PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally different position..OLB and DL arent the same. What is the connection?

Moore isn't a 3-4 DL in our base, he's a little over 260 lbs. Could be playing 4-3 DE or sub DE or whatever the hell it's officially called.

Last edited:
you recon? i thought he ran very well there at then... broke numerous tackles and always seemed to be going forward after contact

Agree--he is shaking off some rust to be sure, but he looks quick and strong. With more carries the next few weeks, he could be a significant player in the playoffs.

Moore definitely helped put the pressure on Cutler out there today. He gave a lot more than I expected from a late pickup. The Pats story just gets better and better. I think the stories of Fred Taylor's demise are greatly exaggerated. He may be injury prone but he looks more than capable of spelling BJGE for a few carries now that he's finally healthy again.

Eric Moore seems to have Willie McGuiness (sp?) build. He played well today, lets' hope he turns out be 6'5 270 guy that BB has been looking for.

Moore isn't a 3-4 DL in our base, he's a little over 260 lbs. Could be playing 4-3 DE or sub DE or whatever the hell it's officially called.

It looked like he was lining up at 3-4 DE, but I think it was just because of injuries. I'm guessing if everyone were healthy, he would play OLB before DE.

Eric Moore seems to have Willie McGuiness (sp?) build. He played well today, lets' hope he turns out be 6'5 270 guy that BB has been looking for.

Unfortunately, even if he IS good, he's 29. Not ancient in football years, but there's no guarantee age wouldn't kick in even next year.

I honestly had no idea who he even was. Had to ask people in the chat room. He played well out there today, no doubt about it. Was all over the field in the first half.

Moore, who has the same number Crable had (98), is getting exactly the snaps Crable had been getting, i.e one of the rush ends in the 4-2-5 Nickle. Cunningham was getting those reps after Crable was cut. Moore was playing opposite TBC in that package.

Last edited:
I understand that. It still looked like he was taking more advantage of the bad Chicago O-line than some other players.

Who is Eric Moore.. Oh #98? You guys are all wrong, thats Shawn Crable our 3rd round selection from 2008. I dont know how all of you could have forgot about him.. I knew he was gonna make an impact eventually!

Last edited:
After Warren went down, the Pats went to a 2-4-5 look with Moore lining up with his hand down and TBC on the other side standing up for most snaps, though Moore was standing for one or two.

He played well. Showed excellent motor out there. Glad the Pats picked him up.

The first thing I noticed about him was his size. Good build. Would be something if he could give quality minutes down the stretch. Kudos to the scouting department. Good teams are always looking to improve.

The first thing I noticed about him was his size. Good build. Would be something if he could give quality minutes down the stretch. Kudos to the scouting department. Good teams are always looking to improve.

Realistically if all he does is set the edge he is a great find ... we needed that role filled on the team. The rest that he does is a bonus and he seems to get pressure - so he doesn't finish on sacks but he is back there. Will be interesting to see how he works in a package with Wright.

Realistically if all he does is set the edge he is a great find ... we needed that role filled on the team. The rest that he does is a bonus and he seems to get pressure - so he doesn't finish on sacks but he is back there. Will be interesting to see how he works in a package with Wright.

Doesn't finish sacks? Sounds like a natural born Pats pass rusher. :D

Moore looked like a bigger, stronger, faster Crab - very excited about this gent

I came home from work right as he had the strip of cutler. Was thinking damn crable. Then I saw Moore on the back of his jersey and remembered crable was gone and though who the hell is this guy?

Doesn't finish sacks? Sounds like a natural born Pats pass rusher. :D

Ain't that the truth?
How many potential sacks have guys like Tubby Banta-Cain't , Ninko & Cunningham
let slip right through their fingers? A half-dozen, maybe more?

Though I'm still pissed that Bill released Crable, at least Moore is already >>> Putrid Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes