PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Removes Reiss's Reaction to Their Article About Patriots Stealing Playsheets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what you mean by disappeared the part of the article. I just looked and still saw the references to the play sheets.

I didn't check myself; I was relying on another thread, and my reading of same ... which, in the context of this thread, is pretty ironic. :)

The longer Reiss works there the less credible he becomes. Everyone wants to give him a pass because he's been the best for so long but if your work is being edited so it changes the story what's the point and how do I trust anything you say.

Tried clicking on the "original" article link and his removed bullet points are gone. Someone needed a screencap of it before it got edited

This entire saga gets crazier by the day. I think Noam Chomsky must work for the NFL.

10 strategies of manipulation by the media

1. The strategy of distraction.

2. Create problems, then offer solutions

3. The gradual strategy

4. The strategy of deferring

5. Go to the public as a little child

6. Use the emotional side more than the reflection

7. Keep the public in ignorance and mediocrity

8. To encourage the public to be complacent with mediocrity

Promote the public to believe that the fact is fashionable to be stupid, vulgar and uneducated…

9. Self-blame Strengthen

10. Getting to know the individuals better than they know themselves

I'm waiting to see how the idiot media reacts to this. Every member of the press should be outraged. Reiss' work was censored in the interests of advancing the increasingly bizarre ESPN anti-Patriot agenda.

Even the usual blowhards (I'm not going to bother naming them) locally and around the country should be pitching a fit over this, as should the other unfortunate souls who work at the Worldwide Sewer of Sports Journalism.

Last edited:
Maybe it's not such a bad thing to have Reiss ar EspitN, at least we get to see his critiques before they get deleted. Teddy is there too and it's been great the way he has defended the Patriots and mocked the NFL.

The longer Reiss works there the less credible he becomes. Everyone wants to give him a pass because he's been the best for so long but if your work is being edited so it changes the story what's the point and how do I trust anything you say.

He has called them out on his blog and his twitter feed in the past. he has no control over his editors.

Most important, if you ever read his personal blog, he has a young daughter with health care issues.

Yet YOU keep playing hero with his job.

How does someone else editing your post impact your credibility? Particularly when the stuff they removed was critical of the site's material?

http://www.mikereiss.net/important-causes/

Important Causes

A favorite father-daughter photo with Talia, whose courage is an inspiration to the family.

Mike and his wife Sigalle are proud supporters of Boston Children’s Hospital and their No. 1 ranked Heart Center.

In 2009, their daughter Talia was born with a heart defect, which was diagnosed at an 18-week ultrasound. Three days after Talia was born, she had successful surgery at Children’s. In 2012, she had another successful open-heart surgery at Children’s, related to the same condition. Today, Talia is thriving and an inspiration to the family.

Given this experience, Mike and his family provide support and work to help raise funds and awareness for the Heart Center at Boston Children’s Hospital, while also hoping to help support families who might have a shared experience. Specifically, the family supports the research of Dr. Ram Emani in the Department of Cardiac Surgery, as well as Talia’s cardiologist, Dr. David Brown.

In addition, Mike and Sigalle raise awareness for Boston Children’s Hospital Fetal Cardiology Program, which is dedicated to saving babies still in the womb and helping to solve heart problems before a child takes a first breath. Children’s began performing fetal echocardiography and groundbreaking fetal heart procedures more than a decade ago. They have now done more procedures than the rest of their peer institutions combined, more than 150, and are currently focused on refining this crucial tool—developing better diagnostics and building second-to-none surgical teams and facilities. Fetal heart abnormalities that are detected before birth, like Talia’s, allow doctors to plan for medical or surgical intervention once the baby is born. This also improves the chance of survival after delivery for babies with serious heart defects.

If you’d like to make a gift to support the Heart Center at Boston Children’s Hospital, click here.

- See more at: http://www.mikereiss.net/important-causes/#sthash.CW5S2y1g.dpuf

He has called them out on his blog and his twitter feed in the past. he has no control over his editors.

Most important, if you ever read his personal blog, he has a young daughter with health care issues.

In this vein, it seems to me that his colleagues both at ESPN and other media outlets should be calling out this nonsense in support of Reiss. So far, Florio and Bruce Allen seem to be the only people who care.

Last edited:
In this vein, it seems to me that his colleagues both at ESPN and other media outlets should be calling out this nonsense in support of Reiss. So far, Florio nad Bruce Allen seem to be the only people who care.

People here who tweet: Can you please contact other media members about this?

BTW, Sal Pal has a book signing at The Hall today at 12:30pm - - anyone going can ask him about this........give him an earful.

It's not really a matter of playing hero. And I think it would be reasonable for him to figure out where a good landing place for him would be.

But after this, the fact is he cannot stay there if he wants to have any journalistic integrity.

Other members of the media will be like "Yeah welcome to my world. My crap gets cut down by annoying editors every day and it pisses me off too."

Not sure how much sympathy it will generate unless we can show it is not your standard editor BS, but systematic bias against the Patriots.

Tried clicking on the "original" article link and his removed bullet points are gone. Someone needed a screencap of it before it got edited
Bruce Allen over at BSMW has a screencap.

If I were in his shoes and my daughter had a defective heart. I would sacrifice everything if it could afford my daughter the best health care she could get. I know he hurts to see his work edited and omitted but at the end of each day if his daughter is well he is doing his job. You have to understand .... In the meantime he is hopefully looking for a job that will give him the best of both worlds.

Florio has certainly exposed a lot of BS and has done it with an impatial tone. I used to not care for him but his reporting the last 8 months has been agenda free. He has questioned some of the things that raised national eyebrows (Brady's phone, the texts) but has been critical of the NFL FO's handling of the entire affair and how overblown it became.

He is a Steeler fan, so at least for tonight he's not going to go overboard being in our corner. I have no problem with that. He's a fan just like me after all. At least he can push aside rivalries and let his journalistic impartiality rise beyond the torch-and-pitchfork crowd backed by solid investigating when he posts articles.

Besides our local guys (and not all of them) he's the one who's cut through the smokescreen of 345 Park Ave and the Bristol Campus more than anyone nationally.

As some know I'm a big supporter and defender of Mike Reiss. I think very highly of him on all fronts (person, husband, father, professional, and journalist). I have no personal relationship with him other than meeting his brother through a mutual friend.

For those of you who say that Mike does not have any journalistic integrity because he works for ESPN are extremely misguided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back