Reiss' criticisms.

Still, the damage is [far beyond] done and majority of the people who read the original version will never find out about the edit
have they removed it from the longer version ? All florio says is this

At some point, two of the seven takeaways were taken away by ESPN.
Irony- they say martz accused nfl of editing his letter but they do the same to mike reiss.

Reiss's comments did really change anything though, ESPN edited his comments on the OTL article.

They did change something or they didn't? I'm sorry, I'm confused by the wording a bit.

all florio said is they edited out parts of the reiss criticism

is somebody saying they also edited the 10k word opus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back