PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

End Of The Road For Siliga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutting Branch would be a $1.8m cap savings

With Which you couldn't come close to replacing the Branch of last year. Just aren't that many effective big men and most cost $$$$$

I loved Siliga but even I can't deny he fell off the past year.

silinga said:
image-jpeg.12350

Will always have love for Coach Belichick and Matty P and the rest of the coaching staff.
this must be from a fake instagram account. only tom brady likes belichick.

I loved Siliga but even I can't deny he fell off the past year.

I was extremely apprehensive during this point last offseason, since he had just come off of a major surgery and we were fairly certain to improve upon the talent/depth in the coming draft.

He served his purpose just fine, particularly as a rotational player in the SB winning season, but I never bought into the idea that he was suddenly going to be the clear cut starter that some claimed he would. Here's hoping that he latches on somewhere else as a rotational guy.

Cutting Branch would be a $1.8m cap savings

As much as your post was for useful information and not opinion, I wouldn't like that move one bit.

Branch started in 17/18 games last season, and made a very nice rotation with the other guys. He contributed about as well as we could hope, is currently under contract, and has a reasonable cost.

Siliga was a fine player. I wish him the best. The Patriots have a tremendous group of interior defensive linemen with with an excellent mix of speed and run-stuffing ability. Another example of how this team transitions from all-pro players like Vince Wilfork with a sound plan and solid talent evaluation.

I was extremely apprehensive during this point last offseason, since he had just come off of a major surgery and we were fairly certain to improve upon the talent/depth in the coming draft.

He served his purpose just fine, particularly as a rotational player in the SB winning season, but I never bought into the idea that he was suddenly going to be the clear cut starter that some claimed he would. Here's hoping that he latches on somewhere else as a rotational guy.

It really seemed at the end of 2013 and even throughout 2014 that Siliga was one of the best DT on the roster and a plus starter. Then in 2015 his playing time went way down, and I didn't understand until he actually saw the field and wasn't very good anymore. Alas.

He did yeoman's work for us. Wish him the best.

I know we get Easley back, but I'm hoping that this means we resign Hicks

The issues are totally separate

I don't think they should be. Why would you choose to lose one player when you aren't certain that you'll be able to re-sign the admittedly superior player at the same position? Those two losses would leave the depth at 2-down DT as Branch, Brown, and Nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes