PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Leaves Field, Apparent Foot Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this at the end of 2015 and it may need repeating here: guys as competitive as Edelman is are their own worst enemies when it comes to coming back from injury. They're so eager to get back out there that they may do it before making sure their bodies are 100%. I sincerely hope we don't see him again until the regular season.

That may be wishful thinking, but hope you are right.

Why is that LOL-worthy? If that's the case, it may be a massive blow for the team.

The LOL is the clown fanboys saying "oh he's fine, he walked off."blah blah blah

He's pissed, he threw his helmet down, and it's the left foot. He's done. No sugar coating it

I am at the practice he sat on the cart for 15 minutes then walked off the field with the trainer under his own power.

The only good news here is that the season is still a month away. Who knows, if lucky he's ready sometime in September.

Again, if lucky...

hope he'll be back, but either way, the show must go on...bettern now than in october.....looks like Hogan is going to be targeted 130 times this year......and Malcolm Mitchell is the next Deion Branch

keep calm and smoke 'em if you got 'em

we had no clue that edelman would step up the way he did when welker disappeared.......

The LOL is the clown fanboys saying "oh he's fine, he walked off."blah blah blah

He's pissed, he threw his helmet down, and it's the left foot. He's done. No sugar coating it
Dude go F yourself. We all pissed and nervous but you want to laugh at us for trying to be optimistic. Kick us while we're down.

Thanks for the diagnosis, doc. We don't know that yet.

Let me roll out the mat so we can play this properly...

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Did they rehire Dr Gil or something? ************

Ironically, Belichick made a statement this morning that joint practices minimize the risk of injury. Then two of the most important guys on both sides of the ball leave the field with injuries.

I said this at the end of 2015 and it may need repeating here: guys as competitive as Edelman is are their own worst enemies when it comes to coming back from injury. They're so eager to get back out there that they may do it before making sure their bodies are 100%. I sincerely hope we don't see him again until the regular season.

Massive unsupported assumption that he can tell that his body is not 100%. That is on top of a proven wrong assumption that his feet cannot be injured when they are 100%.

Am I concerned that it's serious? Of course. However, would I understand if Edelman tweaked an injury two days after getting back to practice and was so frustrated he slammed his helmet down? Of course on that as well.

Don't insult us because we aren't taking a helmet slam as iron clad proof of a serious injury as if it's equal to seeing a bone sticking out.

I think Griff Whalen could do well in Edelman's role given time.

jeez??? hope it wasn't that serious

wes welker on line 1 :D

Tom Brady was helped off the field and into the locker room.

Edit: sorry for the confusion, I should've said in 2008 and quoted the other post I was responding too

Last edited:
Don't know all the details yet, but apparently Julian Edelman was carted off the field during practice a short time ago. He is said to have thrown his helmet down on the field in obvious disgust during a drill before going down.

More info as I find it.
We will have to wait and see what the paternity test shows...

Tom Brady was helped off the field and into the locker room
What really??? Or do you mean in 2008?

Sucks if this shelves Edelman...it really sucks. BUT it certainly doesn't mean all is lost. If we maintain reasonable health beyond him we will still very good...Gronk/Bennett/Hogan/Amendola/Mitchell/Lewis is pretty damn good still.

Am I concerned that it's serious? Of course. However, would I understand if Edelman tweaked an injury two days after getting back to practice and was so frustrated he slammed his helmet down? Of course on that as well.

Don't insult us because we aren't taking a helmet slam as iron clad proof of a serious injury as if it's equal to seeing a bone sticking out.
Given the original injury, I don't think you can "tweak" a broken foot bro. That's not how breaks work

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes