PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Emmanuel Sanders visting today

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I see here is that we have until tomorrow to decline Lloyd's option, but the Steelers have five days to sign Sanders' offer sheet.

If we pick up the option and get Sanders, then we are on the hook for a very expensive 5th target at best. If we decline the option and Pittsburgh signs the offer sheet, we are out both Lloyd AND Sanders and starting Donald Jones.

Now I like Donald Jones more than most, but that is a baaaaaad situation.

The pats offer to sanders already dictated what they are going to do. They know right now if they are cutting lloyd or not based on this offer.

They know pitt can't offer 4-5+ a year for him with their cap issues. Pats may have offered him a good amount planning on dropping lloyd and saving $3 mill.

I think pats offered sanders a deal that pitt cannot match

The problem I see here is that we have until tomorrow to decline Lloyd's option, but the Steelers have five days to sign Sanders' offer sheet.

If we pick up the option and get Sanders, then we are on the hook for a very expensive 5th target at best. If we decline the option and Pittsburgh signs the offer sheet, we are out both Lloyd AND Sanders and starting Donald Jones.

Now I like Donald Jones more than most, but that is a baaaaaad situation.

It was reported Lloyd and the Pats were working on a restructuring today. Or at least it was reported Lloyd was willing to do it to stay. If they let Lloyd go it means they didn't come up with a a new deal yet before the deadline of when the bonus decision is do. But I fully doubt if it was to happen Lloyd is completely gone, they would just continue hammering out a deal.

Brandon Lloyd got his chance... he failed to impress. I'm down with giving Sanders a shot. Always seemed like an underrated guy

They know pitt can't offer 4-5+ a year for him with their cap issues. Pats may have offered him a good amount planning on dropping lloyd and saving $3 mill.

Which almost like swapping Lloyd's cap hit to Sanders for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes