PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman: Broken Foot, Likely Back for Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a 6-8 week recovery, if there are no setbacks, and if they don't screw it up by pushing the healing. If there's a setback, it can become up to 20 weeks in a cast. We all know that there's no such thing as a report saying "surgery was unsuccessful", so we'll have to wait the 6-8 weeks after tomorrow's 'successful surgery' to see how this plays out.

That's pretty much all there is to know about it, so I'll be bowing out of this thread now.

When somebody is seriously hurt, I'm always relieved to hear he's been taken to a nearby hospital. Going to a faraway hospital seems cruel.

~Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

That's like when they say a movie will be in a theater near you, and sure enough it is. I can't figure out how they know where i live.

Deion Sanders thought, if welker hadnt signed last week with STL, pats would signed him. I doubt it though.Wes is too slow right now.

It's a 6-8 week recovery, if there are no setbacks, and if they don't screw it up by pushing the healing. If there's a setback, it can become up to 20 weeks in a cast. We all know that there's no such thing as a report saying "surgery was unsuccessful", so we'll have to wait the 6-8 weeks after tomorrow's 'successful surgery' to see how this plays out.

That's pretty much all there is to know about it, so I'll be bowing out of this thread now.

Is he getting the same surgery that dez got or different?

Also, it's very common in basketball and the 6-8 weeks apply there, to guys that have to run and jump and land on it all game long. Of course, if it doesn't heal well, it's see you next year.

Deion Sanders thought, if welker hadnt signed last week with STL, pats would signed him. I doubt it though.Wes is too slow right now.
Yeah, I mean to take snaps from DA? JE is not a slot WR.

It would be almost 9 weeks if we get a bye

This is arguably a better outcome than a high/severe ankle sprain, which can really linger for up to 4 months. I broke my foot last year and once it healed, the lingering effects were minimal for what that's worth.

If JE is good to go for the playoffs, we're back in business.

Last edited:
Amendola's ok but he has a hard time getting open. Idk. We need guys like lafell to step up. I wish dobson would but he's a lost cause
If Amondola can provide 80% of Edelman's normal production Ill be happy. Question is going to step up and take Amondola's spot in the offense as the third or fourth option? If ever there were a time for Dobson to show up, this is it.

According to some of our posters, we should be perfectly fine with the fact that the Pats are suffering injuries at an alarming rate. Every week it seems like someone is getting knocked out of the game for an extended period of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting Collins back and a healed line will remedy a lot of the current problems. Jones injury is bad but not a season ender. The D can carry them the rest of the way until Jules comes back.

Wait, what "Jones injury"???????

This is arguably a better outcome than a high/severe ankle sprain, which can really linger for up to 4 months. If JE is good to go for the playoffs, we're back in business
True. I have no doubt he'll be back in time for the play offs but you have to wonder what 6-8 weeks of inactivity will do to his game.

According to some of our posters, we should be perfectly fine with the fact that the Pats are suffering injuries at an alarming rate. Every week it seems like someone is getting knocked out of the game for an extended period of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's called "depth", and the only season enders to this point have been Solder and Lewis.

And this is how you fix it. All you need is a knife and a power drill.

Ha. Don't worry, it's the name of the type of injury Edelman got and nothing to do with Chandler Jones.

Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was having a massive Hoomanawanui for a second there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3