Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
Practice report
Link|Comments (0) Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff January 9, 2008 01:19 PM
FOXBOROUGH -- The Patriots are holding their afternoon practice inside the Dana-Farber Field House. The team is in short/sweatpants, shoulder pads and helmets, so this isn't a full-pads workout.

TE Stephen Spach and DB Antwain Spann were the lone players not present for the media-access portion of the practice, which included stretching and one set of warmup drills.

RB Kyle Eckel (stomach), who was not present for the media-access portion of Tuesday's practice, was back on the field.

Sounds like we're seriously healthy other than the IRed guys. Good news on Eckel, we need as many ST guys as we can for the playoffs - this week especially.

Agree that this is great news. Jags have some great ST players and Eckel has been terrific.

Last edited:
Agree that this is great news. Jags have some great ST players and Eckel has been terrific.

:agree:

Every time I watch a game replay, I see Eckel make a big play or two in special teams coverage. I will be very happy if he is active in this game.

Thank goodness we need someone to pick up garbage yards for the upcoming blow-out.

:agree:

Every time I watch a game replay, I see Eckel make a big play or two in special teams coverage. I will be very happy if he is active in this game.

A healthy and activated Eckel I hope means deactivation for Spann and Ventrone. Heck, they're lucky that they're on the 53 at all.

A healthy and activated Eckel I hope means deactivation for Spann and Ventrone. Heck, they're lucky that they're on the 53 at all.

Watch the Giants game again. Bubba can make plays, too.

Stolen from AWTE on Patriotsplanet:

I am also interested in seeing how the Pats handle their kick-offs. They certainly don't want to give the Jags any free points, field position or momentum with big kick returns. They were missing people against the Giants and it showed. Eckel is their best wedge buster type and it looks like he may not play so some game planning is going on their I bet.

after I pointed out that Eckel practiced today

Hopefully [Eckel] is ready to go. They used Ventrone in his spot last week. He tried his best but he can't do what Eckel does. Eckel may be a running back but he's also a big tough physical guy who makes a big impact on special teams. I too see him sticking around because he is valuable on special teams and can fill several roles on offense.

Eckel is the man. I can see him becoming the next fan favorite and sticking around for a decade or so.

Last edited:
Looks like he's one step closer to getting those 5 interceptions he needs for that incentive bonus.

Bubba's job on kickoff is to fly in first and bust up the wedge. I watched the kickoff that the Giants ran back and if you watch for Ventrone, he is the first one down there and knocks into the wedge. That should free up other guys to come in and make the tackle. He did his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back