PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Poll: Would you want your team to go after Matt Cassel

Status
Not open for further replies.
when they remove the tag will they take a salary cap penalty?

The only penalty involved with such a move is that the money for the tag is tied up so long as Cassel is under the tag.

52%?! And that's INCLUDING fans of the Colts, Saints, Chargers, Steelers, Giants, Cowboys, Packers, etc.?? That seems really really high.

If they trade Cassel while he is under the tag, will they take a cap penalty?

If they trade Cassel while he is under the tag, will they take a cap penalty?

No. Trading a tagged player has been done the past several times.

And this is relevent because.....

Fan bases are the ones who decide what players a team persues, signs or cuts. For example right before the Patriots did the final cut to 53, BB surveyed the fans on Patsfans.com and decided on whether to keep Cassel or Gurtz was 99% based on the strong support Cassel got from the fan base... oh wait maybe that is not how it happens.....

Please take the time to read previous posts on this. As I've said a number of times in this thread, since we can't survey the 32 FO's in this league, i've simplistically used the fan survey as a proxy for them. This was never meant to be scientific...

Please take the time to read previous posts on this. As I've said a number of times in this thread, since we can't survey the 32 FO's in this league, i've simplistically used the fan survey as a proxy for them. This was never meant to be scientific...

99% of fans are morons with barely a tenuous grasp on the game. Only like 3 NFL GMs are morons. Your notion of using them as a pseudo proxy for an NFL FO really just doesn't work on any level.

Right now I think Matt ends up in the NFC North. Either the Vikings or the Lions.

99% of fans are morons with barely a tenuous grasp on the game. Only like 3 NFL GMs are morons. Your notion of using them as a pseudo proxy for an NFL FO really just doesn't work on any level.

Right now I think Matt ends up in the NFC North. Either the Vikings or the Lions.

Understand that this was meant to be a fun exercise. Of course using fan expectations as a proxy for the FO's possible decision making is clearly inaccurate. But so what, can't we discuss "fun" topics on this board anymore?

Matt Millen?

No way the Lions take him back. The Vikes, maybe.

Heh.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes