PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN First Take actually hits the Manning case on the head..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could argue that Tarkenton is a HoF QB. I think he is but that is my opinion.

It is fact that Archie is not.

Yea..something about Archie has always rubbed me the wrong way
Speaking of FT... I saw an NFLN show on the top 10 elusive runners and he didn't make the list... and its not like they excluded QBs as Randall Cunningham made it... Just found it odd, I don't think he even got an honorable mention.

1. Barry Sanders
2. Gale Sayers
3. Marshall Faulk
4. Hugh McElhenny
5. Bobby Mitchell
6. Red Grange
7. Randall Cunningham
8. Joe Washington
9. ****ie Post
10. Willie Galimore

Speaking of FT... I saw an NFLN show on the top 10 elusive runners and he didn't make the list... and its not like they excluded QBs as Randall Cunningham made it... Just found it odd, I don't think he even got an honorable mention.

1. Barry Sanders
2. Gale Sayers
3. Marshall Faulk
4. Hugh McElhenny
5. Bobby Mitchell
6. Red Grange
7. Randall Cunningham
8. Joe Washington
9. ****ie Post
10. Willie Galimore
Interesting. Not sure he is a great QB but he was absolutely an elusive runner.

Staubach should be up there too.

Sexually assaulting a woman and then defaming her in print is a hick thing? I feel like Jeff Foxworthy would have brought that up at some point.
"if you've ever dropped your scroat and ass on a doctor for fun, then you and daddy talked about what a whore she is....

..... you might be a redneck!"

Manning seems obsessed with this trainer. If he has broken the confidentiality agreement a few times like that and even with the original incident. Maybe she turned him down freshman year?

Manning seems obsessed with this trainer. If he has broken the confidentiality agreement a few times like that and even with the original incident. Maybe she turned him down freshman year?

i am willing to bet that he made a comment or two to the trainer earlier about her body which she found offensive. a lot of the tennessee players were doing that to her. when she called him out for it he wanted to get even. he treated her like trash, like she didn't exist.

i am willing to bet that he made a comment or two to the trainer earlier about her body which she found offensive. a lot of the tennessee players were doing that to her. when she called him out for it he wanted to get even. he treated her like trash, like she didn't exist.
Whatever it was, it mattered a lot for it to be hidden from public record. And it makes me wonder if he had some big grudge against her for that unknown '94 incident. Or if she busted him for something he did in '94?

She was also in charge of drug testing the male athletes. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

This story is lasting longer than I expected which I'm happy to see. CNN has an article on their website, today, about the Title IX lawsuit. First Take is still hammering away at it today. Skip Bayless told an interesting story of how this story did come out in 1996, at least in Nashville and other SEC regions. He said that at that time, Archie did the rounds in the media explaining it away as a locker room horseplay incident and that everyone including himself bought it. He also mentioned Peyton publicly said that he felt the "horseplay" incident cost him the Heisman after losing out on the award. This is news to me and I think it suggests he harbored ill feelings for Naughtright. To me, the issue isn't what he did to her, not to underplay it, but the coverup and the way the Mannings trashed Naughtright's reputation at that time and continued to do so for years. All because she had the audacity to complain about him rubbing his genitals and anus on her face.

Last edited:
What does Kraft have to do with this story? He grew up in Brookline (far from Hicksville) and didn't sexually assault any woman.

My wife doesn't agree with my take on these type of things, but if PEDton did that to my wife or sister his arm would have been smashed with a baseball bat and his career would have been over right then and there.

can't swing a cat by the tail without hitting an internet tough guy

BTW.....what the f*ck does your wife have to do with this story?

Manning isn't defending himself because he can't. I guess he's learned to keep his mouth shut.
That and because he was named in a lawsuit he needs to stay quiet

I wonder if he could make a deal with her lawyers to come clean and apologize? I would have respect for him if he truly did that.

I don't believe that's true. The lawsuit is against UT and doesn't include Manning as a defendent.

I wonder if he could make a deal with her lawyers to come clean and apologize? I would have respect for him if he truly did that.
Of course, that would be consistent with his 20 years of behavior regarding this matter. Goober is famous for apologizing...

I don't believe that's true. The lawsuit is against UT and doesn't include Manning as a defendent.
He was named in the lawsuit. I didn't say he was a defendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes