PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Leaves Field, Apparent Foot Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let it be trivial. I would be willing to offer Dobson and Clay Harbor in sacrifice to the Gods in exchange for his season-long well-being.

Multiple sources.

My "early hope" is also that it is not serious. Are "hopes" relevant to anything, or is that just an inaccurate choice of words by the reporter?

Massive unsupported assumption that he can tell that his body is not 100%. That is on top of a proven wrong assumption that his feet cannot be injured when they are 100%.
He was just in a walking boot after a follow up procedure and got injured again, same foot, in his second day back. But you're right. He was probably 100%.

He was just in a walking boot after a follow up procedure and got injured again, same foot, in his second day back. But you're right. He was probably 100%.

No, I insist. You're right, he can totally tell whether a tiny bone in his foot is completely healed. You are also right to assume that he can't injure his foot when it is completely healthy, even though that has happened twice already.

/End sarcasm. You predicted something and are giving in to confirmation bias to conform the facts to your prediction.

The LOL is the clown fanboys saying "oh he's fine, he walked off."blah blah blah

He's pissed, he threw his helmet down, and it's the left foot. He's done. No sugar coating it

Didn't Gronk do the same thing after his ACL tear in Denver last year? We all clutched our pearls and thought he was done for. He came back in 2 weeks. I think the fear of the injury causes the reaction more than the actual pain.

Last edited:
It sucks that he came off of PUP yesterday to have this set back. It limits what they can do now. They only get one in-season IR slot and I'd hate to see them use it in training camp.

My "early hope" is also that it is not serious. Are "hopes" relevant to anything, or is that just an inaccurate choice of words by the reporter?

Perhaps he's using hope as a barometer of feelings of the source he has on the team. My guess.

Shut him down until week 1, or until Brady gets back if that's what it takes.
Fully agreed. I don't see any rush if he's not 100%. I don't care if he misses the first four weeks (or a bit more), whatever it takes. We have the horses to take care of business for a while barring another decimation of our offense like last year.

Perhaps he's using hope as a barometer of feelings of the source he has on the team. My guess.

I "hope" (and suspect) that he meant "early indications"

Even if it's a minor setback..no way i want to see him until week 1

Fully agreed. I don't see any rush if he's not 100%. I don't care if he misses the first four weeks (or a bit more), whatever it takes. We have the horses to take care of business for a while barring another decimation of our offense like last year.

I have to question the assumption that the player or the medical staff knows when a tiny bone and the surrounding tissues are "100%", or if they ever are, after injury, "100%". Reports are that Edelman went 100% during his first day of practice. That is all we know. Some here claim to know that Edelman himself knew that he was not 100% (or as close to 100% as a once-broken foot can be) but intentionally put his season at risk just the same. I don't claim to have that knowledge and I am very dubious of such claims.

Thank you to whomever changed the title of the thread..

No, I insist. You're right, he can totally tell whether a tiny bone in his foot is completely healed.

If you've ever had a foot injury, fracture, bone break, etc., you would know that yes... you usually can tell whether or not you're 100% good to go. There is still pain there if not.

You are also right to assume that he can't injure his foot when it is completely healthy, even though that has happened twice already.

When did I do this? Feel free to quote the post for me.

/End sarcasm. You predicted something and are giving in to confirmation bias to conform the facts to your prediction.

Actually, this began as a fundamental failure in reading comprehension. There is a key word in my OP that you missed. I'll give you a hint: it's also a month. Do try to read the posts before you feel the need to get into a pissing contest.

That said? The odds are that he probably re-injured his foot. It's the same foot and he just got a follow up procedure done recently. You also have posters in the TC thread who are actually at the practices, as opposed to some office trolling other posters in Miami, saying that they've seen him be careful and cautious with the foot. From now on, you may want to try to read what other people are saying instead of trying to jump on them.

In the end? Thankfully, it doesn't appear to be serious.

The LOL is the clown fanboys saying "oh he's fine, he walked off."blah blah blah

He's pissed, he threw his helmet down, and it's the left foot. He's done. No sugar coating it

No one said "he's fine". All that was said is that he walked off under his own power. Maybe you should use your supposed reading comprehension and act accordingly..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes