PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Mag says Ryan is better than BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where I disagree with you. The Patriots definitely deserved to be 10-6 last year. Hopefully those personnel issues are fixed going into 2010 and we can improve on that record and advance past the first round of the playoffs.

They absolutely deserved to be in the playoffs, wasn't saying that.
I was saying they had no business making it that far, any lesser coach or staff , like Payton and the Saints 2007-2008, could not get their team into the playoffs with the injuries and rookies the Patriots where playing with.

theirs no disagreement.

Rex and BB, there story will continue to be very entertaining I hope.

Is it possible to have a lot of respect for someone and at the same time do things that are disrespectful to that same someone? I believe it is possible.

I think Rex is an arrogant, loudmouth, buffoon, and a good coach. Maybe a brilliant DC. But he is what he is. I love the guy for his entertainment value, he says what most wont, and probably shouldn't, hes perfect for NY. I wouldn't change him or have him any other way. NY just needs to accept him and don't change him.

S.Payton is not a perfect example of a coach either and will never be a BB. He parties a bit, little egotistic (like a mad scientist), plays pranks allot on everyone ( payton once shined a spot light on Brees in the Dome and used the speakers pretending to be god ) , does whacked out motivational speeches, and gambles everything in his play calling, but hes perfect for N.O.. We accept him.

I know Payton respects BB allot because our team is a carbon copy, and they both talk on occasion, but I dont think Rex does, and that's not a bad thing either, maybe Rex respects VL more, so what? or walsh more. Id just except the guy for what he is.

Im glad you have a good coach, we'll see how good he is soon enough, hes got to back these words of his up in 2-3 years. Payton or BB are not saying statements like " I think its more than you can handle", so thats the difference. I see some brilliance in his deference, but we handled you just fine. Either way putting Rex above BB is ridicules , I think you agree on that.

Last edited:
Peyton is one of my favorite coached in the league. Doesnt hurt that he constantly heaps praise on BB and the Pats.

ITS PAYTON, lol, signbabybrady , peyton is the guy ill never capitalize again because he wouldn't shake Breeses hand. But thanks, I think hes smart not reinventing the wheel, learn from the master, then do your own thing later, but go to school first. Payton is still in school this next season, as he explained BB's consistent repeat of excellence is his ultimate goal, or " This one SB does not define my career as a HC, I expect us to do better" he said. He's still in school. No one expect him to be as good as BB, he'll be himself, but I think hes done a good job for he last 4 years, even if he lost the SB.

Last edited:
Payton or BB are not saying statements like " I think its more than you can handle", so thats the difference. I see some brilliance in his deference, but we handled you just fine. Either way putting Rex above BB is ridicules , I think you agree on that.

=======================================

I understand how so many would not like Rex and see him as a buffoon.

He is different then most modern NFL coaches, he is just like his dad but funnier, more approachable.

Payton is a great coach,, BB is maybe the best of all time, I get it.

Rex is just a big fat loudmouth if he does not win, so far he is walking the walk (#1 D, AFC championship game) and I am as a fan very happy,, as long as the Jets continue to progress..... To a SB.

Rex above BB is silly,,,, for now.

He is different then most modern NFL coaches, he is just like his dad but funnier, more approachable.

Rex is just a big fat loudmouth if he does not win, so far he is walking the walk (#1 D, AFC championship game) and I am as a fan very happy,, as long as the Jets continue to progress..... To a SB.

Good post. Well except Payton isn't a great coach until he wins 2 SB, right know he just looks good, and BB cant be considered the best yet. Even if BB wins 4 SB he still has to fight it out with Walsh,Noll and others for best of all time, he needs 5. I just think that would be cool because I respect BB allot.

I agree Rex has walked the walk. He made it just as far as Payton his first year.
Next year is going to be the test and fun to watch. Can MS and the WR core improve to a consistent level?
I know the Patriots and Jets have a HUGE rivalry, that's going to be imploded by Rex's inflammatory statements.

Saints have nothing but respect for the Patriots accomplishments, their fans good manors, a true fact that they act like championship fans before and after the game , and nothing but admiration for the Jets fans who we adore. Im more of a third wheel on this post. But the Patriots fans have proven themselves, on and of the field.

Again Good post, I only hope the Jets fans will understand you might not be back to the playoffs for 2 years until Rex gets this figured out. Payton didn't get it, and failed 2 years. HC is difficult and your coach or mine needs 2-3 more rings to sit at a table with BB and Brady and be considered equals, that is an impossible task, and one that should be respected when it is accomplished. Greatly respected, Patriots deserve this.

and what Rex did this year and what Payton did in 2006, should be respected as well, I think it matters more if your consistent and follow it up, keep getting better as you said.

Last edited:

I'm sure private Rex is different to public Rex like most of the perceptions of public figures out there. That still doesn't mean I'm going to stop hanging on him.. after all he is the head coach of the Jets ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back