ESPN Mag says Ryan is better than BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Last edited:
Rex Ryan: The 4th Best Coach in all of Professional Sports Boston.BarstoolSports.com

I tried to follow the links from this to the post to the ESPN Mag that actually had it but I did not see the actuall results but apperntly they ranked all coaches in all sports and Rex Ryan was 4th best while BB was sixth.

Not even sure how to respond to this rediculousness.
ESPN is constantly doing these silly little lists to generate webhits/magazine sales/TV ratings. And to ensure the list does its job, they are sure to throw in one or two ridiculous entries so that everyone out in the sports world is talking about it.

Ryangenius?!? Seriously, the guy was treated like a baffoon as late as mid-December when he announced that the Jets were mathmatically eliminated with two games left and now he is a genius?

Belichick has three Super Bowl rings. Ryan has one (from his week 2 Super Bowl victory vs. the Pats). Shouldn't Ryan at least get one real Super Bowl ring before he is ranked ahead of Belichick.

How Belichick and Phil Jackson aren't ranked one and two is beyond me. But then again, ESPN Magazine isn't a real magazine. It is a monthly publication for people with ADD who like sports.

Last edited:
ranking the 122 teams in the four major professional sports in a variety of categories based on feedback from fans.

That pretty much explains it right there.

Jets fans aren't exactly world-beaters from my experience - I'm fine with letting them have their little moral victories.

All because his ONE season as a HC, he lost the AFC Championship game!

If he can be consistent, the gut might be a decent HC, but for now, he is a fat t**t :)

It says more: "1) The poll numbers were skewed by an organized voting bloc, like “Vote for the Worst” tries to get “American Idol” fans to vote for the Sanjayas of the world or the time Howard Stern listeners voted Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf the People magazine “Sexiest Man Alive.” Or 2) Jets fans are more numerous and way more delusional than I’d feared.

If you're just taking the 2009 season, how can you argue that Ryan didn't do a better job? Sure, they made the playoffs because the Colts got scared and didn't want to risk being the second team to have an undefeated season only to lose in the super bowl.

But, this was BB's worst year since 2002/2005 season's. Their game plans were bad, their play calling was bad and it was embarrassing to see BB get out-coached by two rookie head coaches and some 2nd year coaches.

Last edited:
11_yawn.gif

Last edited:
Belichick has three Super Bowl rings. Ryan has one (from his week 2 Super Bowl victory vs. the Pats). Shouldn't Ryan at least get one real Super Bowl ring before he is ranked ahead of Belichick.

That's a +1 right there.

BSPN has about as much integrity as the average 9th grader. If they were around in 1970 they would have declared Bud Grant to be a better coach than Vince Lombardi.

That's a +1 right there.

BSPN has about as much integrity as the average 9th grader. If they were around in 1970 they would have declared Bud Grant to be a better coach than Vince Lombardi.

Again........

based on feedback from fans.

Ryangenius?!? Seriously, the guy was treated like a baffoon as late as mid-December when he announced that the Jets were mathmatically eliminated with two games left and now he is a genius?

How Belichick and Phil Jackson aren't ranked one and two is beyond me. But then again, ESPN Magazine isn't a real magazine. It is a monthly publication for people with ADD who like sports.

Their goal is just to generate controversy which translates into ad revenue from the hits.

That's a +1 right there.

BB's resume actually puts him in a discussion with Lombardi. Putting Rex Ryan in Bud Grants class is a ridiculous stretcht though. Ryan will have to have about 10 straight years BETTER than his 7-7+2 gift seasons to be in the same sentence as Grant.
I think **** Nolan or George Wilson would have been a better example.

I think they're confusing Hotdog eating contest trophies with superbowl rings. Only way Cryassaurus Rex is better. How in the world could they even put him in the same sentence with Coach Belichick, after 1 lucky season that got his team to the AFCCG. WOW!!! Guess HC's don't have to do much nowadays to make the top 10 all time.

Is there a Super Bowl winning coach imitating Rex Ryan to motivate his team that I haven't heard of?
Is there another NFL coach trying to simulate the Rex bloated belly look because it's "awesome".
How HOT is REX's wife?
I think I've made my point. :snob:

I wonder if ESPN meant 'bigger than BB', and didn't mean he was better :)

Hilarious and not worthy of a substantial response. No one, not even Jets' fans, can be serious about this.

No one, not even Jets' fans, can be serious about this.

I am sure there are some thinking that it makes sense and that they are lucky to have such a great HC ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3