PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Edited thread title] Jack Jones arrested for possession of firearms at airport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

Yes. A government who has a list of who has what guns where can easily take them away. Private gun ownership should give them pause (and it gives other countries pause about invading the US.

In a modern society how likely are you to need to use guns to counter an invasion or against your own govt? and would private gun ownership really give pause? Especially against an invading force who would be much more organised and with more advanced weapons? I can't see that pausing anyone more than the US military would.

From afar we see the US as quite a violent society with an issue with mass shootings of which many seem to happen in schools. In the UK we have no gun ownership and no school shootings and almost no mass killing events in schools at all. There is no need for metal detectors at schools and we don't need to run shooter drills. Your homicide rate is 5x that of the UK per capita. Are these linked to gun ownership? IS the increased risk and violence an issue with guns or just an element of your society we don't have and independent of guns? If there is a link is gun ownership and alll that comes with it balanced by the positives of giving pause to Govt and an invading army? how likely is it that you would ever need guns against your Govt and an invading army?

Often pro gun advocates will talk about knife crime in the UK to counter and it's true that it is an issue but mass knifings are rare although one did happen recently in Nottingham and mass school knifing events don't happen at all. As i say is this due to no gun ownership or just differences in our society such as differences in mental healthcare? Apologies ofr the stream of consciousness its morning here and i think i might have had to much coffee :)

The term thug has been widely recognized to be a racist pejorative.
You are the one who chose to use it to describe a black man.
Your response here digs you deeper in a hole.
It’s as if you used the n word then claimed it applies to all races and anyone who called you out on it is racist.
Or you have been living under a rock and dont understand a dog whistle is.
You got the wrong race. How quickly folks forget….

The Thuggee | Encyclopedia.com

And you’re recasting common usage…

IMG_0596.jpeg

I think everyone has said their bit by now. Don’t think we need to argue the second amendment or racism in here any further as neither really has anything to do with Jack’s situation.

How the **** do you forget you can't bring guns through airport security? I double check my range backpack if I'm going to traveling and want to use it on my trip for any reason. I get the idea of a stray bullet. This is just stupid af

Jack Jones arrested at Logan Airport trying to bring 2 firearms on board in carry-on luggage.

Part of buying a plane ticket they tell you that you can't bring firearms on the plane. Especially loaded one. Jack is toast.
Forget the ticket there's signs all over the security line at TSA and that line is never short at Logan

Oh, I agree 100 percent. I just find it so mind-numbingly stupid I can't bring myself to laugh. Or even crack an ironic smile.

All the charges are bad enough, but no firearm identification card is the coup de grace precluding any "it was just a bad mistake" excuses.
Which is one of the many reasons I'll never live in MA ever again. Complete infringement on 2nd ammendment rights

This right here likely will get him on the commissioners list as now he has to go to court and face state/federal weapons charges.. I really like Jack, and what he brung at CB.. just a foolish mistake.
I dr no reason there would be federal, illegally possessed is probably at the state level. Since MA likes to make criminals out of people that own legal guns in many other states

I don't think he'll be cut - unless he gets jailed. Nor should he be.

The penalty for carrying a loaded firearm through a TSA checkpoint is a fine between 4k-10k (approximately).

People who don't own guns, particularly in a state like MA, read incidents like this and gasp. People who own guns and live in many other states, say, "oopsie."

I suspect Jones will get fined and probation. I don't think he's going to lose his career over this, and I don't think the Patriots have some special code preventing them from keeping him. He didn't threaten someone or hurt someone.

PS. If you fly a lot, it's almost a sure thing that you've been on a plane with someone who had a gun in their carry-on.
He ran afoul of state laws though. Which is why he was arrested, if this was florida or Texas, itsa fine from TSA.

From afar in the Uk we get that most of you guys love your guns. That alone seems odd to us but the lack of background checks etc just seems insane. We need a license to have a ****ing TV :).
Really? Does the tv require a background check too?

From afar in the Uk we get that most of you guys love your guns. That alone seems odd to us but the lack of background checks etc just seems insane. We need a license to have a ****ing TV :).
Really? Does the tv require a background check too?
How many people does the tv kill every year?

bit of a false equivalency there, LFG

How many people does the tv kill every year?

bit of a false equivalency there, LFG
You never know.. during the peak 70s rock n roll years Tvs being thrown out of hotel windows as they trashed hotel rooms was a real danger :)

I dr no reason there would be federal, illegally possessed is probably at the state level. Since MA likes to make criminals out of people that own legal guns in many other states
Feds are involved becuase it was at an international Airport inside the check point once your in the check point your subject to FAA, Homeland security and whatever else federal laws they wanna add..

Why would Kraft cut someone who was charged with a crime?

Perhaps, there should be some investigation by the police, the league or the police. There is no rush.
That isn't the reality of the situation.

The kid is a ticking PR time bomb for a team that can't afford one.

After the AH situation, there is no way this kid stays with the team. None.

Just an unfortunate situation JJ put himself in.. self inflicting.. he was projected to be one of the top cover corners, and an ascending player.. he had plenty of $$$ to make.

Seriously? Only a black man can be a thug?? And I'm the racist? Show me from anywhere the definition of a thug that reads "a black man." That's in your heart and your mind, not mine. To me a thug is a person of any race with nefarious intent and conduct. For you seemingly that could only mean a black man, which ironically for you, sounds like a racist point of view. Nice job dipshit.

Ok Jackass. You apparently are another closet racist who believes only thugs can be black men. ****ing hypocrite, stick to subject next time.
Lol at people who now think calling someone a thug is racist. Thugs are thugs, skin color makes no difference. Pathetic how some people with guilt about their own insecurities about race portray it on others. Some need to look in the mirror..

In 3 months no one will remember. He'll be on a top contender producing for them with the narrative being hes "rehabbing his image" I dont see why Patriots are the only team who have to take the "moral high ground"

Hopefully the fact he has not been cut means the patriots realize that. I've seen this story play out too many times. Player does something bad, media pressure pushes them to cut said player. then a few months later said player is producing for another team and not a peep from the media...

I mean we cut AB then a year later not a peep from the media as he's playing in the super bowl with brady......while we had to throw 2019 and the last year of Brady here away.

Just an unfortunate situation JJ put himself in.. self inflicting.. he was projected to be one of the top cover corners, and an ascending player.. he had plenty of $$$ to make.
It sucks on a number of levels.

In 3 months no one will remember. He'll be on a top contender producing for them with the narrative being hes "rehabbing his image" I dont see why Patriots are the only team who have to take the "moral high ground"

Hopefully the fact he has not been cut means the patriots realize that. I've seen this story play out too many times. Player does something bad, media pressure pushes them to cut said player. then a few months later said player is producing for another team and not a peep from the media...

I mean we cut AB then a year later not a peep from the media as he's playing in the super bowl with brady......while we had to throw 2019 and the last year of Brady here away.
Two totally different circumstances.

Guns are a different issue - especially transporting them in a carry-on at an airport without an LTC.

It's not a moral high ground issue.

It's protecting their brand and the perception is the kid is troubled. The fact he has a history doesn't help.

I think everyone has said their bit by now. Don’t think we need to argue the second amendment or racism in here any further as neither really has anything to do with Jack’s situation.
Quoting myself here to remind everyone within the same page since people kept going anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes