PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Radio BREAKING...WR Roy Williams a Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: ESPN Radio BREAKING...WR Roy Williams a Cowboy

And yet you get the feeling that when the dust settles on this season Jerry will try to blame it all on Tuna... This is why it would never work and why he left. Jerry cannot stay a course. The defense Tuna built for him is already erroding and that errosion will only deepen over the next year or two unless Jerry lands in an uncapped league where he can outbid Dan Snyder for all the overhyped FA talent.

Dallas wasn't going to run the table with Romo at the helm. Now you can add a couple of losses to the tally. They may not make the playoff hunt.

Not really-the Lions gave us a 3rd rounder in last year's draft, so it's like we gave it back to them. We also netted 2 6th rounders b/c of the Jason Ferguson trade to Miami and b/c Pacman got suspended, we don't have to give the Titans our 6th rounder(we also TN's get 5th rounder next year b/c of this as well). And the Lions had to give us their 7th rounder as part of the deal.

Sounds confusing, eh?

I don't think you get the 6th round pick back for Pacman. That was conditional based on him being reinstated, which he was. It was not conditional on him NOT getting into trouble after he was reinstated - which is why Jerry hired folks to take care of his stupid ass.

That's how I rememeber it.

Plus the Lions did not just give you the 3rd out of the warmness of their hearts. There was a deal, and now that's gone.

Last edited:

I don't think you get the 6th round pick back for Pacman. That was conditional based on him being reinstated, which he was. It was not conditional on him NOT getting into trouble after he was reinstated - which is why Jerry hired folks to take care of his stupid ass.

That's how I rememeber it.

Plus the Lions did not just give you the 3rd out of the warmness of their hearts. There was a deal, and now that's gone.

Actually-if he got suspended(again), the Titans would have given us a 5th rounder in '09. About the 6th rounder, what I meant was that IF he made it through the season upon reinstatement, then we would have had to give them our's next year. However-IF he didn't get reinstated, the Titans would have given us a 4th.

It was in the '08 draft when we traded draft positions in the 3rd round with the Lions. In exchange, the Lions gave us their '09 3rd rounder.

GREAT trade for the Cowboys

Roy Williams will truly free up TO and the two of them will be a scary force on offense.

You have to give credit to Jerry Jones...he is always out there trying to make the team better and he will spend spend spend

the George Steinbrenner of football.

Fantastic trade for the Lions. It was well known that Williams was going to be traded, if not this season, then in the offseason. Calvin Johnson is the man there now, they don't need a second #1 guy next to him. Stock up on picks and use them to rebuild from the awful Matt Millen era. With Kitna out for good, if Stanton can play QB at all, they can begin the process right away. The Cowboys paid too much for Williams, but they needed a guy to open things up for T.O., and to replace him in the near future, since he's getting long in the tooth. Not awful for the Cowboys, but great for the Lions.

OT: Roy Williams to Cowboys

Detroit Receiver traded to the cowboys, that's one sick offense right there.

Re: OT: Roy Williams to Cowboys

It's stupid to give up a 1, 3, and 6 for a 2nd tier receiver, not #1 on his old team or his new team, when offensive firepower is already your strength

It's stupid to give up a 1, 3, and 6 for a 2nd tier receiver, not #1 on his old team or his new team, when offensive firepower is already your strength

as i mentioned in another thread, lombardi thinks it was done to appease TO since he is getting lot of double coverage and press coverage.

I don't get it. You lose a QB, RB, and CB so you give up all those picks for another WR. Sure, on paper it makes them scary but that doesn't always translate to making your team better.

Actually-if he got suspended(again), the Titans would have given us a 5th rounder in '09. About the 6th rounder, what I meant was that IF he made it through the season upon reinstatement, then we would have had to give them our's next year. However-IF he didn't get reinstated, the Titans would have given us a 4th.

It was in the '08 draft when we traded draft positions in the 3rd round with the Lions. In exchange, the Lions gave us their '09 3rd rounder.

Give me a link that backs that up.

This is what ESPN reported:

ESPN.com reported the deal involved a fourth-round draft pick this weekend and another in 2009 if Jones plays this season. The Titans would pay back that selection in 2009 if Jones is not reinstated for this season.

Last edited:

Give me a link that backs that up.

This is what ESPN reported:

ESPN.com reported the deal involved a fourth-round draft pick this weekend and another in 2009 if Jones plays this season. The Titans would pay back that selection in 2009 if Jones is not reinstated for this season.

Cowboys '09 draft picks
6:36 PM Tue, Oct 14, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Since the jump didn't work on the post below, here's a rundown of the Cowboys pick in April's draft:

ROUND ONE (0)

To Detroit for Roy Williams

ROUND TWO (1)

Dallas

ROUND THREE (1)

To Detroit for Roy Williams

Cleveland (Acquired in 2008 Draft Day trade: for Detroit 2008 R4 pick)

ROUND FOUR (2)

Dallas

Detroit (Acquired in 2008 Draft Day trade: for Dallas 2008 R3 pick)

ROUND 5 (2)

Dallas

Tennessee (As a result of Adam Jones 2nd suspension)

ROUND 6 (1)

To Detroit for Roy Williams (Tennessee contingency cancelled as a result of Adam Jones 2nd suspension)

Miami (Acquired in 2008 Ferguson Trade)

ROUND 7 (2)

Dallas

Detroit (Acquired in Roy Williams trade)

Last edited:
Lions received
Cowboys 1st round 2009 draft pick (20th overall pick)
Cowboys 3rd round 2009 draft pick
Cowboys 6th round 2009 draft pick

Roy Williams with Cowboys (10 games)
19 receptions / 198 yards / 1 TD

Offense Before Roy Williams
27.9 PPG (4-2)

Offense Since Roy Williams
19.0 PPG (5-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye