PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman: Broken Foot, Likely Back for Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope you are wrong.

Why?

In light of the fact that the timeline for healing from Jones fractures varies wildly, I don't think it's remiss to take an extra two weeks precaution, whether or not Edelman "feels ready."

Crabtree, Nicks, and a few other players that had Jones fractures were out longer than usual. IIRC Nicks was out for almost 4 months.

Why?

In light of the fact that the timeline for healing from Jones fractures varies wildly, I don't think it's remiss to take an extra two weeks precaution, whether or not Edelman "feels ready."

Crabtree, Nicks, and a few other players that had Jones fractures were out longer than usual. IIRC Nicks was out for almost 4 months.
Because I want him to be effective. If he is ready to play and they decide to baby him and put him in a game without being football ready that would not be good. I want him football ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because I want him to be effective. If he is ready to play and they decide to baby him and put him in a game without being football ready that would not be good. I want him football ready.

It's a human body. "Ready to play" is still a certain percentage guesswork regardless of how many experts sign off on his healing. He can work through a couple drops, he can't work through a re-injury. The guy went 4 weeks between his last regular season catch and his first playoff catch last year and was fine. I'm shocked that anyone would want to see anything other than an ultra-cautious approach with our #1 WR.

Last edited:

We are not talking about babying, we are talking about being cautious. Two extra weeks is not babying.

He came back last year for the playoffs and did not miss a beat, so that is why I see us taking that extra two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes